NEurope
MadDog

Formula 1 2008

France was a traditional racers circuit. It had its processional races, but also threw up some quite interesting ones.

No it didn't.

There was nothing wrong with the race in both '07 and '08, as both had their moments!

France is certainly not on the same snore level as say San Marino was for example! There are also worse on the calender like Spain!

At this point in time I wouldn't like to see any curcuit go, if it's gonna be replaced by a Valencia!

Perfect weekend from Lewis, great way for him to answer all the critics in the past couple of weeks. Race wise it was pretty boring but Lewis did what he needed. Just shame Massa didn't crash or something.

I felt sorry for Kovalienen on such a special day that he ended up 17th. Lewis didn't put a foot wrong today but Ferrari did some damage limitation, but this ain't over yet, well for Massa and Hamilton at least.

Hardly a thriller, but there is something oddly pleasant about Lewis actually winning a race without some kind of extraordinary controversy or circumstance mixing it all up.

Hmmm, I feel a Hamilton cock up coming in Brazil now. Massa will definitely win the race. He needs to keep his cool, but ultimately deserves the title more than Massa.

Ferrari definitely deserves the constructor's championship now. Kovalainen is just poor - seventh in a McLaren is just not good enough. It's weird, because he was so promising in the Renault last year.

Hmmm, I feel a Hamilton cock up coming in Brazil now. Massa will definitely win the race. He needs to keep his cool, but ultimately deserves the title more than Massa.

Ferrari definitely deserves the constructor's championship now. Kovalainen is just poor - seventh in a McLaren is just not good enough. It's weird, because he was so promising in the Renault last year.

Na Lewis will keep his cool and get the title I reckon. But deserves it more than Massa? Hardly, Felipe had engine related retirement in Australia and Hungary and then there was the botched pit-stop at singapore...He could have had the title by now.

Na Lewis will keep his cool and get the title I reckon. But deserves it more than Massa? Hardly, Felipe had engine related retirement in Australia and Hungary and then there was the botched pit-stop at singapore...He could have had the title by now.

True, bit it could also be argued that Hamilton could have by now if it weren't for the Ferrari International Assistance.

True, bit it could also be argued that Hamilton could have by now if it weren't for the Ferrari International Assistance.

oh god the whole 'Ferrari bias' situation. This is coming from a fan of a team who are using an illegal car this year lol. Seriously, Lewis has had a very mixed season, 5 wins but also a lot of very poor performances. Whats he on, like 94 points or something? And the Spa incident only cost him 2 points..I can't think of any other problems he's had this year.

oh god the whole 'Ferrari bias' situation. This is coming from a fan of a team who are using an illegal car this year lol. Seriously, Lewis has had a very mixed season, 5 wins but also a lot of very poor performances. Whats he on, like 94 points or something? And the Spa incident only cost him 2 points..I can't think of any other problems he's had this year.

Let's see, The Spa incident, When ferrari released Massa out of his pit stop into another car (can't remember the race, but they only got a fine when other teams got timed penalties for it) and let's not forget about last week, Massa decided to try and run Bourdais off the track and still got the benefit of it. There is nothing illegal on the Mclaren car, if there was im sure the FIA would have given the title to their beloved team already.

Let's see, The Spa incident, When ferrari released Massa out of his pit stop into another car (can't remember the race, but they only got a fine when other teams got timed penalties for it) and let's not forget about last week, Massa decided to try and run Bourdais off the track and still got the benefit of it. There is nothing illegal on the Mclaren car, if there was im sure the FIA would have given the title to their beloved team already.

I'm sorry but there is a pretty good chance that they've benefited from all the Ferrari info they got last year.

And LOL at 'When ferrari released Massa out of his pit stop into another car'. You're referring to Valencia right? Ofc he was only to get a fine, he did nothing wrong. Infact, him recieving a fine was a stupid decision anyway, it wasn't his fault it was the teams. Then you look at Singapore where he got a drive through for it and everyone was like 'wtf how does that make sense. No one EVER get's penalties for it, Massa has been the only driver to be investigated for it (it happens a lot of times over a season and why didn't anyone else get punished?).

Let's see, The Spa incident
Totally deserved. Hamilton broke the rules.
When ferrari released Massa out of his pit stop into another car (can't remember the race, but they only got a fine when other teams got timed penalties for it)
I'll give you that as I can't remember.
and let's not forget about last week, Massa decided to try and run Bourdais off the track and still got the benefit of it.
Massa came out ahead of Bourdais, who should've been careful about re-entering from the pit. Bourdais ran Massa off, as Massa was overtaking him.

About Kovalainen - maybe he's unlucky, but never has he been unlucky in a winning position. Granted, his seventh position really does tell something about his luck, but I though he was more of a winner. When he had the perfect opportunity for a win in Monza, he was outpaced by a Toro Rosso.

Totally deserved. Hamilton broke the rules.I'll give you that as I can't remember. Massa came out ahead of Bourdais, who should've been careful about re-entering from the pit. Bourdais ran Massa off, as Massa was overtaking him.

About Kovalainen - maybe he's unlucky, but never has he been unlucky in a winning position. Granted, his seventh position really does tell something about his luck, but I though he was more of a winner. When he had the perfect opportunity for a win in Monza, he was outpaced by a Toro Rosso.

Being that Bourdais would not have been able to see Massa in his mirrors, he didn't deviate off the line from the pitlane, how was he suppose to know he was there? Funny how ever other F1 driver has backed Bourdais over it.

Being that Bourdais would not have been able to see Massa in his mirrors, he didn't deviate off the line from the pitlane, how was he suppose to know he was there? Funny how ever other F1 driver has backed Bourdais over it.

See for yourself. Massa had already passed him when he got knocked around.

But Bourdais had just exited the pit lane, and had nowhere to go unless you expected him to throw himself into the right hand tyre wall. He's right up on the kerb as it is when Massa hits him. Penalising Bourdais rates as easily the crappiest stewarding decision in years, Spa 08 and all.

Bullocks. If he saw a collision coming he should've slowed down. He deliberately went for the gap Massa left going around him, and that was stupid.

There was really no reason for Massa to knock him out of the race as Massa was faster at that point and would've easily passed Bourdais on cold tires anyway.

Bullocks. If he saw a collision coming he should've slowed down. He deliberately went for the gap Massa left going around him, and that was stupid.

There was really no reason for Massa to knock him out of the race as Massa was faster at that point and would've easily passed Bourdais on cold tires anyway.

Yet he did it anyway, Massa shouldn't have tried to pass him when there was no right to, jeez Hamilton gets enough criticism for it. Not too sure about Massa passing him later on, he seems to only be able to pass fresh air, not exactly renowned for coming through the field.

Don't you see that if Massa ran a bit wider he would've easily passed him? He obviously didn't expect Bourdais to keep his car there, because Bourdais tried too hard.

Also, there's no way Bourdais would've kept Massa behind him. At the time Massa had already passed several cars.

Don't you see that if Massa ran a bit wider he would've easily passed him? He obviously didn't expect Bourdais to keep his car there, because Bourdais tried too hard.

Also, there's no way Bourdais would've kept Massa behind him. At the time Massa had already passed several cars.

Didn't expect to keep his car there?

Bourdais had the racing line going into the corner, what what he suppose to do? drive off the track to let Massa through? He wasn't a back marker getting lapped so he was completely entitled to be where he was, Massa was just far too aggressive trying to get through the field.

I'm a Massa fan but I reckon that the Bourdais incident was his fault. That said, atleast he made an effort to get through the field; Lewis was pretty average that race.

Glad LH got the win. Even Ferrari International Assistance (FIA) couldn't stop him at the weekend like they have been trying to throughout this campagin. Hopefully he wont mess up in the final race/FIA screw him over and he'll go on and win the title :)

He'll obviously go for the win if it's possible for him, he can just ease in behind the Ferrari's but BMW, Renault, Toyota and Red Bull could rob him if he messes up.