N-Europe

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

DiemetriX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One out of Two

Freeloader has arrived. This gonna be immense. Bragging rights to a couple of other Wii-owning friends, who will be waiting for an unknown release. I am loving this.

If it doesnt work I'll smash the computer and take some coke then fall out the window.

So Datel sent me a freeloader today even though my order was cancelled and they havent charged me for it. If anyone wants one for a tenner including postage reply here or send me a PM and if you can pay tonight I can post it tomorrow morning.

Damn you Noodle! I'm quite tempted to take you up on that, but if I'm ordering Brawl somewhere I'll be getting the freeloader for roughly the same anyway. Decisions decisions...I'll leave it for someone else at the minute.

Thanks to the few people who commented my guide, and quite amazed to see it in the first post! Wasn't expecting that, but if it helps people, then I'm happy :D Thanks for sticking it up Ashley, great stuff with the compatibility list too, I was too lazy for that. and if anyone sees anything wrong with things do let me know(and someone who can edit the first post), I don't wanna get shouted at for misinformation :P.

Also, not really an Freeloader issue as such, but it's been claimed that if you later decide to get the EU version of the game, the save will not work with it, so be wary of that if you're planning to do so when it's released. I'm gonna try and look for confirmation on this, but to be honest, I don't think it's gonna be at all possible to do until we actually get a release. The best alternative will be if anyone can check if it's an issue with a different game(ie anyone with NTSC NMH save try sticking a PAL NMH in their GC and see if it loads).

I'll take it Noodle, PMd you.

So just to clarify. The freeloader is fool proof, idiot proof, update proof and most importantly Nintendo proof?

If I buy one I can play NMH, Smash and any US game?!?!?!

Yip. Brawl and NMH play perfectly. I don't regret this at all. about to try out Dragon Quest now.

I'll take it Noodle, PMd you.

So just to clarify. The freeloader is fool proof, idiot proof, update proof and most importantly Nintendo proof?

If I buy one I can play NMH, Smash and any US game?!?!?!

I would say yes to all them, except the Nintendo one! Something in the future may stop if from working (i believe this is what it states on the actual disc as well), but it will take sometime to figure out how to stop it in my opinion (and they might not even bother).

For now though, it's all good! So get Brawl and enjoy!

I SHALL BEAT ALL OF YOU ONCE I HAVE THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!

MUHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I'm pretty good to be honest! Aren't i ShadowV7? Aren't i???? :D

But if Nintendo do stop it from working, won't Datel try and work out a different way to get the freeloader to work again? And if so, can the ones who paid for one get a free update of the freeloader?

(I think it said so on the site somewhere but I want to make sure.)

Anyway if Nintendo do block the freeloader and Datel can't figure out how to get it to work again, I might just import a US Wii and sell my own one or something. =P

But let's hope it won't come to that.

Whats online in America like in UK?

I'm pretty tempted, DEFINITELY getting NMH, unsure about Brawl!! Prob gonna wait for the UK version, though I think I could prob sell US version for what I bought it for when the UK version is out. But then all the things I've un;ocked......hmmmm.......seriously, how annoying is it changing the discs? I had a cube freeloader but I also had a NTSC cube so never really used it!!!!

I'm pretty good to be honest! Aren't i ShadowV7? Aren't i???? :D

Yea he is rather good and sneaky I must say. We still need to get a 4 way match.

But if Nintendo do stop it from working, won't Datel try and work out a different way to get the freeloader to work again? And if so, can the ones who paid for one get a free update of the freeloader?

Anyway if Nintendo do block the freeloader and Datel can't figure out how to get it to work again, I might just import a US Wii and sell my own one or something. =P

Yea i'm sure they said they would send out replacements for free if it came to that.

It's alright for the moment, don't worry about it. Get Brawl quickly and play it! I'm sure Nintendo won't even bother blocking it, as Mario Kart and Wii Fit are out before US (That will stop us from Importing it, so no sales lost there) and theres nothing HUGE out till Brawl after June! So i honestly can't see the point!

Get Brawl and enjoy it! You only live once!

DazzyBee i can't answer your question about online because i haven't been able to play a online match with anyone from US, it states seeking players but it never finds anyone? I think it maybe the time i'm playing it and there all asleep or something?

Yea he is rather good and sneaky I must say. We still need to get a 4 way match.

Sneaky?! Me? You were unstoppable with that Links special move!

I'm out to be number 1. Or as close as I can get so I need to get much better and I know I can. Just might take some time.

Well your good, so you have a bloody good chance!

Do you win a character or anything for fighting a certain amount of online games? or doesn't it record anything about online?