N-Europe

Resident Evil 0 Wiimake

triforcemario

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though official details are not yet available, it is suggested that one can play the game one-handed, alluding to the possibility that Capcom may make the game more point-and-click oriented. Famitsu also does the courtesy of noting that RE4 could use the Classic controller, and so that feature may find its way into this title as well.

from kombo.com

Dunno if this has been posted already, but noticed this, interested and it would perhaps work quite well, but then you maybe couldn't move and shoot at the same time.

Okay, lets put this to rest shall we.

RE5 can't be done on the Wii for so many reasons. Firstly, graphically the Wii can't process that, even with low res models they would have to rewrite the animation system, physics engine, particle effects, lighting etc. etc.

Secondly, have you seen how many enemies come at you in RE5? From just the videos there are rooms full of enemies, i'm not talking like the max of 10 we got in RE4. RE5 will have 30 or 40 unique enemies on screen at once. The Wii simply doesn't have the CPU capable of handling so much at once and removing enemies will weaken the experience.

Another reason is disc space. The PS3 version is bound to be on a single Blu Ray disc. The 360 version is likely to be across 3 or even 4 DVD-9's. The Wii's disc format only allows for 7GB on a dual layer disc. Plus as far as we're aware the Wii's slot drive doesn't read data as fast as the 360's drive. The PS3 gets around this by throwing several gigs of data at the hard drive. But the Wii obviously can't do this.

I'm not saying its impossible, but there are too many technical hinderances that Capcom will think are pointless to even undertake.

Isn't the Wii's dual layer disk size 8.5gb, the size of Super Smash Bros Brawl. Read speed, bah makes the game loading slower but so what.

Also, 10 enemies on screen is less frantic than 40, but who is seriously going to buy the game on both formats if they follow the same plot line. The difference will not matter to those without the PS360 for comparison.

It would make sense to build the game from the RE4 engine. It's not like that is an eyesore. If anything, they could a sorta "separate ways" campaign exclusive to the Wii. That would make marketing sense. People buying into the story and setting of RE5 when its really just RE4+ (something I would not mind at all).

EDIT: Rushed post im late for uni!

RE5 can't be done on the Wii for so many reasons. Firstly, graphically the Wii can't process that, even with low res models they would have to rewrite the animation system, physics engine, particle effects, lighting etc. etc.

Secondly, have you seen how many enemies come at you in RE5? From just the videos there are rooms full of enemies, i'm not talking like the max of 10 we got in RE4. RE5 will have 30 or 40 unique enemies on screen at once. The Wii simply doesn't have the CPU capable of handling so much at once and removing enemies will weaken the experience.

Another reason is disc space. The PS3 version is bound to be on a single Blu Ray disc. The 360 version is likely to be across 3 or even 4 DVD-9's. The Wii's disc format only allows for 7GB on a dual layer disc. Plus as far as we're aware the Wii's slot drive doesn't read data as fast as the 360's drive. The PS3 gets around this by throwing several gigs of data at the hard drive. But the Wii obviously can't do this.

I'm not saying its impossible, but there are too many technical hinderances that Capcom will think are pointless to even undertake.

And yet RE4 can be done on a cellphone... Sure it wont look as good and have some hindrances, but it would be good enough.

Good post :)

Get over it people, ITS NOT ALL ABOUT THE BLOODY GRAPHICS :p

Isn't the Wii's dual layer disk size 8.5gb, the size of Super Smash Bros Brawl. Read speed, bah makes the game loading slower but so what.

Also, 10 enemies on screen is less frantic than 40, but who is seriously going to buy the game on both formats if they follow the same plot line. The difference will not matter to those without the PS360 for comparison.

It would make sense to build the game from the RE4 engine. It's not like that is an eyesore. If anything, they could a sorta "separate ways" campaign exclusive to the Wii. That would make marketing sense. People buying into the story and setting of RE5 when its really just RE4+ (something I would not mind at all).

EDIT: Rushed post im late for uni!

This is getting silly now. You think Capcom should re-make a dumbed down version of RE5 on the RE4 engine? Why on Earth would they want to do that? A whole new Wii game wouldn't cost much more and it would clock up significantly higher sales ;)

Good post :)

Get over it people, ITS NOT ALL ABOUT THE BLOODY GRAPHICS :p

This is getting silly now. You think Capcom should re-make a dumbed down version of RE5 on the RE4 engine? Why on Earth would they want to do that? A whole new Wii game wouldn't cost much more and it would clock up significantly higher sales ;)

If you read my post properly, you would see that there was more to it than this. Just to re-iterate: They could make a Resi exclusive to the Wii, that ties into the events of Resi 5.

That's what I meant by making a separate ways sorta game for the Wii. Meh another resi with the gameplay from 4 is what I and a lot of other people want so it would not make bad sense to build another game from that engine.

Give us a Resi 4.5 or something, that would make us happy. I want more Leon!

And mainly cause Resi 4 was the first Resi game I purchased and properly played and I feel in love with it...

4.5 would imply a game that was shown and said to be RE5 but being scrapped and a new RE5 being made, like RE1.5 and RE3.5

Note, i've actually got a funny feeling RE5 as it is now will turn out to be RE4.5

... just a niggling feeling

The gameplay videos we've seen weren't particularly impressive. The lighting is pretty good, but almost all of the trailer could be done on Wii with some tuning down. Most Xbox 360 games are shader heavy, and the Wii is pretty capable in that area as shown in Mario Galaxy (which ran at 60 fps while this game can easily settle on 30). The dust effects and HDR rendering and whatnot have to be replaced, but the Wii does have some eye candy compensation of that on its own. The HDR lighting can be replaced with bloom lighting, the dynamic lighting will have to be simplified, and the textures and models will have to be downgraded a bit. It'll look worse, sure, but it'll be a gorgeous Wii game. The Wii doesn't have the sheer computational power to remake the PS360 physics, but it does run a simplified version of Havoc that makes for some decent reproduction in that area too.

Remember the bridge scene with Luis? There were lots of enemies there. If they'd run the RE4 engine on Wii it could probably run 40 enemies at the same time already, and a new engine would allow it, too. To be honest, 30 to 40 unique enemies isn't too impressive for a PS360 game.
The Wii stores 8.5GB on a dual-layer drive as seen in the chipping scene, but Brawl somehow uses only 1.5 layer (probably cheaper or something). The Wii is definetely capable to view the entire disk, so it has as much storage as the 360. I don't know whether the Wii's driver is slower, but then again, it only needs to fill 88 to 104 MBs of memory, whereas the 360 has to fill more than 512, which is quite the difference. The Wii will probably have much faster loading times. Anyway, what's your source on this game's size?
I think we're talking about different things. Resident Evil 5 won't run on Wii the way it does on the PS360, but the Wii is definetely capable of representing the graphical presentation and gameplay features that are so next-gen on the PS360 in a good way on its own, whilst adding Wiimote controls. Capcom will need to make a custom engine, and will need to change the scenario (a bit or a complete side story, which is no problem as it's a different game than RE5 PS360) for it to better fit the Wii's strengths and weaknesses. I think it's all worth this, because I can personally guarantee Capcom that a game like that will sell more than 2 million units on Wii.

If we were to get a new Resident Evil on the Wii I wouldn't mind seeing the original Resident Evil 4 idea expanded upon and used for a game perhaps as a gaiden or something. Here's the youtube link for it for those that havn't seen it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDb7CLxlu4Y

I think at this stage with the Wii technology being where it is it makes sense for Capcom to go elsewhere for now in order to move the series up to the next step/level. From the early trailers it looks like it is going to be played out on a much larger scale than before...

• 3 months later...
They look like they are posing for something other than an RE game. I wanna say dating sim, but then I haven't played one so I don't really know how they pose :heh:

If it has Jill and Ada I'll buy that datting sim.

hmmmm Jill Sandwich.