N-Europe

earthquake

Haver

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon the epicenter was somewhere close to here (the midlands)

I was pretty sure a rolling wave of matter was coming my way

There are 1000 GCSE geography teachers with classes on tomorrow going nuts right now - THIS IS WHAT IT WAS LIKE AT KOBE!

lmao! Oh No! I have my boring geography A-level teacher tomorrow. He drones on and on about the dangers of the natural enviroment. Sleeping will be had.

BBC News 24: Tremors felt as far apart as Darlington in the North, and London in the South.

I'm in Norfolk, everyone in our house just felt it. Rumbling like a car was idling outside for about thirty seconds, before the house shook for about ten seconds.

Weird!

Is anyone else as impressed as I am that the USGS can have all this info up on the web almost immediatley after a quake and even identify the epicentre. Fantastic stuff.

Really could do with going to bed now though, but I want to stay awake in case there ae after shocks. Unlikely TBH, given the magnitude and the time scale, but I dont want to miss them.

Just talked to someone on the floor above, she says she hardly felt it, which is odd, because it was shaking quite a lot one floor down.
Well jayseven was in the next room and didn't feel it at all :heh: but I'm putting that down to a mix of alcohol and hiccups.