NEurope
Supergrunch

Leg crossing (in men)

I often find myself sitting with one leg crossed over the other, and have at times been lampooned for this postion, as people claim that only girls should sit like this. Indeed, some go as far as saying that it shouldn't be possible for physical reasons. Clearly anyone unable to sit like this has something fundamentally wrong with their anatomy, and I have noticed other guys in this position, though they tend to be middle aged or older.

What's your view? Are you able to sit like this, and if so do you find it comfortable?

If I tried I could sit cross legged. Would be uncomfortable though for prolonged periods.

Don't see why men shouldn't. I remember being told it was one way for women and one way for men. That's probably a story made up to make you stop asking questions as a child though.

Just to clarify (and make use of a brilliant picture), I don't mean when on the floor, I mean when in a chair, like this:

Sitting_leg_crossed.jpg

I know i'm a girl...but...

I sit like that all the time. I've damaged my hips doing it too. On a bad day i actually cant weight bear on my leg at all.. and it niggles at me every day.

Doesn't this also pose a risk to some vein problem like dvt or something?

I used to when I was little. My leg doesn't go over properly now though.

I rest my left leg ON my right leg now. In a "L" shape. If you get me.

I do it sometimes, but it tends to be unconsciously. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to sit like that if you're a guy, unless you're package is enormous. Then again, if it was that big, you'd probably be in a wheelchair anyway.

I can only do the ankle on top of my knee version, the other one is almost impossible, I have slightly arched tibia and fat legs so it squish everything in the middle.

I used to when I was little. My leg doesn't go over properly now though.

I rest my left leg ON my right leg now. In a "L" shape. If you get me.

I get you - I used to do that, and my friend once told me it looked like I wanted to have sex with myself. Didn't stop me doing it, but I don't seem to find it comfortable these days.

And I am also double jointed. Hmm, perhaps there is some kind of correlation...

You mean crossed right at the top at the thighs? I don't sit like that, for the aforementioned reason of it being only for women, I do believe it was instilled upon me growing up hence why I do not, but I shall try it now and see how it feels!

Strange, feels weird to do probably cos I never do usually(I cross my legs low down sometimes, but namely sit with my foot on opposite knee). My leg feels a bit boney somewhere that it digs into the muscle like, and mildly pinchy to my nether regions.

Yeah, just been trying it, and while not painful, my balls are quietly asking to be released. :o

I can only do the ankle on top of my knee version, the other one is almost impossible, I have slightly arched tibia and fat legs so it squish everything in the middle.

Apart from the tibia I'm the same. It will apply pressure onto parts pressure shouldn't be applied to, well not while clothed anyway.

I've never done the just ankle one. Someone I know in college does it and becuase he's like 6 foot 5 he's got lanky legs and he looks like a fool.

I often sit with my legs crossed, folded, tucked, or hugged to my chest. I'm not double jointed.

I suppose it is a little odd in that I don't know any other guys that sit like me, but on the other hand they tend to lounge around with their legs apart as if dangling for a particularly desperate catch. I know which way I prefer.

Yeah, just been trying it, and while not painful, my balls are quietly asking to be released. :o

I laughed :D

I can do it, I just don't want to.

I'm always crossing my legs, either at knee or ankle level.

I also keep my knees together.

Make of that what you will.

I sit in this position quite often, which results in many gay jibes when I'm out, but I find it comfortable and there are no problems downstairs. I can't sit normally for more than 5 minutes, unless I have something on my knees.

I always put one leg over the other, but its nothing extreme.

I just put my calf onto my other leg, its conftable and easy to do.

I think people do think to much into it, and people jump to it that you have tiny [insert word here]. But it doesn even block anything, and its no where near it.

Unless you site llike spiral legged, which is impossible lol.

[edit]

I do it because it help me sit still too, my friends get annoyed sometimes about me fidgeting all the time.

I never sit in this position. I wouldn't because I think it looks quite female and I also can't because I'd crush what's in the middle and I don't really want to do that.

I however tend to sit in a very strange position quite often. I don't know how to properly describe it. I sit on a chair both feet on the floor, then I pull one leg up under my other leg so I partially sit on that instead of the chair alone.

Sitting crossed legged like that for me as a female isn't something I like doing, I just don't find it comfortable.

I tend to sit crossed legged on the computer chairs at college (not like the picture the other crossed legged) or I place one leg under my bum, I sit in some weird positions to make myself comfy on buses too, purely because buses don't accomdate for taller people damnit...

Sitting crossed legged like that for me as a female isn't something I like doing, I just don't find it comfortable.

I tend to sit crossed legged on the computer chairs at college (not like the picture the other crossed legged) or I place one leg under my bum, I sit in some weird positions to make myself comfy on buses too, purely because buses don't accomdate for taller people damnit...

Tell me about it.

I always have to sit partially sideways on buses, as my legs get crushed against the seat in front.

I always have to sit partially sideways on buses, as my legs get crushed against the seat in front.

You can get a double seat if your legs are long enough.

You can get a double seat if your legs are long enough.

Unless some rude old bat sits next to you without asking and therefore nearly sits on your knees and bag.

I've had this happen quite often, and once had to ask a old lady to move so I could actually have some feeling in my legs, she tried to make out that I was being rude, when I stood up it shut her up.

Unfortunetly people don't take it into account and when I'm sat on the bus for an hour cramped up it really doesn't help. It always tends to be the older ladies as well..not entirely sure why..:indeed:

Unless some rude old bat sits next to you without asking and therefore nearly sits on your knees and bag.

I've had this happen quite often, and once had to ask a old lady to move so I could actually have some feeling in my legs, she tried to make out that I was being rude, when I stood up it shut her up.

Unfortunetly people don't take it into account and when I'm sat on the bus for an hour cramped up it really doesn't help. It always tends to be the older ladies as well..not entirely sure why..:indeed:

Might have something to do with where you sit on the bus, old women usually tend to sit towards the front.