N-Europe

Lost Odyssey

killer kirby

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought this was some kind of shooter before I read this thread^^'

Sounds like a good game by your posts so I just ordered it on VG+. Still haven't got my 360 and I have Blue Dragon, Katamari and Eternal Sonata on the shelf, with Viva Pinata, Forza 2 and Splinter Cell coming along with the console on Monday, Tuesday if I'm really unlucky. I planned to start with ES, but is LO a better choice?

I'm stuck again!!!!!!!

I can't seem to do spoiler tag things...

How do i defeat the guards, who want to pick the flowers on disc one?

Is that spoiling anything? lol

Just kick there arses basicly.. if you cant your just gonna have to level up a little.

I'm stuck again!!!!!!!

I can't seem to do spoiler tag things...

How do i defeat the guards, who want to pick the flowers on disc one?

Is that spoiling anything? lol

What level are you at? I'm at level 18 and I just attacked them normally with Kaim and Seth and cast Prism/healing spells with Jansen and killed them easily.

What level are you at? I'm at level 18 and I just attacked them normally with Kaim and Seth and cast Prism/healing spells with Jansen and killed them easily.

Level 17! Do you know exactly what you did in what order?

I can't seem to get random battles in that area, too level up!

You can also go the Crimson Forest to level up a bit before hand, it turns out I was actually at level 19 when I did it, and it went something like this...

Kaim: Attack foot soldier A

Seth: Attack foot soldier A (should now be dead)

Jansen: Cast Prism

Kaim: Attack foot soldier B

Seth: Attack foot soldier C

Jansen: Use Prism

Soldiers B and C should now be dead and the horsemen weakened

After that I just focused on one horseman at a time, I had to use an Angel Plume at one point as well after Seth was charged twice in the same go.

You can also go the Crimson Forest to level up a bit before hand, it turns out I was actually at level 19 when I did it, and it went something like this...

Kaim: Attack foot soldier A

Seth: Attack foot soldier A (should now be dead)

Jansen: Cast Prism

Kaim: Attack foot soldier B

Seth: Attack foot soldier C

Jansen: Use Prism

Soldiers B and C should now be dead and the horsemen weakened

After that I just focused on one horseman at a time, I had to use an Angel Plume at one point as well after Seth was charged twice in the same go.

Cool! Thanks!

GAH!!

Got past the snakes and the army dudes after, only for a disc read error before i got to a save point!! grrrrrrr . . .

Did it happened in the prison cells? That's were I got a disc error.

Fire Emblem didn't keep my interested very long so I figured I should give this one a try. Only after a couple of hours I could easily say this is much better than Fire Emblem or any rpg I have played in a very long time. The story, the art, the voice acting, the cast = perfect. I'm on disc two and played for 22 hours and probably starting on the last dungeon on the disc based on what you say about 10 hours a disc. My favourite dream is Upstreamers, but A Hero's Return is great too. Are some more I enjoyed but I don't remember the names.

Completed the game today after 73 hours and 24 minutes with 960(of 1000) gamerpoints.

How many disc errors?

Thinking of trying to RROD my 360 cos of disc read errors in this, DMC4, Oblivion, OB, and blue dragon . . .

• 3 months later...

I tell you what is annoying me at the moment about this game and that is the LACK of random battles.

When playing a traditional JRPG I usually like to grind my levels whenever possible but it takes ages to get into a fight in this game. Do the enemies come more frequently later in the game or does is stay at this pace?

I tell you what is annoying me at the moment about this game and that is the LACK of random battles.

When playing a traditional JRPG I usually like to grind my levels whenever possible but it takes ages to get into a fight in this game. Do the enemies come more frequently later in the game or does is stay at this pace?

You sick, sick man.

Whats the deal with not being able to level up in this game? I knew I was heading for a boss battle so I thought I would hang around and get some exp to level up. I got into a battle and at the end of the fight I pretty much got sod all when it came to experience points. Is there a level cap for each area or something?

Jansen is still hilarious!

I've just started playing this and wondering does the tone ever lighten up, I'm finding the story difficult to get into because it's lacking emotion and well, fun, so far. I hope it picks up.

I just want something like FF9 again :D

I really struggled with the 1st disc as nothing much happens but the story picks up pace on the 2nd disc.

What I really like is how the kids in the game, Mack and Cooke, arent the main heroes. Too many JRPGs have the kids battle to save the world while the adults step back. Its nice to see the kids acting like kids, getting scared and upset at various times during the game, makes a nice change. :)

I traded this is. It wallows in far too many genre clichés to warrant interest in the protagonists admittedly interesting plight. I found most of the supporting cast to be so teeth grindingly annoying that I wanted to hunt down those responsible and kneecap them.

the art was good, as was some of the writing (the dreams, really. the rest was less good) but the world felt sterile, lobbed together and boring.