N-Europe

US Presidential Race Official Discussion.

Caris

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno if i like Obama or not, mixed minds.

Give him 10 years, a seat on a decent committee and maybe even a place on Clinton's ticket (though that's probably going to Edwards) and he'll look better to me.

Does it have to be one Democrat and one Republican for finals?

There can also be independents running, but so that the votes of the respective parties are not split they settle on one candidate to run.

There can also be independents running, but so that the votes of the respective parties are not split they settle on one candidate to run.

I'm not sure how this works, can't there be 2 democrats and no republican?

Its a shame if Obama doesn't win, he's taking crap for having no experience when all Clinton has is a tainted marriage she endures for political reasons.

I'm not sure how this works, can't there be 2 democrats and no republican?

Technically yes, but it wouldn't happen. The Democrats as a party would not risk splitting the votes they get by endorsing two candidates. Now one of the candidates cold run as an independent, but he would do it without the backing of a major party, a tactically bad move. Also the only way the Republicans would ever not endorse a candidate is if they folded.

Right now they're having presidential primaries, registered voters( I don't know how they pick them) in multiple states vote for their favorite candidates on the republican and democratic sides. Based on that, each candidate is assigned a number of delegates. The candidate with the most delegates at the end of the primaries wins the nomination (This is decided by april if memory serves). Then the winning candidates on either side start campaigning for their party.

Obama took the lead yesterday during Super Tuesday where 22 states vote.

Obama > The Clintons

As they have already had two terms in, well he has and I think its just a sneaky way round them getting back in for a third term.

Plus I think having a black person as president would be a much better role model for people than a female.

________

Iolite vaporizers

Edited by fex

Right now they're having presidential primaries, registered voters( I don't know how they pick them) in multiple states vote for their favorite candidates on the republican and democratic sides. Based on that, each candidate is assigned a number of delegates. The candidate with the most delegates at the end of the primaries wins the nomination (This is decided by april if memory serves). Then the winning candidates on either side start campaigning for their party.

Obama took the lead yesterday during Super Tuesday where 22 states vote.

But he's estimated to be a few delegates behind when it's all over, as far as I know.

So basically, its between a woman who wants to seriously legislate video games in America and is ANNOYING AS FUCK.

Or an Evangalist moron.

Oh god... if Obama doesn't win this its going to be another dark 4 years.

I prefer Obama, he seems like a good chnace to break this cycle of American political dynasties. Also he seems most likely to take some kind of action on climate change and has promised a much more diplomatic approach with Iran. Hillary is OK, and McCain is the best Republican candidate for me. He's anti-torture at least. Out of all the candidates I was hoping for Edwards though.

Here's a handy guide to all the candidate's views on the big issues.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/elections/us/08/issues/html/democrats.stm

Sup'.

I thought we should have a thread on this as it's quite a big deal. I think Hillary Clinton won California today which is a blow for Obama. I'm not sure what to write here so just...

Discuss.

But Obama won more states. I'm not too sure about the exact no. of delegates for each candidate, but I don't think the Democrat nomination has been won yet.

Give him 10 years, a seat on a decent committee and maybe even a place on Clinton's ticket (though that's probably going to Edwards) and he'll look better to me.

Eh. I don't really buy the experience thing against Obama. Clinton didn't really have much experience, but he turned out to be OK.

Its a shame if Obama doesn't win, he's taking crap for having no experience when all Clinton has is a tainted marriage she endures for political reasons.

...she's a senator.

Anyway, I'm personally supporting Obama. I'm definitely hoping Clinton does not get the nomination; not because I don't like her (even though I don't like her), but Republicans have been training for 12 years on defeating Clinton if she runs for president. The Republican candidate would annihilate her, and I don't really want another Republican president in the US.

Clinton and Obama would be funny just cause they are a woman and black respectively. Well not funny, but ground breaking.

I think I prefer Obama actually politically, but i'm over it.

Clinton got the Hispanic swing vote yesterday, which is THE vote to get nowadays, as it is so vital to cementing a win.

So basically, its between a woman who wants to seriously legislate video games in America and is ANNOYING AS FUCK.

I thought she just wants to do the same thing that the BBFC do - make it illegal to sell games to underage people.

Obama, for his views on climate change, and being more aggressive in wanting to find clean energy's etc needs to win. Also, clinton seems to mention "I'm not afraid of military action" etc alot, which worries me a little, whereas Obama seems set of sorting things out without the needs for wars and in turn innocent people dying.

Clinton will win though, there's no doubt about it in my mind. If they end up with a Republican President, well, the worlds screwed.