N-Europe

Music Videos

Slaggis

Decided to make the thread after having a great conversation with Coolness on msn!

Music Video's are awesome, or at least they can be when done well. I can find a song kind of "meh" and then see the video and end up loving it!

What are some of your favourites, whether you like them because of the style, how fun they are, or how generally awesome they are?

Mine, at the moment at least are:

Way to Go (Rogue Traders) - Sexy teacher, lots of stripping, enough said! :p (There's also 2 versions of the video, the other is also awesome and completely different to this)

D.A.N.C.E (Justice) - Fantastic!

Don't You Wanna Feel (Rogue Traders) - Mental Institute, Strange sexy floating woman

It's Oh So Quiet (Bjork) - Utterly crazy, and goes fantasically well with the song

Bollocks to this new age shit, although I will appreciate abit of the Izzy when I check out that Rogue Traders video [j00 have her in your sig and you insult her by spelling it wrong?! SHAME ON j00!]

The people want A-Ha and Peter Gabriel.

Take On Me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMWXyEHoN88

Sledgehammer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqyc37aOqT0

It's Oh So Quiet (Bjork) - Utterly crazy, and goes fantasically well with the song

It's Oh So Quiet is probably one of her worst videos.

But it's still great.

Pagan Poetry is her greatest video, and perhaos THE greatest video I've ever seen. The imagery and simplicity, and the veiled, liquified sex scenes just add together to create art of an amazing quality. The final half is just so intense. Very emotionally raw. It's like a passionate suspense.

Not work safe, she's half nude, and the video features self-harm to an extent, and censored sex scenes.

I also love Way To Go by RT, but had never seen the vid.

It's Oh So Quiet is probably one of her worst videos.

But it's still great.

Pagan Poetry is her greatest video, and perhaos THE greatest video I've ever seen. The imagery and simplicity, and the veiled, liquified sex scenes just add together to create art of an amazing quality. The final half is just so intense. Very emotionally raw. It's like a passionate suspense.

Not work safe, she's half nude, and the video features self-harm to an extent, and censored sex scenes.

I also love Way To Go by RT, but had never seen the vid.

Wow, that video's amazing! I'd never seen it before, she can express emotion incredibly well.

Also, there's another version of the "Way To Go" video, it's completely different and was used in the UK for the single. Link

I didn't used to be keen on Triumph of a Heart (or Medulla for that matter) but it has really grown on me and I love the video for it. I still not keen of the bit in the middle, I don't think it adds to the song at all but it is still a great song just the album version is better.

I didn't used to be keen on Triumph of a Heart (or Medulla for that matter) but it has really grown on me and I love the video for it. I still not keen of the bit in the middle, I don't think it adds to the song at all but it is still a great song just the album version is better.

I love.

I laugh at that video every time. It's just so random, like a cat-sex. lol.

Apparently the bit where she falls over wasn't scripted, and she actually fell over and cut her head really badly, but they just kept it in.

I had heard she had actually hit her head during the filming and then they got a stunt double to do the fall. So she didn't actually need makeup on her head to make it look real because it was...

Well that is what my friend told me but it dosn't really matter anway.

triumph_fall.gif

It still looks incredibly painful :heh:

Bjork has some damn good videos, mostly care of Michel Gondry, but Cunningham's one for "All Is Full Of Love" is fantastic too. Best one of her's is probably "Hyperballad".

Otherwise the video for Liars "Plastercasts Of Everything" is brilliant, "Around The World" by Daft Punk, Andreas Nilson's video for "Silent Shout" by The Knife. "Drop" by Pharcyde.

And an honourable mention

doing their best Dad dancing.