Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (100% Spoiler-Free Topic)

Tellyn

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pre-order was placed with Game this morning. Cutting it a bit fine, but it SHOULD arrive friday :hmm:

Even if it doesn't, my Year 11 leavers do is tomorrow night 6-11pm, followed by a party at someone else's house that is likely to last untill early friday morning. So I would cure my grief with sleep.

Does Game still offer the cover sleeve? I don't see any sign of it on their site :(

mines coming from play. hopefull, friday morning will see the game sat daintily on the doormat.

what a way to mark my first day home, takes the sting out of the end of 3 years at uni.

It will be back when you realise now you have to go out and get a job.

Guest Maase

GAME rulls!!!

I put my Pre-Order yesterday, and today at 8:00, it was already Processed LOL

I should receive it in 3-5 days, can't wait ^^

Guest Captain Falcon

I had a confirmation email this morning shortly after 9 from Gameplay saying it had been sent.

I've got a question if you don't mind. I know it's slightly off topic but I joined the forums (after several years of of lurking) so I could find people to play this online with so here goes -

Since I've never played a Wii game online before, is it just a case of swapping the particular games friend code with someone or do you need to swap Wii codes as well?

Do you think that on friday morning, if I go into GAME, they will have some waiting on the shelves....or will they only be giving out to pre-ordered people?

What time does GAME open on fridays btw?

Thanx

I had a confirmation email this morning shortly after 9 from Gameplay saying it had been sent.

I've got a question if you don't mind. I know it's slightly off topic but I joined the forums (after several years of of lurking) so I could find people to play this online with so here goes -

Since I've never played a Wii game online before, is it just a case of swapping the particular games friend code with someone or do you need to swap Wii codes as well?

Hey, welcome to the forums. ^___^

It is just a case of swapping the particular games friend code. The Wii codes aren't needed. :)

With only a few days to go I'm now SUPER HYPED for this game. :yay: I wasn't at all prior to this and even contemplated getting another game. :o

But I can't go with out Smash Bros any longer. :D

Do you think that on friday morning, if I go into GAME, they will have some waiting on the shelves....or will they only be giving out to pre-ordered people?

What time does GAME open on fridays btw?

Thanx

They should do. :)

I do this all the time and they always have copies for me (well my mum because I'm at school :p) To pick up!!!

I'll be doing exactly the same this friday and if you go early enough they'll have the game, they don't just give it to the people who pre ordered.

Where I live GAME Opens at 9! (though my mum got it to open at 8:30 :heh:)

My copy was despatched from gameplay just before 9 this morning so should be playing it tomorrow! : peace:

Now that the PAL release is finally out could someone please sift through the 30 odd pages of the smash brothers online meet thread and make a list on page one of friend codes? (like the mario Kart friend codes thread) or make a new thread with all friend codes listed?

I would do it myself but am already keeping friend codes up to date in other threads and times up to date in the NE Mario Kart time trial thread.

Perhaps a staff member should do this for the good of all n-europe users. I would but (1) I'm not a staff member and (2) I cant be arsed!

Guest Captain Falcon

Thanks for clearing that up Bears.

Regarding the whole hype thing, I was like that when GTA was being hyped up in the weeks prior to it's release. I couldn't have cared less and had no intention of buying it but then I saw the advert on TV (well, that and the EDGE feature) for it and got completely swept up with it. And I'm glad I got it.

Whilst I am looking forward to this, I'm not getting too carried away. I really enjoyed the N64 version but I always felt something was strange with Melee. I think the characters seemed a noticeable bit light and the gameplay felt different as a result - something I never quite got used to.

I have never been a fan of the series but for some reason I have recently felt compelled to give this franchise another chance.

Was dispatched earlier this morning from Game so let's hope that the thing finally clicks for me.

Also hoping that I can successfully use my Freeloader on it to bypass any potentially damaging updates.

I got my PAL copy through the post this morning! :D Only had about an hour on it so far, and I'm trying to unlock everything I unlocked in the US version as quickly as possible. First stop: Speedrunning the Subspace Emissary to get all the characters.