N-Europe

Star Wars Unleashed a little less

blender

I always said 1:1 was impossible, specially in lightsaber games. No gamer has sword like reflexes much less Jedi. Unless you wanted the other Jedi to fight like retarded babies holding a 100ton wooden bar and that everytime you wanted to deflect laser shots you would have to play in slo mo

I always said 1:1 was impossible, specially in lightsaber games. No gamer has sword like reflexes much less Jedi. Unless you wanted the other Jedi to fight like retarded babies holding a 100ton wooden bar and that everytime you wanted to deflect laser shots you would have to play in slo mo

I agree, it was never going to work. Even if it did, it wouldn't be very playable, unless (as you say) the other person really was a Jedi.

I'll have to wait and see how this turns out.

1:1 controls would be very possible, however, only in first person. From a third person perspective, it would be too difficult to judge how the character's holding the sword, and what its position is in comparasint with what it's supposed to hit.

And including it in a starwars game would be very demanding against the player, since then you would actually have to do what a person who can see the future and defy the laws of physics can do.

I'll have to wait and see how this turns out.

1:1 controls would be very possible, however, only in first person. From a third person perspective, it would be too difficult to judge how the character's holding the sword, and what its position is in comparasint with what it's supposed to hit.

And including it in a starwars game would be very demanding against the player, since then you would actually have to do what a person who can see the future and defy the laws of physics can do.

Which would make 1:1 very impossible.

Pure 1:1 controls will never work with sword fighting. Sure, you can mimick the moves, that's possible, but it's not possible to take into account the enemies reactions. What do you do when your swords / lightsabres etc clash? You're remote swings all the way, while on screen your sword will have bounced off. So it's impossible to have your moves sync with your character moves all the time. You'll always have limitations. One solution (in my mind) could be to require the player to press a button (probably 'A'), when swinging your sword. When on screen the swords clash, you'd have to release the button and press it again to resync your stance with your character's, in other words the character on screen will animate for a few frames to get in the same position as you are (well hold the sword the same way you do at least). I'm not sure if I'm explaining this very well. Rumble could (/should) be used to not only simulate the swords clashing, but at the same time indicate to the player the need to resync with your character.

Anyway, that's how I'd like to see it.

No PC release, but Havok is totally doable on Wii. I'm not saying this theoritically, Wii really supports Havok and there are lots of games that already have it. And IGN said the physics were pretty good.

I might be wrong but I seem to remember the version of Havoc that the Wii was mentioned to support wasn't the latest and also, even if it does support the engine, the Wii might not be able to process the amount of physics information that the game is pumping out.

The Wii supports Havok beyond the version originally used in Half-Life 2, and seeing the Xbox running it, we're not going to have bad physics.

EDIT: The source code comes with the Havok engine, so it's pretty much cross-platform in all versions.

looks like its going to be quantity versus quality

“On the Wii we have places where the story veers off and we go and explore something, take the game in a different direction, like the Jedi Temple level. There are five levels that aren’t in the PS3 and 360 versions.” - Ed Tucker of Krome Studios

(Stolen from gonintendo)