N-Europe

Singleness!

nightwolf

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Singledom rules - tho not as much as when you're with someone :D

Fuck off. You cant say the first statement followed by the second, its a complete contradiction.

Tonight reconfirmed my desire to be single. My housemate and our lodger pulled some girls they had a few weeks ago and I dunno, it seemed so meh. Its like they've (or at least one of them) have gone from 0-relationship in sixty seconds. Its like whats the point? Wheres the fun? Im just trying my best to annoy them. They were making out in the living room and I just shouted "By the way, that sound offends me, if you plan on doing that please leave my house."

I just honestly see no appeal in it all.

Fuck off. You cant say the first statement followed by the second, its a complete contradiction.

Exactly how is it a contradiction? Neither part of my sentence contradicts the other??

If I said something like banana's are awesome - tho not as much as oranges, is that a contradiction? I think not.

Exactly how is it a contradiction? Neither part of my sentence contradicts the other??

If I said something like banana's are awesome - tho not as much as oranges, is that a contradiction? I think not.

"Singledom rules" implies being alone is best. "But not when you're in relationship" implies being in a relationship is best.

I dunno. Maybe im just bitter because I've been expelled from the living room while my friend has sex on our sofa.

Eww no. Shes gone now and I just heard every little detail which is always nice.

Oh and I walked in on them going at it again. I was like "I have pizza in the oven and I left you like two minutes ago!" Not impressed.

But seriously. My friends seem to jump from hi-to-engagement in sixty seconds. Weird people.

Oh and I walked in on them going at it again. I was like "I have pizza in the oven and I left you like two minutes ago!" Not impressed.

The only way to react in that situation is to ignore them entirely. Just walk in, wait for your pizza, and then stand there and eat it. Assert your dominance over the space. It's only sex after all, let them be ashamed about it.

I go with Gaggle Ash. I mean your flat mate does have a fucking bedroom doesnt he? Guy sounds like a prick. I wouldn't bother trying to understand why he does what he does (although its probably him trying to feel manly by having lots of "exotic" sex with random strangers).

I'd take it one step further. I'd go sit down in the living room. Turn the TV on and then turn up the volume until it drowns out their noise. Then sit there enjoying something very un sexy like house hunt.

Eww no. Shes gone now and I just heard every little detail which is always nice.

But seriously. My friends seem to jump from hi-to-engagement in sixty seconds. Weird people.

Personally I would have sat on the floor next to them, switched on the tv and ate pizza. Dirty little scrubbers, there's this thing called a bedroom or outside. :heh:

I go with Gaggle Ash. I mean your flat mate does have a fucking bedroom doesnt he? Guy sounds like a prick. I wouldn't bother trying to understand why he does what he does (although its probably him trying to feel manly by having lots of "exotic" sex with random strangers).

I'd take it one step further. I'd go sit down in the living room. Turn the TV on and then turn up the volume until it drowns out their noise. Then sit there enjoying something very un sexy like house hunt.

No he doesn't. He did a semester abroad last semester and accomodation are fucking him around and has yet to be given a place which he was promised, so he's been sleeping on our floor.

It was more of a 'don't come in!' and they got dressed. My room is opposite so I just went in there and took my coat off and stuff.

I was more offended by the fact he said hes changed into a new man and he seems to want to start a relationship with the girl who was meant to be a one night stand. But ah well eh?

(ps does house hunt play at 4am?)

or outside. :heh:

O_____________o hahahah! nightwolf~ high five!

No he doesn't. He did a semester abroad last semester and accomodation are fucking him around and has yet to be given a place which he was promised, so he's been sleeping on our floor.

It was more of a 'don't come in!' and they got dressed. My room is opposite so I just went in there and took my coat off and stuff.

I was more offended by the fact he said hes changed into a new man and he seems to want to start a relationship with the girl who was meant to be a one night stand. But ah well eh?

(ps does house hunt play at 4am?)

ok firstly: what the fuck is wrong with house hunt?! :angry:

also~ ash, the way you said it i imagined them both unflinchingly carrying on regardless of you at this 8pm time slot you mentioned - if he has no bedroom maybe suggest a "tie on the door" signal kind of thing... i agree it's no fair on you to have been stuck in that situation, but the poor guy needs some privacy too (why on earth did you need the living room in your pizza making process at 4am?? O__o)

and why would you be offended by him wanting to start a relationship? it's his life - don't worry yourself about it ^__^

Nothing (well maybe...I've never watched it. I was just curious if they show it at 4am).

When did I say it was 8pm?

And the kitchen is connected to the living room (as is the bathroom), need to go through it to go to the others.

Monogomy offends me :p

Well no, but the idiotic relationship cult offends me as I always get stuck high and dry and look down upon because of their decision. Im just cautious. All my friends in my home town abandoned me for their partners and I don't want it happening again (although granted, its going to be happening more as I grow up). I don't mind couples as long as they remain individuals, but more often than not I've seen people lose their own self of identity because they are in a relationship.

It all stems from my own tendency to be stubbornly independent. I thrive on being able to fully sustain myself and when people talk about how they need someone and how their partner makes them complete I feel like telling them then they were a waste of space before, if you're nobody until you have somebody you may as well continue to be nobody.

(ie bitter misanthrope here :P)

Worst day of the year:

VALENTINES DAY

lol. xD

Yes, because it overshadows my birthday which is clearly more important :p

ah, i know you didnt say it was 8pm - you mentioned vodka making you go to sleep about then so i just pictured it happening at 8pm...

aww that sucks that you have to go through to get to the kitchen... the poor guy!! why dont you give him your room and YOU sleep on the floor if you wanna make pizza at 4am :grin:oh i'm kidding, i'm kidding!

i dont think being in a relationship means you arent independent at all ~ honestly NEEDING someone else just seems unhealthy... like me, i know i'm not needed -- but i like being wanted ^__^

No I agree. Theres a few couples who I love and I think are perfect and I'm so happy for them. And then theres those who are inseperable because if they were seperated the world would explore (in their minds). Its just stupid.

(and I mentioned vodka redbulls making me not go to sleep :p)

valentines day is stupid. Last year my ex- kept saying "buy me a roooose!" But I didn't. Why? Because every girl out there was given a rose. What's so special about that? It's symbolic only in saying "I adhere to the routine banalities that society tells me to do". I gave her a rose about a month later and she did admit that it was way more special that it would've been on V-day.

This'll be my first valentines alone for a couple of years, but I don't think it'll be much of a problem! Just stay in watching TV. Or maybe go out and try and take advantage of any promotional drinks offers or something.

I had a nice night in with some of my ladyfriends last night, and we just watched Torchwood, had a curry and talked. After that, I had a pretty good nights sleep, so I woke up with a spring in my step.

The first thing my housemates asked me was "did you have sex last night?"

Hah, no. :(

It's been a long time since I've truely been intimate with somebody. I've kissed girls and done many naughty things, but it's never really given me that warm fuzzy feeling. I wouldn't say I'm either happy or sad, just that little middleground where everything "s'alright."

Need some romance I think.

Ah jayseven someone once bought me a lily for valentines day, now before everyone starts blabbering on about death flowers. They are my favourites and it was the nicest thing to know someone knew that.

Didn't want anything else ^.^ it was great.

Aww, link don't worry so much. I'm sure your loverly and will find somebody ^.^

I wouldn't say I'm either happy or sad, just that little middleground where everything "s'alright."

Don't worry, this is a common side effect of watching Torchwood.

I share Ashley's annoyance with shopping list coupling. By that I mean those times when people say, "I really need a girl-/boyfriend," and so latch on to the next person they meet out of some sense of requirement. Boil-in-the-bag relationships go against everything I stand for.