NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

Tips for Losing Weight

The best way to lose weight is to excersize. In the Summer the recommended was 20 minutes hard excersize (heart rate in your training zone) 3 times a week. So that's probably about half an hour in total, 5 minutes to get up to your training zone and then a few minutes to cool down at the end (walking instead of running), don't bend over at the end of a run or something as it's not good for you, just walk for a few minutes.

Eating 3 meals a day is good! As long as they're healthy meals.

Don't snack in between meals.

Set out when you're going to eat each day and when you do eat make sure you're full by the end of the meal. This will give you energy to go out and do excersize (make sure you wait 30 minutes at least before going out),

Anything other type of walking than hillwalking (and even that isn't the best) won't get your heart into the training zone. The best way to do it is go to a gym which has heart rate monitors attached to all the equipment and will tell you when you're in it and how long you've been in it etc.

I've put on a whole bunch of weight -- i'm the heaviest I've EVER been, weighing in at a few pounds over 11 stone. Mostly due to the increase in booze - I was thinking of for a start switching from cider to spirits to try and reduce calories.

Just going to cut down on meal portions -- my stomach's shrunk a bit since I came home for xmas for some reason. When it's summertime I'm usually a lot more active anyway, and I hate the idea of jogging, firstly because I don't haev running shoes, nor jogging attire, and secondly because ALL THE PEOPLE CAN SEE YOU!! In brighton it's alright, because you can just go to the seafront where lots of far uglier, fatter people are running way slower, but in the centre of sheffield... well it just appears silly to me.

Also I think my lack of sex has made a massive difference to the amount of exercise I do :( Any 16-24/f/sheffield? I r wizard, feel mai staff? Rhino? No? Damn.

Guess I should start walking the dog a bit more. Or to be more precise, let her walk me around.

Works well, I lost a stone and a half by walking my dog 5 miles a day over a couple of months.

I just cut the crap out of my diet and do more physical exercise and only eat 3 meals a day

So that is no chocolate, sweets or any other cruddy foods. As for beer, it doesn;t put weight on me so that can stay i think.

Run, seriously it's awesome. It's stress relief, helps you sleep, great for your skin, and makes you feel great. I'm a run-aholic :D

Music, music when exercising makes it a whole lot easier than doing it in silence.

Also walk somewhere you actually enjoy.

Music, music when exercising makes it a whole lot easier than doing it in silence.

Also walk somewhere you actually enjoy.

I did that the other day! :) I walked to the shops. :heh: Bought some sweets! (defeats the whole purpose of the walk...)

I was walking home when i decided to put on my MP3 Player and dance the rest of the way, down the hill to my house. Now i can't dance to save my life so if anyone was watching i must have looked really weird as it was me making unusual waving motions and other odd gestures. :D

Also I think my lack of sex has made a massive difference to the amount of exercise I do :( Any 16-24/f/sheffield? I r wizard, feel mai staff? Rhino? No? Damn.

haha that makes me chuckle. I'll hopefully be at sheffield hallam next year :heh:

Bears buy yourself a dance mat, they are so dirt cheap these days that it makes abit of difference to your exercise take in.

Don't drink alcohol or sugary carbonated drinks.

Get into a routine of exercise, such as going swimming on the same day every week, preferably with someone else so they can keep you in check.

Similarly, find a form of exercise that you enjoy or that is at least convenient, such as biking to work/school every day.

Set yourself simple targets, from beating your previous quickest walking time to only stepping on every other flagstone.

Indicate one way but turn the other.

haha that makes me chuckle. I'll hopefully be at sheffield hallam next year :heh:

Bears buy yourself a dance mat, they are so dirt cheap these days that it makes abit of difference to your exercise take in.

Hehe, cool i probably need real exercise as well but a dancemat sounds WAAAAAY more fun! :D

I really should buy a dancemat so i can keep the embaressment within my home! :grin:

I think me dancing is not want people to see. :shakehead

Or is it....? :heh:

Start to eat smaller portions, don't try and see your plate as a challenge you don't need to eat everything on there.

Instead of eating a bag of sweets, grab a bowl of grapes/cut up melon and snack on that.

Get yourself active, this doesn't have to mean going to the gym, walk to the shop, take the stairs instead of the lift, go for a brisk walk/jog. There are many small changes you can make, and they don't have to be boring.

Oh and give the finger to McDonalds.

________

WEED VAPORIZERS

Edited by fex

Start to eat smaller portions, don't try and see your plate as a challenge you don't need to eat everything on there.

Using smaller plates is also a good idea.

I I lose more weight I'll turn into a black hole.

Must...not...be...physics...pedant...arghhhhhhhhhh!!

Ok, I'll keep it nice and short - black holes have very little volume (although not relative to their size). However, due to their density, and the fact they have the mass of a large star, means their weight, or rather the weight of bodies within their gravitational field, is truly phenomenal.

Ok, I'll keep it nice and short - black holes have very little volume (although not relative to their size). However, due to their density, and the fact they have the mass of a large star, means their weight, or rather the weight of bodies within their gravitational field, is truly phenomenal.

I know that. I mean it, I really know it.

I know that. I mean it, I really know it.

I thought you would have, it's just any distraction from maths revision has to be taken... :heh:

Must...not...be...English...pedant...

The kind of black hole that Hellfire was referring to may well have been subject relative, and was most likely a metaphor for a person who has such a low weight that they are practically non-existant, or negative space. His comparison probably related to peoples' perception of the concept of a black-hole, rather than imagining he would actually turn into a collapsed star and annihilate our entire planet. It's called poetic license.

Must...not...be...English...pedant...

The kind of black hole that Hellfire was referring to may well have been subject relative, and was most likely a metaphor for a person who has such a low weight that they are practically non-existant, or negative space. His comparison probably related to peoples' perception of the concept of a black-hole, rather than imagining he would actually turn into a collapsed star and annihilate our entire planet. It's called poetic license.

zing

As for weight loss, I've been with Fitness First for about a year and what waste of money lol. I just can't find the time to get into a good regime, although I've very slowly lost about half a stone over the year so it's not all bad.

2008 will be different I keep telling myself.

I'm not fat, I'm just heavy, which is strange. I put on half a stone over December so I need to sort that out...

Cutting meat out of your diet might not be so ideal. Unless you're replacing the proteins lost by not consuming meat (like beans), you're probably not consuming as much proteins as you should...Protein aids your metabolism so in theory protein (chicken, fish, beef etc) may be beneficial to your weight loss plans. A lack of protein will also sap away muscle tone, and basically will not promote growth in your body.

I done something similar though; Don't take any meat apart from fish due to its low fat. If you guys need some serious assistance try this site: http://www.maximuscle.com - They have a fat burner called Thermobol which I used in the past for a month and saw clear results.

When I did it, I would eat like tops 800-1000 calories a day and exercising as much as possible. The key is not to sit still for too long, because if you're inactive, your body can just shift the metabolism to enable it to cope with the lack of food you're eating, if you're moving around, the body has no choice but to keep it's metabolism up.

When I did it, I would eat like tops 800-1000 calories a day and exercising as much as possible. The key is not to sit still for too long, because if you're inactive, your body can just shift the metabolism to enable it to cope with the lack of food you're eating, if you're moving around, the body has no choice but to keep it's metabolism up.

now I can't agree with that, a healthy diet means eating enough calories each day.

For women thats 2000 for men it's 2500, just because its more calories doesn't mean it has to be all bad.

On another note, eating 5 small porpotions of food over the whole day can be better for some than eating 3 large meals.

I think I'll just have to start playing wii sports or something.

Me and Shorty go to Hallam, it's not a bad uni. What course are you doing?