NEurope
fex

Your Job & Your Dream Job

What job are you doing at present? Do you enjoy it?

What is your dream job? (realistically what you would like to do) How will you get to that job? Training, moving away etc.

At the minute I am working at Woolworths after finishing Uni in May. I have had a lazy summer, but now I feel its time to get my arse in gear to find a career.

Ideally I would like to have a creative job within the media, something to do with design and film (not exactly sure precisely what) Having no work experience I'm struggling to find a job. I will look for work experience, but this will mean moving away as theres nothing around the Scunthorpe area.

________

LovelyWendie99

Edited by fex

i work in barratts - how i detest thee..

i would like to do something in the media - like work behind the scenes of a tv show or something

my dream job would be owning my own shoe shop (never happen).. a girl can dream :heart:

Working in a call centre for district nurses... I know the job absolutely in and out, and know most of the phone numbers of the people that ring, without even having to ask.

Its good being in that sort of comfort zone where you know what your doing, and rarely something unexpected happens ^_^

Don't have massive hopes or aims for a job...more money would be nice, but along with that comes a tonne of responsibilities and stress.

i work in barratts - how i detest thee..

i would like to do something in the media - like work behind the scenes of a tv show or something

my dream job would be owning my own shoe shop (never happen).. a girl can dream :heart:

Just take barrats hostage (if you can take a shop hostage :heh:) and then paint over the sign! With:

MBAM's Sparkly Shoe Store...

Or a much better name of your choice! :D

Oh and my I don't have a Job! but my dream job would to be a journalist maybe...?

I'd have to think that one through! :)

I'm currently an N-Europe journalist. :heh: I love my job too, as I love the site. But my dream job would be either a games designer or something in the film industry. :)

Great thread!

I work for Halifax Bank of Scotland, in their financial services department. Deal with pensions, investments and life assurance.

My dream job is to write comic books! Id also love to be a LEGO designer.

I work on an IT helpdesk, I like the place its a good company to work for great co-workers etc. It's very boring though and the 50 mins travel each way is starting to fuck me off. Still its only until September.

In an ideal world I would love to be a film director but that wont happen. Quite seriously looking at doing some exams and doing freelance SQL Server work in London after my friend let slip some of the people he works with get £300 a day, yes a day for maintaing company databases. Sounds like a good job tbh, if you're good enough you can work for 6 months earn 40 grand then take 6 months off. I want in on that action basicaly.

My current job is definatly not my dream job; assistant manager at Game. Its alright. But not really the ideal job for a uni student as its just a lot of un-needed stress, when in fact I need funsies times. Leaving it soon...maybe. Thinking of becoming a Saturday kid again, just to earn some money. But dunno if I'd like to take orders off some newb.

My dream job...I dunno. Probably showrunner but I dunno if I can, as in I have the actual ability or drive. I always say my backup job is lecturer as media comes easily to me (would wish to lecturer in TV) and I do find it interesting.

Weapons engineer in the royal navy. Love my job. Just want to get promoted as soon as i can. Would like to get my commission on day and become an officer. Would aslo like to gain my green beret at some point in my career.

I'm a student, but my dream job is to gazillionaire, so I only work if I want to.

I don't have a job at the mo as i'm doing my A levels.

My dream job would be to be to join the Navy/RAF as a helicopter pilot. Although this dream is abit out of reach seeing as i have both asthma and shit vision.

So my new one would be to do something with the sea, i don't know what it is yet, but something on the coast.

I am unemployed, my dream job is being unemployed with lots of money.

I'm living this guys dream job.

I invent some revolutionary product that sets me up for life, millions it makes me! Then i devote the life i would noramlly have working, to charity and videogames :p

Otherwise i'll probably have a job in IT of some sort, seing as it's what i'm best at, that or medicine.

Window Cleaner and Admin for famliy buisness.

Dream Job? Freelance Japanese to English translator.

I'm unemployed unless you count the odd job for my dad's business.

I'd like to get into graphics of some sort.

I'm 15, I don't have a job...noob.

I want to make it in Theatre land, woop.

I'm still thinking of a backup plan, bare with me :)

My current 'job' is to convince people to come study Informatics at the University of Twente. I'm part of the promotions team, and it's real fun, and the pay is just ridicilously good.

Anyway, my dream job is to develop new ways of interaction with computer systems. That sounds terribly boring, but working in that area allows for creativity, thinking out of the box (I love out of the box) and could potentially really change something. Might start my own company. Still on course to do that :smile:

I currently work as a cashier at John Lewis.

My dream job would be as a Surgeon in a hospital that I owned. Would be amazing.

Current job: cash clerk at Tesco. Alright I suppose, better than being on tills.

Don't really have a dream job, as long as I'm happy, self-fulfilled and appreciated it's all good.

My current job: Working tech support for a software company. We build cost management programs for large companies such as Chevron, BP, Texaco and Cairn Energy.

My dream job: Playing games and getting paied huge sums of money to do it.

I currently work nights at a supermarket, basically very few hours, lots of money and fits my studies.

Dream job - Um... Footballer, clichéd but I love the sport. That's out the window, so now I'd like to have lead role in a major games company and be involved in making an epic game.

I'm a part time sous-chef, and I like it.

Aiming for a toxicologist, preferably in either italy, france or canada.

Currently I'm an Analyst for a games publisher. Lots of fun, get to see new games before they're out, have access to actual sales figures so can follow arguments about which machine is better and then just state quite blatantly the actual situation. Get to do a few cool promotional things and best of all free games!

Dream job would be an F1 driver, haha! Not very likely and I'm sure I wouldn't be too good at it but I'd take a pay cut for a chance.

Realistic aim is to move into game production. Hopefully work a little while longer in my current role and then see what comes up. Trying to learn a bit of Japanese at the moment which would help with working on Japanese titles rather than UK or US ones.

Job - Working at asda warehouse

Dream Job - being presenter on top gear :D

realistic - starting up a photography company or get in a successfulish band