N-Europe

Piercings and/or tattoos!

Raining_again

waaaaaaaaaaaaht. Are you taking the piss? :heh: heh.

That sounds really sore.. I don't think I'd want to risk going blind or anything.. :shakehead

(I'll just go for the contact lenses if i want strange looking eyes :D)

Oh it's real!

Although I thought it was safer than that. Maybe it's been developed more since then. Who knows?

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still trying to finalize the design for my haku dragon.... settled on either my right forearm or left shoulder-blade for it... i want it to be visible but i'm not sure it'd look that good on my arm... hmm hmm.....

but yeah!! i'm gunna try drawing it up tonight... i want him in this kinda pose

Haku2-1.gif

but with features more like this haku... he looks a little more "badass protector" dontchathink?? (plus the legs on this version of haku look much less like a ribbed condom O_o)

view.jpg

was also doing a bit of research on haku... apparently his design is very similar to a frost dragon....... hehehe. (jamba's surname..)

Edited by bluey

So i was walking around Dumfries yesterday and i was walking by a small tattoo parlour so i stoped to look in the window at the designs. Trying to decide whither should get one or not, either way i'll be going in on Saturday to see whats going on. Its just the pain aspect i have a problem with but i guess it won't be too bad. pics if i don't wuss out, no pics if i do!

So i was walking around Dumfries yesterday and i was walking by a small tattoo parlour so i stoped to look in the window at the designs. Trying to decide whither should get one or not, either way i'll be going in on Saturday to see whats going on. Its just the pain aspect i have a problem with but i guess it won't be too bad. pics if i don't wuss out, no pics if i do!

go for it martinist!!! i wont lie - it smarts!!! but it's SO worth the pain :grin:

i'm looking into studios to get mine done with right now... would love to get it done at the middleton tattoo studio but a) they have a 6 month waiting list and b) i dont think i have enough money to get work done by Lou Malloy :o

*sigh*

I'd say the best way to describe the pain is to compare it to sunburn. It's bearable but a little annoying. Also bear in mind the worst parts are the beginning and the end. Your body gets used to it/releases its own painkillers so it gradually becomes less painful. The only problem is that the natural painkillers only last so long so if you're having quite a long sitting it gets painful again towards the end.

From what I've gathered from asking the people who did my tattoos, the most painful areas are the spine, inner arm/armpit area, inner wrist, elbow, above the heart and the back of your legs.

The mind boggles as to why people keep getting the same boring as fuck designs done. Some badly designed moon princess queen of the night from a bad fanfic, a random chinese dragon, some flowers/butterflies, or a celtic design.

leaving now...shitting self >_<

*is reluctant to leave*

EDIT: epic failure on my part >_< i was talking to a few guys in the parlour and they were saying somthing about alot of people getting sick because they wern't sterilizing the needles enough >_>

so i just thought "fuck this, i don't wanna get sick or anything" so i guess i'll just have to find another parlour somewhere.

*puts on to do list*

Edited by martinist

leaving now...shitting self >_<

*is reluctant to leave*

EDIT: epic failure on my part >_< i was talking to a few guys in the parlour and they were saying somthing about alot of people getting sick because they wern't sterilizing the needles enough >_>

so i just thought "fuck this, i don't wanna get sick or anything" so i guess i'll just have to find another parlour somewhere.

*puts on to do list*

dont worry martinist! you should find the best place and only go somewhere you're confident about!!! someone told me when they're chosing a tattoo studio - they always check the state of the toilets in the place. you can tell how picky a studio is about their cleanliness by the state of the loos!

have you got any ideas abotu the design yet??

i'm thinking of getting a few dust sprites somewhere before i go for the full on haku design on my left sholderblade. still waiting for the linework for that though :smile:

wanna get a little cluster of makkuro kurosuke mixed with some sakura maybe...?

kinda a cross between these two images... (i actually have that stamp! hehe)

AAAAAopMiAMAAAAAAEwipw.png?v=1180049514000 & 4905e21d32584_8570s.jpg

Edited by bluey

I'm still trying to come up with a design myself for what I want to get done. I know roughly what I want done and a rough idea of it can be found a few pages back. Want to do a lizard in a sort of Aboriginal dot pattern where the colours progress from red at one end to blue at the other. Really wanting to get it done before the summer so I need to get cracking on the composition seeing as the design is fine as it is. Or perhaps I should go and speak to some guys about it at different parlours which'd be helpful as I can't for the life of me think of where to get the thing placed. I want something on my shoulder blade but this isn't the one to put there and the only other place I want something is on the underside of my forearm but I think the lizard thing might look really out of place there.

So much to think about before getting the damn thing. Can be annoying.

I'm still trying to come up with a design myself for what I want to get done. I know roughly what I want done and a rough idea of it can be found a few pages back. Want to do a lizard in a sort of Aboriginal dot pattern where the colours progress from red at one end to blue at the other. Really wanting to get it done before the summer so I need to get cracking on the composition seeing as the design is fine as it is. Or perhaps I should go and speak to some guys about it at different parlours which'd be helpful as I can't for the life of me think of where to get the thing placed. I want something on my shoulder blade but this isn't the one to put there and the only other place I want something is on the underside of my forearm but I think the lizard thing might look really out of place there.

So much to think about before getting the damn thing. Can be annoying.

If you don't mind lots of pain :heh:

My tattooist actually recommended that I didn't get it as a first tattoo because the skin there is very delicate. It tends to bleed a lot!

---

Also I'm debating the idea of self piercing... I can stick needles into myself without much problems.. Just the problem may be if I take a monstrous reaction like I have in the past. I even have a sharps bin. Yay.

I blame Letty for putting this idea into my head :heh:

Edited by Raining_again

^ I'm not too bothered about the whole pain thing. If it hurts, it hurts. It's what you have to go through to get the thing you want and as long as it's good, then in the end the pain will be worth it. Not fully decided on the position though as I've said. I'm just totally unsure of where to put it. Once I've got the final thing drawn up, I'll post it in here to see whether anyone has any decent ideas about placement.

^ I'm not too bothered about the whole pain thing. If it hurts, it hurts. It's what you have to go through to get the thing you want and as long as it's good, then in the end the pain will be worth it. Not fully decided on the position though as I've said. I'm just totally unsure of where to put it. Once I've got the final thing drawn up, I'll post it in here to see whether anyone has any decent ideas about placement.

Totally, the pains worth it, just a heads up from someone that's had it done :smile:

Thanks. And if you'd be so kind, when I've finished the design would you be willing, along with others, to help sort out a decent placement? It's gonna drive me crazy. I'll get the design done tomorrow as I'm off from Uni and only have reading to do.

I'm sure many of us will pitch in and help you decide where to mutilate yourself :3

ps letty your hair is so yummy! Matches your eyes! Do I spot keepers in your nose(s)?

@ Letty - is she wanted dead or alive and will there be a monetary reward? :heh:

The cheek one is interesting. Never seen that kind of piercing done before but they both look clean and well done. Perhaps you should go professional with the piercing? Oh and awesome hair :D.

wanna get a little cluster of makkuro kurosuke mixed with some sakura maybe...?

kinda a cross between these two images... (i actually have that stamp! hehe)

AAAAAopMiAMAAAAAAEwipw.png?v=1180049514000 & 4905e21d32584_8570s.jpg

People will be mistake them as the fuzzies from Paper Mario!