NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Resident Evil 4 - :)

I searched for the previous thread regarding this, and it turns out it's quite a far way back, with the last post in September...

I made the conscious decision to start a new thread, rathering than rejuvenating a dead one.

I bought the Wii version of this a few months back, and I've been playing this on and off. This is the first time I've ever played this game, as I previously promised myself that I'd play 2 and 3 before this, but I managed to get this at a decent price so that went straight out of the window!

So far, I'm loving this game. My favourite weapon from the Resi games is the shotgun. There's nothing more satisfying than getting a headshot and really taking out your frustration on something. :D

Last year, my Christmas game was Twilight Princess. This year, it may well be this. Playing this at 3 oclock in the morning, in a house with total silence, its not bad. :D

Views and opinions, please. Remember to keep spoilers in tags.

Cool. Where did you get it from and how much?

I made the conscious decision to start a new thread

Good - nothing gets my goat more than people lying unconscious on the floor making decisions left, right and centre.

Funnily enough, I bought the Wii version of this yesterday. Slightly better version of one of the best games ever created. I'm going to return it though, cause I got it just to play the separate ways thing, and I've completed the game on Professional 7 times before anyway. Just wait till the regenerators...they're scary as fuck.

I absolutely adore this game! :grin:

I bought the Wii Version when it came out in the Summer and played on it solid until i had completed it. I hadn't owned or played the game for more than about 10 minutes before and the Wii controls added to it creating an even better version than before.

Every moment in the game is enjoyable and i was on the edge of my Bean Chiar when the regenerators where hunting me down. :)

The most tense part for me (on the wii version) was when i had 1 bit of health left and no ammo and i was trapped on a lift with priests coming from all corners, slashing them with the knife trying to avoid there swings of the maces. I just about managed to get through it. :D

All the Boss fights are great and each one feels like the last! The weaponary is awesome and i love all the different ways in which you can kill the enemies with.

Probably one of my favourite games. :yay:

Cool. Where did you get it from and how much?

It was from gamestation for around 25 quid, if I remember correctly.

Good - nothing gets my goat more than people lying unconscious on the floor making decisions left, right and centre.

Haha. :)

My favourite bit so far was:

Where you and Luis are in the house and people just keep coming in through the windows. I baracaded them with the bookshelves or whatever they were, and they keep coming. That was such a fun part, it reminded me of Night of the Living dead.

:)

And, my first ever decapitation. Getting chainsawed in the head was so funny. :)

It was from gamestation for around 25 quid, if I remember correctly.

I may pick this up at some point - it's one of those fringe games that I'd buy if I had nothing else to play. Can't believe you've never played it before!

And, my first ever decapitation. Getting chainsawed in the head was so funny. :)

Ah yes, much like your first pint, you never forget your first decapitation.

I ended up paying £18.50 for mine as i had some points on my GAME card. :D

My first decapitation was great as i was hiding from the chainsaw man on the roof looking down at the village below to see where he was to suddenly hear this loud WHRRRRRRR!!! VRRMMMM!!!

i turned round to see him behind me already with the chainsaw in my neck! by the time i reacte it was too late and my head was already rolling on the floor...

That was quite a scary moment! didn't expect it to happen. :)

My favourite bit so far was:

Where you and Luis are in the house and people just keep coming in through the windows. I baracaded them with the bookshelves or whatever they were, and they keep coming. That was such a fun part, it reminded me of Night of the Living dead.

:)

I think everone laughed when Dr Salvador first killed them with the chainsaw :heh: Such an awesome gaming moment! My friend say's that Dr Salvador didn't kill him on his first go and that he killed him with a knife. I think he may not be telling the truth :indeed:

Your favourite bit so far, is also mine. When I feel I'm going to beat that chapter, I sometimes just give myself up to the Ganado's just so that I can re-play it again! There are many more set-pieces in the game that are equally as awesome as this tho, so happyhunting.

A truly magnificent game and a very good Wii-port makes it all the more awesome.

The pointer actually adds a lot of fun although harming the atmosphere a bit because of the aiming circle.

I played it on GC and Wii and I'm glad I got it for Wii as well.

The enemies in this game are great.

...chapter 3-1, I think, where Ashley is captured again through that funky wall mechanism. I was just in the sewers with these cool little...grasshopper type things, that would attach to the walls and spit acid! They kept going invisible and I couldnt understand why I couldnt see them. I gotta admit, that was my tensest moment in the game so far...all I could hear in the sewers were my steps, and then theres, and then I'd aim, and then it would jump and acid me, and my face would melt.

This is easily my favorite Wii game, which is sad since its a port... But whatever its a lot more fun on the Wii then on the GC.

Just wait till you start unlocking all the awesome guns and costumes! All though it makes the game 10x easier, its way more fun to go through the game with an infinite ammo handcannon (that completely tosses everybody!) and Ashley wearing her second costume.

I loved this game when I owned it on the PS2. Played almost all of it again just to show a couple of friends just how awesome it was (they were too scared to play it on their own yet we played it with the lights off) Best bit:

shooting fish at that only to get a very rude guest give me a huge surprise. Scared the hell out of me.

I loved this game when I owned it on the PS2. Played almost all of it again just to show a couple of friends just how awesome it was (they were too scared to play it on their own yet we played it with the lights off) Best bit:
shooting fish at that only to get a very rude guest give me a huge surprise. Scared the hell out of me.

Thats my faourite bit aswell especially doing it on purpose when people who haven't played it before watch me play.

I gotta say, i'm not one for replaying many games but i've completed this many times on the cube and same again on the Wii. Also i thought the controls were perfect on the cube till i played the Wii edition.

This thread makes me want to replay Resi. I never did the Ada side missions or replay with the new guns and stuff because by the time I finished this I moved straight on to Bioshock. And now with Christmas I'm not gonna have time to do it.

This summer, I'm gonna power-replay through a whole bunch of shooters / adventure games. I'm thinking this, Bioshock, Halo, Super Mario Galaxy and GRAW2 off the top of my head. Possibly Metroid Prime and Mass Effect if I enjoy them when I get them for christmas :)

Wow, I can't wait for summer when I have time to do that...

This game is pure bliss on a disk. And after you beat it you get mercenary mode which IMO is worth the price of the game :D

This game is pure bliss on a disk. And after you beat it you get mercenary mode which IMO is worth the price of the game :D

Yeah its a fantastic little game. Would have been great if they added online leaderboards for your scores.

As for your last update Flinky yeah those things are freaky. They also annoyed the hell out of me because I kept jumping everytime one appeared in front of me. Needless to say random shooting took place when that happened :)

Me and my flatmates played through this the other month, handing over the controller everytime each of us was killed. One of the most intense games I've played, the Wiimote additions work really well for the most part.

Flink, wait until you get to chapter five, get's really fucking insane at that point. We started playing through the professional mode about a week ago, before Uni finished. Some bits took us ages to complete and we've still got the most intense chapters to play through.

Certainly one of the best games I've played recently, apart from the story and the dialogue of course which is all dreadful.

I was playing this, whilst on MSN to Haden.

I have just started Chapter 4-1, and the conversation kinda went like this:

Haden: So where are you?

Me: Luis has just been killed. LUIS! LUUUUUUIIIIIISS!

Haden: Haha.

Me: Ok, I cant get down to her.

Haden: Shoot the locks?

Me: Ok *ashley is unlocked*

Me: Omg, I'm controlling Ashley.

Me: Wtf! All I have is a flashlight. Its dark. *solves puzzle* AHHHHHHHH! Those armour things just came after me and I couldnt see more than 2 feet infront of me! WTF!

Haden: Ahhahahahahaha

Definitely my most tense moment. I was running out of that room like a madman, but I wasn't quite sure where I was or where I was going. :(

I fucking love this game.

Your getting close to what is, in my opinion the tensest and scariest part of the game. Good luck!

Ah the Castle.

Because of the length and dullness of it, I'd give the whole game an 8/10. The Ashley part of it was great, though.

I was playing this, whilst on MSN to Haden.

Haden: So where are you?

Me: Luis has just been killed. LUIS! LUUUUUUIIIIIISS!

Haden: Haha.

Me: Ok, I cant get down to her.

Haden: Shoot the locks?

Me: Ok *ashley is unlocked*

Me: Omg, I'm controlling Ashley.

Me: Wtf! All I have is a flashlight. Its dark. *solves puzzle* AHHHHHHHH! Those armour things just came after me and I couldnt see more than 2 feet infront of me! WTF!

Haden: Ahhahahahahaha

Definitely my most tense moment. I was running out of that room like a madman, but I wasn't quite sure where I was or where I was going. :(

I fucking love this game.

That's the best chapter in the whole game. Tensest and scariest precisely cause you feel naked after so long in the game.

Ah the Castle.

Because of the length and dullness of it, I'd give the whole game an 8/10. The Ashley part of it was great, though.

What the hell?? The Castle is the best area in the game, you call it dull and remove points from the game because of it?? It has a great layout (the winding path that you take through it), the best graphics in the game (the carpets, the statues, the chandeliers, great colours), great set-pieces (like the labyrinth, the water hall, the fiery room, etc) and the best boss of the game too. How can someone say the Castle dumbs the game down...?