N-Europe

Ignored!

Eenuh

So recently I have noticed that more and more, I am being ignored. Not so much by people (though that happens very much as well, but I'm used to it), but now also by companies as well.

For example, I've sent emails to companies to ask them something about one of their products, or to generally ask for information. Then I get a reply saying they received my mail and will reply in 24-48 hours... yet I never hear from them again. If this only happened once with one company, then okay, that wouldn't be too bad. But lately it's happened to every company I've sent a mail to.

I also sent in some points I saved up with one company through normal mail. With those points I saved up I was going to get two free tickets to the zoo for 2007. I sent that envelope in October and I still haven't heard from them. Chances I'll still get those tickets are very slim now.

Or how I was trying to redeem my American Airline mile points from my plane tickets. I filled in the online form, waited a month and nothing happened. Filled it in again and waited a couple more months. Still nothing has happened. I don't even feel like sending them a complaint mail cause I know it'll probably go ignored as well.

A more personal one is how there was this New Zealand guy who wanted me to draw a commissioned drawing for his story. We spent weeks talking about what he wanted and how I should do it, then when I was asking for his final idea on what to draw, he stopped replying.

Honestly, my list is pretty big at the moment. It seems every time I ask for something or need help on a certain thing, people will simply ignore me and pretend I never sent it at all. Makes me wonder what on earth I've done wrong to deserve to be treated like that.

Anyone else ever feel like this? Like you don't seem to exist in one way or another?

(by the way, I just noticed how weird the word ignored looks... to me)

People are generally idiots and like to take the easier route of not replying to, or doing, stuff. Things only get moving once you constantly nag people.

Ring all of them up, and be polite, but complain about the service you've received.

It's just a part of life that you have to deal with. :(

As hilarious as it would be for this thread to be ignored, I can't bring myself do something that mean. Anyway, I seem to be in the same boat as you; recently two people that I have been chatting with via email just stopped replying without warning, and I really can't figure out why. Perhaps we're both just paranoid though?

People are generally idiots and like to take the easier route of not replying to, or doing, stuff. Things only get moving once you constantly nag people.

Ring all of them up, and be polite, but complain about the service you've received.

It's just a part of life that you have to deal with. :(

I can understand people not wanting to reply anymore, but companies really should offer a better service, especially when I'm trying to actually -buy- stuff from them. I don't get why they wouldn't reply to a mail if in the end it'll ensure them another buyer. =/

And I would ring some of them, but most are international companies and I don't want to have to pay for international calls. I'll just have to email them some more.

Sadly, I do not have the email address of the company that owes me zoo tickets. I don't actually even remember the company (they do in printing paper I think) as I'd never heard of them before and mom just got those points from work.

As hilarious as it would be for this thread to be ignored, I can't bring myself do something that mean. Anyway, I seem to be in the same boat as you; recently two people that I have been chatting with via email just stopped replying without warning, and I really can't figure out why. Perhaps we're both just paranoid though?

I don't know, it never really happened to me before to be ignored by so many instances in the same time period. I had no trouble before getting replies from companies, but now in the last couple of months one after the other has ignored me. It's kinda weird.

As for the people ignoring you, send them a short email asking if they still feel like talking? Don't write anything too long asking about what is wrong or whatever. If they feel like talking, they will come back to you.

It would be really funny if no one replied to this thread.

We're here for you Eenuh.

I was afraid at first that was going to happen. X3

Glad it didn't. :smile:

People and companies are sometimes too wound up in their own affairs and business that they can't see the real world, or it's problem therein. Don't feel disheartened or even upset or angry about it....just ignore it :heh:

Look on the bright side of it, if these people are ignoring you just because it seems like they can't be bothered to help you - then why should you be bothered to deal with them at all.

I work tech support at where i work, I know its not very hard to reply to an email or propperly answer a phone call with the correct responce.

Some people are useless assholes who can't be arsed to do their work.

*big hug for Eenuh*

One place where you'll never be ignored is here, we loves you. ;)

That's pretty shitty that they couldn't be bothered to reply. When did you last send that New Zealand guy an email?

Yay, thanks! =D

The last time I sent an email to the guy was mid-October I think, asking for the final details of the drawing. We had spent since August talking about it and what he wanted (he always summed up multiple ideas instead of limiting it to one) and I'd already done sketches too.

But oh well, he probably wouldn't have offered enough money anyway.

*needs moniesss*

it's especially annoying getting ignored by a lady friend, when they lead you into a false sense of security by telling you how much they fucking like you!! Then, suddenly, out of the blue, they ignore you! it is the single most annoying thing ever.

it is the single most annoying thing ever.

i couldnt disagree with you more:

(no, i agree.. that kind of thins is annoying - but women are annoying like that... its just how we roll ^.^ dont worry yourself too much)

i guess i dont really mind being ignored that much, or i'd notice it more ~ there was only one time i can remember getting really mad in a shop, when i was queuing to buy ONE thing in boots and another till opened and the lady called me over (cause i was 2nd in line and had been waiting the longest apart from the woman in front being served~) but when i went to go - someone from the back of the queue rushed over before me and i was left out of the first queue and nobody would let me back in :cry:

i only wanted some gum... *sniff*

Haha guess what? I finally got a mail back from the company owing me two zoo tickets. So I'm like, all happy and going "finally!". Only to find that they included only one ticket in there instead of the two tickets they owe me. >(

Typical. Problem is if I complain now and they send another one, it probably won't arrive in time. Stupid tickets expire December 31. >.<;

*still gonna complain though*