• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a black one to go with the colour scheme of the console cos my OCD told me to :heh: seriously though I like the black oh and Flemboy, get one off eBay, just find one from a business seller with a reasonable buyitnow price and your sorted. :smile:

I bought a black one to go with the colour scheme of the console cos my OCD told me to :heh: seriously though I like the black oh and Flemboy, get one off eBay, just find one from a business seller with a reasonable buyitnow price and your sorted. :smile:

Yeah found a decent one UK seller..gonna order it when I get paid, hopefully have MGS1 completed by the time it arrives so can play MGS4 with it from the start...

EDIT;

Btw OCD is telling me I should get black!

Sony working on 'break apart' motion PS3 pad

Sony Computer Entertainment is working on a new controller for the PlayStation 3, which features the ability to 'break apart' into two separate units, each of which contains an accelerometer for 'Wiimote-like' motion-sensing functionality, GamesIndustry.biz understands.

It's not clear when the pad will be officially announced, but it is believed that working units have already been supplied to certain developer partners, according to sources.

The potential for new game types to be developed with the additional motion-sensing functionality should open up the PlayStation 3 to the sorts of gaming audiences that the Nintendo has been so successful at gathering with its Wii console.

Sony Computer Entertainment will therefore hope that, with the ongoing development of the PlayStation Network, the success of Blu-ray as the de facto next generation standard of video, the gradual roll-out of Home later in the year and the release of additional high definition titles over time, it will be able to overwhelmingly position the PS3 as the best all-round home entertainment unit on the market.

The original controller released with the PS3, the Sixaxis, did contain some motion-sensing ability, although it came at the expense of the popular 'rumble' functionality and was nothing like as free as the movement that the Wiimote offered. The Corporation later released a DualShock pad for the console.

Sony Computer Entertainment declined to comment on the matter at the time of publishing, although an announcement is expected in due course, with the possibility of an official unveiling at this year's E3 event.

gamesindustry.biz

This kind of controller is, to me, the future. If Nintendo wasn't trying to appeal to non-gamers this would've been the shit for Wii. Dual wielding, pointers, accelerometers, vibration, wireless and speakers, this is completly feasible and I have little doubt controllers will be like this. It won't stick this gen, even if someone releases it of course, but in due time.

Did they just have 1? Because all the ones I've seen are from Hong Kong or Canada.

nah they had loads listed...

let me dig out the link...

here's a silver one, I was also watching;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180252889858&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

and their page;

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/offerhouse-uk/

Seems ok... seems to relist as soon as one sells suggesting they have plenty of stock