• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering this too...anyone??

How do you set up a US account on PSN with a UK PS3? I have just bought Rock Band from US and want to download sometracks.

Its quite easy. Just create a new master account and select USA as your region. Next just enter a US address, I think I used California and zip 90201...seriously. Anyway you could just google an address and use that. After that just keep hitting next etc and all of the US goods are now yours :)

To buy anything off the US store you need an american credit card but with the points cards just around the corner this problem will be resolved. I will finally be able to buy Wild Arms!

Has anyone here replaced their PS3 HDD? I'm looking at upgrading my 40GB to 120GB but I have no idea about Hard Drives in general. Is it easy to do for a complete novice like me? Any help/advice would be great.

Its a piece of cake. I upgraded mine with a 320Gb HD, the only annoying thing are the screws which are as soft as butter.

This should help as well:

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6176090/index.html?sid=6176090

Sony cancels Eight Days and The Getaway

Sony Computer Entertainment has announced that it has cancelled production on two PlayStation 3 titles that were in development at the Sony London Studio - Eight Days and The Getaway.

A statement from the Corporation read as follows: "It has been agreed that production of both Eight Days and The Getaway will cease immediately due to the redistribution of resources and budget.

"This decision was made following an internal review of all games and it was deemed that with the incredibly strong list of exclusive first party titles coming up both this year and in the near future, resource should be reallocated to enhance those projects closer to completion.

"Worldwide Studios has a reputation for innovative and entertaining games, with titles such as LittleBigPlanet, SingStar,Buzz, EyeToy and Eye of Judgement, and will continue to push the boundaries on all PlayStation platforms."

Sony cancels Eight Days and The Getaway

Sony Computer Entertainment has announced that it has cancelled production on two PlayStation 3 titles that were in development at the Sony London Studio - Eight Days and The Getaway.

A statement from the Corporation read as follows: "It has been agreed that production of both Eight Days and The Getaway will cease immediately due to the redistribution of resources and budget.

"This decision was made following an internal review of all games and it was deemed that with the incredibly strong list of exclusive first party titles coming up both this year and in the near future, resource should be reallocated to enhance those projects closer to completion.

"Worldwide Studios has a reputation for innovative and entertaining games, with titles such as LittleBigPlanet, SingStar,Buzz, EyeToy and Eye of Judgement, and will continue to push the boundaries on all PlayStation platforms."

WAAAA!!! Didn't see that one coming. I was looking forward the The Getaway, and Eight Days sounded promising.

Thanks a lot Daft! It seems quite easy to do and my brother is quite good with computers so hopefully should be upgraded next week. Cheers: peace:

No probs, just be careful with the screw. Its annoyingly easy to strip them.

To buy anything off the US store you need an american credit card but with the points cards just around the corner this problem will be resolved. I will finally be able to buy Wild Arms!

You can also transfer funds to an online account thingy and transfer it again from there, kind of like PayPal. I'm not sure what it is called exactly.

You can also transfer funds to an online account thingy and transfer it again from there, kind of like PayPal. I'm not sure what it is called exactly.

It's called entropay i believe mate! But i wouldn't personally chance using it..i'm just gonna wait for the cards to become availible on VGP!

It's called entropay i believe mate! But i wouldn't personally chance using it..i'm just gonna wait for the cards to become availible on VGP!

Yeah, thats the one. I'm just going to wait until the PAL Rock Band is out, the songs on the disc will keep me busy till then.

According to our source at Gamestop, EA has removed the PlayStation 3 version of Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 from their upcoming release list.

Earlier this week, we reported that the PS3 version of the title may be in trouble, with EA's Red Alert 3 Community Manager stating, “I can't speak of the PS3 version right now."

www.psu.com

Its quite easy. Just create a new master account and select USA as your region. Next just enter a US address, I think I used California and zip 90201...seriously. Anyway you could just google an address and use that. After that just keep hitting next etc and all of the US goods are now yours :)

Cheers mate, thats a little annoying, was hoping to get some songs for Rock Band, guess Ill have to wait. When are the cards coming out?

I'm thinking of getting Ratchet and Clank for the PS3, but on the demo it was primarily shooting, and not so much platforming. Is this true for the entire game?

It's a mix really. Some planets are all about the boom, boom and some planets about the hop, hop.

Mind you, some planets are all hop, hop, boom, boom, boom, hop.

It's AAAAAWWWWLLL good though :D I'm taking my time with it purpously as I remember the PS2 titles ending waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too soon for my linking.

Poor GameSpot were blanked by Konami, so no MGS4 review from them. :p

Isn't it because they refused to do what IGN etc have done and kept schtum on any niggles? (Not that Gamespot ever do that lol).

ANYWAY:

I've been playing the Euro 2008 demo lots recently and I have to say it's FAR better than FIFA 08 and I actually prefer it to PES 2008 too!

Unfortunately it feels a little unpolished with some moments where the screen changes to another scene and the players appear in that scene a second or two later. (Grr). The crowd also looks pretty terrible at times - But the action ON the pitch is vastly improved, even if the replays of everything still suffers from slight framerate drops.

Mind you, it was the demo I was playing... Bodes well for FIFA '09 though.

Ubisoft urges Sony to act on 'directionless' PSP

Ubisoft has called on Sony to act quickly to stop publishers abandoning the PSP as a viable format.

Speaking exclusively to GamesIndustry.biz, UK managing director Rob Cooper has said that the format lacks direction, with Sony unsure of how to market a machine he sees as over-priced and too technical for the mainstream consumer.

"I think that Sony is disappointed with sales and it's unsure as to which way to take it," said Cooper in an interview published today.

"Sony needs to show us a bit more about what its plans are to convince the publisher to invest lots more money into it. Especially when you've got the DS selling at such a tremendous pace.

"I suppose it's almost too technical for the casual person, those that are buying the DS at the moment, who want a few buttons and not a lot more. It's so simple what [Nintendo] has done. That's where I think Sony has gone a little bit too complicated, they've over-specced it, the price is too high and they need to go back to the drawing board and start again," he added.

Cooper doesn't think it's an issue with software pricing, rather Sony hasn't communicated to publishers clearly what direction the machine is going to take in the future.

"I don't think it's a pricing issue," he admitted. "As a publisher I'll always say pricing is not the first point of call. I don't think dropping the price of games is going to sell more product or hardware.

"It's direction, a real strategic decision by Sony as to what it wants to do with that product. It's a great shame that sales are at the level they are, because you've got a hardware system that is absolutely beautiful."

Ubisoft has no games planned for the PSP this year, but Cooper insists the format still has potential, so long as Sony can properly identify its audience and move the system out of "no man's land".

"There are ongoing discussions with Sony about what its decisions and strategies are, how they are going to go forward.

"Certainly, we still see it as a viable format. But we're not developing too many games on it until we get some direction. They've got to decide what they want to do with it, and come out clearly and say, 'this is our strategy, this is our process and this is how publishers can get behind it'."

"At the moment they are in no man's land, they're not sure quite how to tackle the DS competition and who is the PSP consumer. They've got to sort that out first," he said.

The comments come a month after Sony's European president David Reeves admitted to GamesIndustry.biz that the system was suffering from a lack of games.

Although support for the handheld is slowing in Europe and the US, sales of the PSP in Japan continue to rocket. The continued introduction of new colours in the Blume series has boosted sales, with the hardware regularly outselling the Wii in the market.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!