Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

SIREN: Blood Curse -- PSN (Available Summer 2008 / Not Yet Rated)

Released in twelve downloadable episodes, SIREN: Blood Curse delivers a haunting and horrifying story exclusively to PS3. Set in the Japanese village of Hanuda, an American TV crew has arrived to research and film an expose on the legend of a "vanished village." Controlling seven different playable characters, the player must discover the mystery behind the curse that grips the eerie village of Hanuda. The unique "sight jack" system allows the player to see from the point of view of the Shibito, or living dead, to avoid their detection or watch as they close in on the crew. Intense graphics, realistic character animation, and a gritty film-like graphical presentation add to the horror of SIREN: Blood Curse.

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone interested in Little Big Planet, Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 should head over to IGN and read their impressions. I cant post the links as im on the PS3 but they are REALLY impressed by all 3 titles. The online mode on Resistance sounds AMAZING.

LittleBigPlanet

Killzone 2

Resistance 2

There is also one up for MGS4 but I am avoiding all info about it like the plague. I....neeed....M.G..S.4.....

Guest Jordan

Memory stick

Or if you're fancy, stream them off a network via ethernet cable.

Random fact: Haze, is barely HD. It runs at 576p. No shit. Its not like theres much "nice"ness about it.

Memory stick

Random fact: Haze, is barely HD. It runs at 576p. No shit. Its not like theres much "nice"ness about it.

should have made it clearer, what programs/sites can I use that will generate movies I can play on the PS3...

Memory stick

Welcome to a month ago.

Guest Jordan

Ohhhhhhhh i see.

Right, well. PS3 plays .avi (divx and xvid [although xvid is pretty sketchy on support]) so most of the things you'll get online already come in these formats and will not need any encoding (the correct term to use >:3) to run. Just stick 'em on a memory stick/memory card (if your PS3 has the slots) and your PS3 will pick them up and put them under Videos and tell you if they will play or not.

Simple as.

Caris, it was only just on Kotaku... what can i do? :(

It got 34/40 in Famitsu and 9/10 in PSM Italy. I don't get why people seem so determined to hate Haze, it's not like Free Radical are new to the genre or anything. It should be a really good game.

Really?! I want this to be good, MGS4 is taking too long to come out.

I'll hold my breath until Eurogamer and GameSpot give their verdicts. A 7/10 from Eurogamer would make me seriously consider it.

Go to Windows Media player>library options>media sharing. Enable to 360 or PS3. Change the source on your 360(X) or connect to media server on PS3 to stream videos.

What about youtube videos that I would like to keep/compile a dvd what would I have to use so I can download and encode the youtube videos so I can play them on my PS3 and possibily other dvd players...

Has anyone got Haze then? Is the actual game better than the demo?

go and read IGN review.. 4.5/10. It's rubbish..

4.5 Presentation

A bland story with weak characters and simplistic commentaries on serious topics, Haze is a generic tale at best about war.

4.0 Graphics

Tons of visual issues abound within the game, from texture tears and non-descript environments to pop-in and odd animation problems.

5.0 Sound

Dialogue is hokey and repetitive regardless of what side you're on. Sound effects are good, but that's not enough to make you turn the volume up once you've hit mute.

4.5 Gameplay

A creative concept hampered by gimmicks, a weak story and poor AI, Haze is a disappointment from a developer well versed in shooter mechanics.

4.5 Lasting Appeal

Two player split-screen and four player co-op helps put a minor spin on the campaign, but it won't extend the replayability of the game much. Nor will multiplayer modes and its useless merit system.

Poor OVERALL

(out of 10 / not an average)

I have heard GamesTM have scored it 4/10 also. Not sure how true that is..

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!