• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't be arsed with Sony anymore, tbh. I've got more and more bored over the past 6 months. They can go suck a fuck.

Won't LBP and InFamous be pretty big files?

Infamous is 6.8 and LBP is a lot less from what I can remember.

Have looked on other forums and people seem pretty pissed off about the selection of games, seeing as Sony have picked the most popular games and therefore ones that most people are likely to already own. So if you are a loyal PlayStation customer, it's likely that you will not benefit much from the free games. Obviously the 30 days free PS+ is good news, but it's not much.

To be honest, I barely use my PlayStation apart from as a Blu Ray player. I own LBP, Killzone 2, and both Uncharted games. I do my online gaming on Xbox Live as I think it's a better service so I rarely play Uncharted 2 online, haven't tried Killzone have no interest in PS Plus and have not been at all inconvenienced by the outage.

And yet, I am, in effect, being offered more in compensation owing to the fact that I haven't purchased many PS3 games because I am a light user.

Not that I'm complaining personally, I think it's awesome, but I can sympathise with Sony hardcore fans.

They were never going to please everyone and yes it may feel they are punished the hardcore (I mean I don't have a choice the titles I will be getting are simply the ones I don't own) but what else could they do? They were never going to offer up store credit as that means involving complicating things by bringing in 3rd parties.

I've read people saying they wanted MAG but why would they offer up something that is going to be "burden" server wise? Instead they offered infamous as advertising for the 2nd game. I'm guessing LBP cos the sales of the 2nd weren't as strong and they hope this may boost it? Also to the most casual crowd they may spend money on costumes etc..if they've not experienced it before. I'd even theorise that we may see a new rachet and clank at E3?

I guess they never would have pleased everyone because there were always going to be things that people had.

I just think we are lucky to get stuff at all... they don't have to do it at the end of the day but such is the rabid nature of gamers this wouldn't have been acceptable.

I can't help but compare this to when Natwest had a security breach on certain Switch cards and cancelled them as well as taking down their online banking. I missed payments as a result of my card number becoming invalid and when I realised (when I recieved letter to say I would be getting a new card in a few days) I couldn't log in to move around money to sort it. So got charged by whoever was getting billed from for late payment. I argued with Natwest they never so much as apologised and the letter they sent with my new card made out how they were improving their security. So I lost money as a result and ended up angry.

So I dunno.

Actually pleasantly surprised with the games Sony are offering on their Welcome Back thing. As I already have LittleBigPlanet and had/finished Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty, I'll get InFamous and probably WipeOut if Dead Nation is as poor as people are saying (even though I'm not the biggest fan of WipeOut).

Haven't really used my PS3 in a while for playing anything (although I'll be honest and say neither my 360 or Wii have seen any action either in weeks/months respectively) so actually looking forward to trying InFamous for the first time as it'll be something different from the stuff I've had to trudge through recently for review.

Is there a deadline for when you have to claim your free games? That's one thing I've noticed wasn't on any of the releases I've read.

Yeh I'm a light user too and probably being overly rewarded (though I do use online a fair amount). I only have LBP, Uncharted 2 and PES 2010/2011 so to be able to download Infamous and Wipeout (once the store is back online) for free is a real bonus for me. It's a shame the people who already own the free games weren't given free cash as credit to use in the PS Store.

Actually pleasantly surprised with the games Sony are offering on their Welcome Back thing. As I already have LittleBigPlanet and had/finished Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty, I'll get InFamous and probably WipeOut if Dead Nation is as poor as people are saying (even though I'm not the biggest fan of WipeOut).

Haven't really used my PS3 in a while for playing anything (although I'll be honest and say neither my 360 or Wii have seen any action either in weeks/months respectively) so actually looking forward to trying InFamous for the first time as it'll be something different from the stuff I've had to trudge through recently for review.

Is there a deadline for when you have to claim your free games? That's one thing I've noticed wasn't on any of the releases I've read.

Yeah there is a deadline can't remember where I read it.

ah here in the terms and conditions for the welcome back package;

For eligibility for the welcome back programme consumers must be an account holder on 20 April 2011. Specific details about these offers and eligibility requirements will be posted as the services go live. All existing PSN registrants have 30 days from when the welcome back programme goes live to redeem their content.

So 30 days from whenever they hit that switch back on.

Cube and I smashing up Unch tonight.

Was distraught to see Tellyn and Daft lacking Uncharted 2. How long were you guys planning on keeping this from me?

If it helps, I've ordered it online and it should hopefully arrive at a time that won't distract me from exam preparation. :heh:

You like/love it by the end. Takes forever to get going.

While I'm at it, does Ratchet and Clank (think it's Tools of Destruction) get any better? I've been on it for over an hour and am not feeling it so far - it just seems a bit...button mashy and samey

Cube and I smashing up Unch tonight.

Was distraught to see Tellyn and Daft lacking Uncharted 2. How long were you guys planning on keeping this from me?

I soz for missing, didn't notice the invites until it was too late.

I'm amazed by the number of people who are getting inFAMOUS now that Sony is giving it away for free. It's one of the best PS3 exclusives (and one of the major reasons I got a PS3), so I always assumed most people had played it. And it's not just on this forum. Probably not a bad idea to give people a chance to check it out for free when the sequel is right around the corner.

Me, I'm not even sure if I can be bothered to turn on my PS3 to download WipEout and/or Dead Nation, as I have zero interest in either game and since my PS3 has been very finicky about connecting to the internet since a system update two years ago. :hmm:

I have no idea what a "Zone Mode" is, but I just can't get excited about any racing game that isn't Mario Kart.

Maybe I'll download it anyway. You never know, I guess!

But I'm really jealous of all of you guys who have somehow missed out on Little Big Planet, Ratchet & Clank or inFAMOUS. You've got it made with this offer.

Zone Mode reskins the track into one massive neon music equaliser (Try it with Daft Punk). Every lap you go round your ship gets faster and faster, you can't slow down. You have to survive as many laps as possible before blowing up (normally caused by hitting the sides too much).

It's zen gaming.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!