Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

What are you on Motorstorm: Pacific Rift is immense. The first was a chore; loading times longer than War and Peace. Although I hate racing games with motion control, so disjointed.

Nolan North's PoP was also thoroughly enjoyable.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd ask this in here as I know a lot of you buy from shopto.net. If you picked Royal Mail unsigned for do they still tend to come in 24 hours of dispatch or not? I will be at work when my SSF4 preorder shows up and getting to the post office is a pain in the arse due to it only being open during work hours. So might mean me not having SSF4 the first weekend its out. Unless I hope that someone happens to be in as they deliver which due to my families work life I know is perhaps not likely.

When ive had recorded stuff from ShopTo my postman still just posts it through the door without getting a signature anyway! ::shrug:

Although i don't mind coz im not normally in when the post comes! :grin:

Excitetruck and definitely Excitebots is better than the Motor Storm series. Which are good games, offer more content, look great, but they just aren't as fun!

BULLSHIT OVERLOAD!

PBm1f3YogFw

Moving swiftly on - In a moment of madness today I just ordered InFamous £12.99, Borderlands £17.99 and Dragon Age £14.99 from Gamestation. I also should have arriving on rental tomorrow from Lovefilm - Bayonetta and Saw.

I'm off for 2 weeks so this lot should keep me busy! :grin:

At the start of this year I had pegged these as the best upcoming games for the system, thing is, the bold ones are the only ones I really would like:

God of War 3

The last Guardian

Yakuza 3

ModNation Racers

MAG

Demon’s Souls

Gran Turismo 5

The Agent

GTAIV Liberty City Stories

Fallout: New Vegas

Even Demon's Souls / Demons Souls / Whatever is a bit of a maybe. What stuff is missing from that bunch?

You should try and get a copy of Demon's Souls, dwarf. I ended up getting it off eBay and found it to easily be one of the best games of the last 5 or so years. It's fantastic, and completely unlike any other game currently offered on the current systems.

It does look awesome, and meaty. It's just the price really.

I like such games where fairly few have experienced it too, probably feels more special when playing it to know that you're part of a select group. From videos it seems to have that Zelda loneliness vibe which I simply can't get enough of. Plus RPG elements can only mean I will fall in love with it.

Plus I love dificulty, so it must be the perfect game?

(Except my skills in the 3rd person fighting genre are pretty awful, though I figure this is highly different)

You should try and get a copy of Demon's Souls, dwarf. I ended up getting it off eBay and found it to easily be one of the best games of the last 5 or so years. It's fantastic, and completely unlike any other game currently offered on the current systems.

Just ordered it. Won't arrive until next month but that's not a problem since I have other games (and my life :p) to spend my time on.

Looking so much forward to it.

Bought Gunstar Heroes off the PSN Store some days ago (only 3€ or 4€)

Played the singleplayer for about 10 minutes. Then I discovered the local multiplayer. Can't describe it. My mate and I had an incredibly large amount of fun :D Haven't finished it though.

Okay, I've had a considerable bash at my new games...

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift is immense. I'm having a blast with it. I'm at about rank 5/6 at the minute and sunk a good few hours into it. I love the variation in both the vehicles and the tracks. The physics and handling is incredible and the sense of speed is very good. My only complaint is that it's a tad on the easy side (so far at least) and my first impressions we're wrong, it's almost incomparable to excitetruck/bots after a lengthy play. They are completely different games and share very little apart from the fact they are both off-road racers. I am yet to experience online because I've been too busy with single player but I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've seen so far. Would highly recommend it to anyone looking for something akin to the dirt series with less emphasis on simulation and more on outright excitement. Some of the heavy vehicles are a chore to use, but most of the time you can choose something else, the bikes are awesome! I'd give it a strong 8/10

Prince of Perisa. Jesus, what happened?!!! Sands of time was amazing and this has been so incredibly average thus far. Unfortunately SoT was my only PoP experience to date, I never played any others but I think the emphasis has shifted too far away from what made the series great. Don't get me wrong please, it's a decent game, it just feels like a step backwards. Yes, the graphics and locales are stunning, the combat (though rare) is fun and the platforming (if a little clunky and bit too easy) is still better than a lot of other titles but it seems like the game has really lost what made it so great. The voice acting doesn't help, it's fucking horrible. I'm about 1/4 of the way through and I still have the desire to see the end which I suppose is a positive thing, though if it becomes a chore to play I will give up! It could go either way though, on the other hand it could pick up and get better as the fundamental level design and bosses are fun, but the the mechanics, don't quite make it feel like YOU are the one in control (especially the fact you can't die). I will post again once I'm closer to the end, I am hopeful though. SO far I'd rate it at about a 6/10

Edited by Nicktendo

Okay, I've had a considerable bash at my new games...

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift is immense. My only complaint is that it's a tad on the easy side

Haha!

AHAHAHAHA!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

(I genuinely chuckled when I read that)

There is a bloody steep curve coming up, I promise. I remember because I was trying to get one of the trophies for getting to the end when my data corrupted. I can't say I was that bothered because the races at the end were so god-damn irritating.

There is one race on the beach level (obviously a lot of them are on beaches) but you start in a bit of jungle, and then do a massive ramp down to a beachy section once you've turned to the left upon landing. It might've been rank 7 or 8, but I'm not sure. I tried that race so many times and just couldn't find the speed. All of the later events, boost just seems to make no difference and you're constantly on the verge of overheating.

We might be confusing each other because I only went for gold medals in that game, even though it's a points-based system right? I definitely know I got golds on all races/drift event thingies on ranks 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. Probably got a fair few more golds but on which courses I don't know.

I refuse to admit you're better than me :) I'm Wipeout HD king!

Ordered both Dragon Age Origins (£21 special edition) and Darksiders (£15) today so hopefully will arrive by weekend when im back from Krakow on Saturday! Wanted both these games before but kinda missed them out so I am glad have waited and picked them up nice and cheap for the cost of one game usual.

Anybody on here had any problems with uncharted Drakes fortune ? or any other game that just keeps freezing their PS3. My PS3 is only a few months old & i've not had a problem with any other game. The game disc looks mint & i've even tried my friends copy of the game but it's doing the same. I've had my PS3 led flat, on it's side and i've deleted & re-installed the game save & update all to no avail.

It's really annoying as the Uncharted games are part of the reason i now have all 3 of the next gen consoles.

Anybody on here had any problems with uncharted Drakes fortune ? or any other game that just keeps freezing their PS3. My PS3 is only a few months old & i've not had a problem with any other game. The game disc looks mint & i've even tried my friends copy of the game but it's doing the same. I've had my PS3 led flat, on it's side and i've deleted & re-installed the game save & update all to no avail.

It's really annoying as the Uncharted games are part of the reason i now have all 3 of the next gen consoles.

Current generation consoles you mean.

Anyway, how old is your PS3? What SKU is it? Is this the only problem you're having with it?

Current generation consoles you mean.

Anyway, how old is your PS3? What SKU is it? Is this the only problem you're having with it?

Yep Current Gen lol. It's 3mths old & thats the only problem. Just wondered if Drakes fortune was well known for being buggy ?? It only does it now & again but when it does it takes ages & a lot of restarts to get through it especially during the early chapters. It hasn't done it since i posted on here lol.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!