• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

The Assasin's Creed + Dark Knight deal is gone :( i ordered one though.

On the other hand they now have:

COD: MW2. Hardened Edition £40. Includes small couple of pages Artbook, Steelcase and Voucher for COD1. Good deal now imo. I got ripped lol. Same price as standard for some reason so hurry.

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDEO%20GAMES/PS3CA08-Call%20Of%20Duty%20Modern%20Warfare%202%20Hardened%20Edition.html

Tekken 6 Special Editon: £44.95. Excellent special edition. With 100 page large A4 sized artbook. Massive poster(gignormous more like) and Hoodie. Hoodie is good quality. IMO great special edition and great game especially after the online patch.

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDEO%20GAMES/PS3TE04-Tekken%206%20Limited%20Edition.html

Tekken 6 standard is also discounted.

Keep an eye out as there are superb sales nowadays.

can you use EU PSN or will I have to use my US one?

nevermind its just an email submission at this point having entered.

If its anything like the Bad Company 2 beta, you just have to use your US PSN account to download it, but you can still play it on your EU PSN account. If that makes sense.

Bordering on 'epic' status in my new PS£ fail. Earlier was on BFBC2 beta with a friend, handed the controller over so that they could have a go then bang, system turned off, and the system light started flashing red. So I turn it back on try to message someone, then it turned off again with the flashing red light.

I tried it once more and this didn't happen, so I left it off for a few hours and just turned it on again and luckily no problem.

However I have found that it was the 'red light of death' problem where they can't actually turn their systems on, and it lead to people getting fixes from Sony. Apparently it might be due to Hard discs over-heating, which may be true because most of the time I just leave the system on for messaging and whatnot, I hadn't really played on it until battlefield.

I now don't know what to do. If I continue using it, it may just get the red light problem but this time permanent. If I leave it I won't be able to use it obviously. My 3 month fix warranty is probably really close to the end (If it's finished that would be the epic loss) so either I hope it doesn't fault again, I send it to Sony hoping they find something wrong with it, or I follow some uncertain advice and replace the HDD with a new one (for that I just need a 40gb external).

Argh I'm bricking it. If I'm forced to shell out more for a fix I may just unleash a giant enemy crab on Kaz.

It's just the sheer money consumption. I've given Sony a lot of my frickin' money and I expect my system to work. Paying £100 for a fix feels so dumb, especially because a 3 month warranty is bloody minimal for that amount.

And this is more than skipping a beat because I know it's a serious issue that may be the end of the system's life.

Good news thankfully. Turned the sytem on this morning, working fine, so I just put all of my important save data on a memory stick, then it turned off suddenly and the red light reared its head. So I called Sony, turns out it is in the warranty and they'll do a swap for a refurb (with new black casing) at my Gmas address.

Now for some help. I backed up my system's data onto my 250gb HDD before the firmware 3.00 update. So once I get this refurb will I not be able to put the data onto the 40gb from the 250gb?

I think my saves and stuff will have to be sacrificed. Don't think I'll be able to restore the data from my current 40gb HDD to my 250gb because of the red light problem.

Now for some help. I backed up my system's data onto my 250gb HDD before the firmware 3.00 update. So once I get this refurb will I not be able to put the data onto the 40gb from the 250gb?

Well some saves will not be transferable because they might be locked to your broken PS3.

If you mean, they might not be transferable because you backed it up before firmware 3.00 came out, I don't think that will be a problem.

The firmware isn't saved to the HDD, it's saved to the NAND flash in the PS3 itself.

Sorry if I've misunderstood you.

You can get the official Sony headset for under £20 if you shop around. And if that isn't what you constitute as "cheap" then look at it this way: if you don't invest in a good quality unit you're going to end up sounding like a Birds Eye Potato Waffle.

Well some saves will not be transferable because they might be locked to your broken PS3.

If you mean, they might not be transferable because you backed it up before firmware 3.00 came out, I don't think that will be a problem.

The firmware isn't saved to the HDD, it's saved to the NAND flash in the PS3 itself.

Sorry if I've misunderstood you.

Ah OK I think that's cleared things up a bit. I have heard some stuff is system locked (like Killzone which wouldn't let me copy my save).

Wow Dwarf, you have some luck with your PS3's.

It must be because I'm a bad person.

You can get the official Sony headset for under £20 if you shop around. And if that isn't what you constitute as "cheap" then look at it this way: if you don't invest in a good quality unit you're going to end up sounding like a Birds Eye Potato Waffle.

He will be waffley versatile then.