Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

You should give Sony and ring to try and feel things out, see if they'll fix you up for free despite being out of warranty. Make sure you don't give them a machine number or anything, though, because if it sounds like they're going to charge you'd be better off making an excuse to hang up and signing up to Continuous Play. Wait a week or so, make your claim and voila, a much cheaper refurbishment.

I find it odd you can't play demos, though. It might be an idea to have a look at the Recovery Menu before splashing cash about as it might just be a software thing.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't jump the gun guys! Restore solves EVERYTHING!

It happened to me where I turned it off at the back too many times, and restore sorts out the HDD. They'll probably tell you to do a restore if you ring anyway.

You should give Sony and ring to try and feel things out, see if they'll fix you up for free despite being out of warranty. Make sure you don't give them a machine number or anything, though, because if it sounds like they're going to charge you'd be better off making an excuse to hang up and signing up to Continuous Play. Wait a week or so, make your claim and voila, a much cheaper refurbishment.

I find it odd you can't play demos, though. It might be an idea to have a look at the Recovery Menu before splashing cash about as it might just be a software thing.

Don't jump the gun guys! Restore solves EVERYTHING!

It happened to me where I turned it off at the back too many times, and restore sorts out the HDD. They'll probably tell you to do a restore if you ring anyway.

Listen to these guys.

lol. hdd errors can happen alot. PS3 is fussy about them though.

I only got half way in GTA before getting bored. I thought I'd give it another go after the trophy patch came out but there there's about a 3 day tutorial at the beginning of the game which killed it instantly. It's just dumb.

Play Infamous. It has better gameplay, more fun etc. surprisingly.

Got one more trophy to get to complete all the single player ones on GTA and it's that damn Pidgeon collecting one. Collected 100 today but it's destroying my brain, so the next 100 will have to wait until tomorrow.

Completed Valkyria Chronicles earlier. Loved every minute of it, plus the fighting was spot on. Crazy how one battle could take half an hour to complete, and if you managed to not have any CP left over and you've left your tank with it's power core wide open to a tank attack it'll take you another half an hour to complete...

I had a bit of trouble with my PS3 today, the game froze while playing FIFA, which resulted in me having to turn it off via the switch on the back. When I'd turned it back on, none of the game i put in were registering, by this point i thought it was knackered. I tried a DVD later on and that seemed to work, so I tried a game again which also worked. I have no idea what had happened, but it seems to be fine now. *Crosses fingers*

I don't know how but sometimes the PS3 just fixes itself. Like if I can stops working or something if you turn it off and put it back in or play another disc first then it fixes. I've not had many incidents where it has gone faulty though, it's almost as reliable as my Cube, which never once froze.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!