• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Well no news yet on GT5 :red:

They are probably working on the Wipeout HD trick for getting true 1080p running better. Prologue was most excellent though besides the only randoms online mode. Its wierd how GT just keeps growing the gap over other racing games.

http://www.gtplanet.net/ have tons of updates including new tracks they are working on. So obviously plenty of progess is being made.

I am curious. I have an order for RE5 on a website. I preordered this ages ago with another game. However due to some error i think RE5 and the other game were discounted half price. Do you think this will hold?

If it's just a handful of people affected, they'll most likely honour the order out of "good faith". If it was a misprice which a large group took advantage of they're more likely to crackdown, although the likelihood seems to be inversely proportional to size of the company; the likes of Amazon and GAME are far more prone to take the hit than a smaller retailer.

If they are going to cancel your order it'll happen when its due to be processed which should be sometime Wednesday, so worst case scenario you should have time to order from somewhere else in time for a Friday delivery.

If it's just a handful of people affected, they'll most likely honour the order out of "good faith". If it was a misprice which a large group took advantage of they're more likely to crackdown, although the likelihood seems to be inversely proportional to size of the company; the likes of Amazon and GAME are far more prone to take the hit than a smaller retailer.

If they are going to cancel your order it'll happen when its due to be processed which should be sometime Wednesday, so worst case scenario you should have time to order from somewhere else in time for a Friday delivery.

Excellent. Will try my luck.

A new Department of Health advert shows a child holding what appears to be a PlayStation 3 Sixaxis pad and bears the unequivocal warning “RISK AN EARLY DEATH. JUST DO NOTHING”. Shocked? You surely should be…

Further cementing the apparent link between videogames and a premature demise - i.e. yours! - the ad is backed by the heavyweight likes of The British Heart Foundation, Cancer Research and Diabetes UK. So there must be something in it, right?

Well, British society, if we’re to believe the scaremongering tabloid reports, stands on the verge of an obesity epidemic, with all the associated health risks bound therein. However, the last time we looked videogames were not to blame. At the very least not exclusively.

After all, the advert might have been more appropriate if it showed a family parked slack-jawed in front of the telly, as many millions are every night of the week - and have been doing long before games ever came to prominence. But that’s just not as emotive or sensational, is it?

Nope. Games, in spite of the great strides the industry has made to get its consumers, singing, dancing, exercising and flexing their grey matter, are an easy target, plain and simple. And now it appears playing them could lead to some properly life-threatening diseases!

The UK games industry has rallied to its own defence, with trade magazine MCV lodging an official complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority, and Sony stating that they are considering legal action, but it remains to be seen whether it’ll change any deeper-held prejudices. Put another way, we doubt it’s the last time we’ll see games scapegoated like this.

That’s our tuppence worth, although you could say that we’re prejudiced too. But what’s your opinion - are games a key part of a very real problem or, with titles like Wii Fit and Brain Training enjoying massive success, a crucial component of a possible solution?

uk.videogames.games

I think my PS3 is breaking again. It couldn't start up the BluRay Cloverfield, not necessarily a bad thing, a couple times and started jibbering at the end credits...

I really hope it doesn't break for the third time...

Konami Hiring for New Metal Gear Titles

Posted on Friday, the job listing states that Konami is hiring a large number of staff for "new developments" in the Metal Gear series. The listing makes mention of both mobile and consumer entries (consumer refers to consoles and portables rather than PC, arcades, and mobile devices).

Metal Gear isn't all Konami is working on, though. The recruitment page also asks for programmers who will work on Winning Eleven, Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball, Bemani, new online game content, and pachislot machines.

I think my PS3 is breaking again. It couldn't start up the BluRay Cloverfield, not necessarily a bad thing, a couple times and started jibbering at the end credits...

I really hope it doesn't break for the third time...

Only a matter of time.

Could be the disk though if everything else is fine.

Only a matter of time.

Could be the disk though if everything else is fine.

The film played perfectly bar starting up, which took a couple times, and the credits.

Games seem alright.

If this goes for the third time, and it is out of warranty this month I'm just going to go livid. I might actually just sell it and stop playing games. 3 PS3s is ridiculous. I've known people who have dropped the damn thing down some stairs and it's worked fine.

Daft, I think we both know that you don't want to sell it, and you know that you'd miss it quite a lot.

Has it been 3 seperate PS3s? If not then maybe it's beyond repair. That or you should stop putting burgers in it.

Daft, I think we both know that you don't want to sell it, and you know that you'd miss it quite a lot.

Has it been 3 seperate PS3s? If not then maybe it's beyond repair. That or you should stop putting burgers in it.

I might not sell it but it'll be boxed, just like the Wii. My 360 rarely gets played, not out of any big reason, it's just a bit of a clumsy console that I'm not into at the moment.

They replaced the first one and fixed the second one.

I've actually been looking to pack up my consoles but, like Facebook, they are hard to avoid when they are just there.

Strike 3 and it is out of here.

The only thing I desperately want to play is Heavy Rain.

LoveFilm are sending me a couple BluRays tomorrow. I'll put it to the test then. I'm kind of hoping it breaks because it is about two weeks until the end of the warranty and I want to shout at Sony.

The film played perfectly bar starting up, which took a couple times, and the credits.

Games seem alright.

If this goes for the third time, and it is out of warranty this month I'm just going to go livid. I might actually just sell it and stop playing games. 3 PS3s is ridiculous. I've known people who have dropped the damn thing down some stairs and it's worked fine. COLOR]

Well unlucky. See how it turns out. But if anything is fishy, call Sony. Try other disks and see how it goes. Make sure you clean disks from Lovefilm before using them.

Movie startup could have been a BD Live error which has happened on some releases as servers get overloaded or internet is messed up... Credits doesnt sound promising though unless you were trying to access BD live features.

Bear in mind repairs of Blu Ray drives tend to be free outside of warranty since they ussualy are simple to fix.

Edited by Choze

Yeah, next time I get an error message, I'm calling Sony.

The disk was spotless. I always check before putting them in my PS3.

A couple things happened with the start up. When I first put it in it looks like it loads but the screen just stays dark. Then I eject and try again and I get some kind of 90024....blah error saying it can't be read. I put it in a third or a fourth time and it seems to play fine.

The credits was weird. I just left them rolling because I was off doing something else and it pauses for about 2 or 3 seconds and then jumps to where it should have been, sound and all.

I'll try out a game tonight.

Last two times it broke, one was when I was playing Soul Calibur IV and it froze when I completed the arcade mode. The second time it broke was when I paused The Incredible Hulk Blu-Ray for a couple minutes.

It really is a load of crap. I can only take so much.

Yeah, next time I get an error message, I'm calling Sony.

The disk was spotless. I always check before putting them in my PS3.

A couple things happened with the start up. When I first put it in it looks like it loads but the screen just stays dark. Then I eject and try again and I get some kind of 90024....blah error saying it can't be read. I put it in a third or a fourth time and it seems to play fine.

The credits was weird. I just left them rolling because I was off doing something else and it pauses for about 2 or 3 seconds and then jumps to where it should have been, sound and all.

I'll try out a game tonight.

Last two times it broke, one was when I was playing Soul Calibur IV and it froze when I completed the arcade mode. The second time it broke was when I paused The Incredible Hulk Blu-Ray for a couple minutes.

It really is a load of crap. I can only take so much.

Yeah tell Sony to fix it properly! Go for it. Doubt its a chipset issue. Tell them what happens obviously and that 3rd time is abit much, so have a thorough look at it etc.

Yeah, they told me last time that they might be able to do something for me if it breaks a third time. They've had me logged about 5 or 6 times now because they forgot to transfer my SingStar rights for about a month and then I called because my controller broke.

I look after the thing so damn well and it just keep crapping up in one way or another.

I'm kind of hoping it does break now. I want to have a go at Sony.

Yeah, they told me last time that they might be able to do something for me if it breaks a third time. They've had me logged about 5 or 6 times now because they forgot to transfer my SingStar rights for about a month and then I called because my controller broke.

I look after the thing so damn well and it just keep crapping up in one way or another.

I'm kind of hoping it does break now. I want to have a go at Sony.

Give them a ring as soon as you get the chance and tell them you've had constant problems. I am guessing you may have to deactivate if they change your console? On the other hand Blu Ray drive issues are easily fixed.

BTW a ton of good games out this week. RE5, Madworld, Persona 4. I will be very very busy. Persona 4 will probably break my KZ2 addiction.

Edited by Choze

Give them a ring as soon as you get the chance and tell them you've had constant problems. I am guessing you may have to deactivate if they change your console? On the other hand Blu Ray drive issues are easily fixed.

BTW a ton of good games out this week. RE5, Madworld, Persona 4. I will be very very busy. Persona 4 will probably break my KZ2 addiction.

Football on tonight so I'll try it out tomorrow. I always deactivate the console when I send it off. Did it the first time, the second time, I'm not going to forget the third time. Hopfully it is just the Blu-Ray. I wonder if Cloverfield has had these issues before...

Not interested in those games...with the exception of Persona 4, which you can all thank me for adding to it's absolute brilliance. :heh:

Exactly.

Football on tonight so I'll try it out tomorrow. I always deactivate the console when I send it off. Did it the first time, the second time, I'm not going to forget the third time. Hopfully it is just the Blu-Ray. I wonder if Cloverfield has had these issues before...

Not interested in those games...with the exception of Persona 4, which you can all thank me for adding to it's absolute brilliance. :heh:

I think its the PS3. Or just say that to them. It shouldnt be happening either way.

Persona 4 i cant wait. Persona 3 was addictive. Would be a nice change to all the violent games.

Edited by Choze

IGN reviews Resistance Retribution.

9.0 Presentation

The movies, dialogue, and Grayson journals connect you to this character in a way that makes you cheer for him. The setup is a lot like the last Syphon Filter, but it's still great.

7.5 Graphics

The CGI movies look great, but everything else is your standard definition for "good" on the PSP. The scope is big and the enemies are varied, but I never felt impressed.

9.5 Sound

Man, the orchestra is out of this world. When you're battling a gigantic Titan and the music kicks up, you can't help but get excited. The voices are great, too.

9.0 Gameplay

The weapons are fun, the ease of cover is great, and it's a wonderful ride. I wished it could've been more challenging at points, but the online and replay options help that issue.

9.5 Lasting Appeal

There are three ways to play the solo story, Skill Points to unlock, Intel to find, 12 multiplayer ranks to achieve, and 22 multiplayer medals. That's incredible.

Overall 9.2

Edited by Hero-of-Time