Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Or Play.com have just second-guessed the date, they do that from time-to-time.

In fact I just checked it, mostly any games that are coming out on the Friday they have in-stock by the Wednesday, this isn't, also the artwork says 'subject to change' and it's not even rated yet apparently, so yeah it'll be a little while yet I reckon.

Ah right....

*Shakes fist at Play.com*

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I wouldn't worry about it, mine did it at one stage but it doesn't anymore. Now it's very quiet.

On the HD TV is it good to have PS upscaler turned on? I heard it has a significant effect on the visuals but can't remember if it was better on or off. Plus are there any other options that can make it look better?

And I swear when I played Killzone 2 demo yesterday it looked much better. Today it changed the display to 720p automatically but I thought it was 1020p yesterday.

I will add you to my friends list if thats ok?

Thanks for adding me, and thanks to Deathjam too.

Either of you two play FIFA? I should be getting that soon.

I'm not sure if the internet that I have at my uni place is good enough to play online, it connects the PSN and lets me download stuff but the connection is mega slow.

I'm not sure if the internet that I have at my uni place is good enough to play online, it connects the PSN and lets me download stuff but the connection is mega slow.

No problemo. I am very proud of my growing PSN friends list. Also yeah I play FIFA but damn is it so much harder to play than PES, but I love it much more for that fact if im honest. So damn deep too. Oh and get burnout! awesome awesome game.

I can't stop watching the Escapist video reviews. The guy completely nails many points about videogames that you forget to write about or semi-ignore. It makes me realise that I sometimes big up games or features in games which are actually poor just for the sake of feeling good about buying it.

It's hilarious, the cartoon stuff is clever and yet it doesn't stop me from disliking the games.

This Tomb Raider one is one of the best I've seen him do yet:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/502-Tomb-Raider-Underworld

The Saints Row 2 one is also good, and agrees with a lot of what Daft wrote in his 'review'.

Pro Evo for me I'm afraid.

DeathJamm is right, Burnout Paradise is awesome, I play a lot of CoD4 too.

My PS3 always seems to download really slow compared to my 360 but the online play on PS3 is fine. Just have to give it a try with a game and see how it goes.

I will send you a friend request when i'm next online. I mainly play burnout and CoD4 on my PS3 but will have killzone 2 at the end of the month.

Just popped in the 320gb hard drive which just arrived to my PS3. Restoring my backed up data right now should take about an hour.

Just ordered an enclosure for my old 80gb drive - will be great for storing media on.

Great forward thinking by Sony making hard drive upgrades so easy - I'm chuffed to bits!

:bouncy:

What's Flower like Daft, I see you have been playing it?

It's really chilled and enjoyable. It looks amazing.

It's hard to describe beyond that. A must buy though.

I found a flow cave painting while I was flying around. :p

Can't wait to see what other people make of it.

Flower is a stunning game.

A beautiful game, really relaxing. I got really into it acting like a child would be like playing with a toy plane, making whooshing noises myself as I titled the controller.

I've done 2 levels now, I didn't even think it would have had anything beneath flying around and collecting petals but it does.

Gem of a game.

Sony announced plans to release hybrid Blu-ray disc that contains both Blu-ray video and PlayStation 3 software. Director of PS3 hardware marketing said a lot of developers are looking to offer an entire movie and PS3 game on the same disc, and PSP would also factor into the proceedings, such as allowing to download and watch the film on PSP. Sony expects to have around 3 titles to ship in this new format this year.

I wondered why they didnt do this for SFIV.....also...

- EA announced GI Joe will be coming to PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, PSP and NDS in August 2008, which will based on an upcoming movie GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra from Paramount Pictures and Spyglass Entertainment. The game will have 12 playable characters and 2 player co-op mode.

:eek: Now if they can hook me up with Thundercats and Voltron, my childhood trinity will be complete

It also happened to my friend on the main store. Not sure how he fixed it...maybe best to give Sony a quick call.

Heh, turns out I didn't have enough cash in my current account. I looked at my balance earlier and it was around £80, but upon closer inspection the available balance was nearer £4; I guess everyone decided to take money from me today.

That said I'm not entirely sure that was the problem as if I try to enter my card details it claims they're invalid. They definitely are, but it's a bit of a moot point as apparently I'm locked out of adding funds for 24 hours anyway due to having more than four failed attempts. No Flower for me, it seems.