Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Apparently the PS3 version runs smoother and next to no loading once the games installed. PS3 version for me as my 360 is packed away.

I have once again got addicted to Monster Hunter on the PSP. I have been on it near enough 11 hours straight today. I finally got the Devil Slicer and full Ceanataur armour. I figure this is over everyones head but I dont care :)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I have once again got addicted to Monster Hunter on the PSP. I have been on it near enough 11 hours straight today. I finally got the Devil Slicer and full Ceanataur armour. I figure this is over everyones head but I dont care :)

Is it actually a good game then? Because - http://uk.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/monsterhunterportable2nd/index.html?tag=result;title;0

Oh dear me!

The MH series are marmite games, either you love them to bits or you just plain hate them. Personally, I cant get enough of them and its just a shame they dont do that well over in the western world especially when compared to how well it sells in Japan.

When the 1st MH game arrived on the PSP in Japan I had to import it straight away. It was tough playing it in Japanese but having played the PS2 game I got the jist of it.

Guest Jordan

Well, I finished Uncharted last night.

Not the best of endings, but over all it was a fairly "good" game. Not great, i'd give it like... an 8 or something.

I bought 3 games on the PSN for £10.47: Loco Roco (which is fantastic... if short), Super Stardust HD (which is solid) and Super Rub'a'Dub (bought this after playing the trial quite abit.)

Next games wanted: Every day shooter, Warhawk at some point.

I have Ratchet coming in the next few days also.

I actually loved Uncharted. I fell in love with everything about it. It was one of the most solid action games of the year. Hell it's certainly a 9.0 game for me. I had more fun with Uncharted than what I did in Gears single player. Just a shame it was short, well a sequel will no doubt be coming, Hurrah for more Drake loving! :>

What's your score on Stardust? You like the ducks eh? :D

Guest Jordan

I'm just so used to super solid third person shooters. The lack of ammo really annoyed me and the fact that the platforming was amazing just over shadowed the 'good' shooting mechanics.

Stardust, i'm at like... 800K? Or so? I got to phase 4 on the first planet last night without dying... then died 3 times within a minute.

Rub'a'Dub is quite fun actually, a little easy and the controls a somewhat cumbersome, but fun non the less.

Not bad. I manage to get 1 mil 800k and now I can't do it again, highest after that is 900ishk. I think I manage to get some sort of huge multiplayer and just rank up the points. I also can't see to get past the first planet, lol. God darn it!

Yeah rub a dub was quite slaughtered in reviews. I think ign gave it 3.x ish. It's nowt special but it's a fun and cheap little game. certainly not that bad anyway.

Guest Jordan

I hope that Stardust Co-op addon comes out fairly soon...

Well "multiplayer"... it better be co-op.

So whats the next big exclusive PS3 game? Haze in Feb?

Stardust is already co-op. I'm sure I read it in a review that it was, it's only local co-op mind though. Not sure what the add ons will be.

Yeah I think Haze is the next exclusive PS3 game and if you like big demos, GT5 Prologue is sometime around the same period as well.

Do many people play online on there PS3's? Iv been renting a few games since i got my PS3 and sometimes its tough to find matches in things like CoD 4 >.>

The only games i own atm are uncharted, and Singstar. I bought a Bluetooth headset though and think on payday i will Download Warhawk :)

Yeah i have really enjoyed CoD4, im not great with FPS, there not really my type of game, the only FPS i have been online with before was..... PDZ on the 360. Regardless of what anyone thought i really enjoyed that game online, i never played the single player though o.O My and my GF used to go online play against my bro and his GF and have a good laugh.

Would you say that CoD 4 is worth buying just for the online play?

Would you say that CoD 4 is worth buying just for the online play?

If you're into that sort of thing, definitely. I don't know where you live, but at least in the UK you can find the game for under £30, too.

Speaking of online multi-player, anyone that owns a PS3 and has at least a passing interest in Battlefield-esque games owes it to themselves to buy Warhawk.

Sooo tempted to get that now :) My headset comes today/tommorrow so i might just get it before i get paid at the end of the month. Is it good fun?

Warhawk? I really enjoy it, and I was quite surprised as it wasn't really doing anything for me prior to its release — I bought the download version on an, "It's only £20," whim.

It's very arcadey, but when you're in the thick of it I've never felt like I'm playing a war game so much. Climbing a sniper tower with anti-aircraft fire booming overhead, Warhawks screaming across the skies, and fiery debris raining from the down gets me every time. There's also an expansion pack out now that adds a dropship, and the sound of that thing rolling across the skies is amazing.

In fact here's the trailer for the expansion pack. If that at all interests you then I suggest you get your wallet out.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!