• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Films and games. I called up and apparently I need the original HHD in it if I send it off...which is going to be tricky since it's probably in storage while I move for a month.... This couldn't have come at a worse time.....

They said a system restore might work.... I somehow doubt it....

Films and games. I called up and apparently I need the original HHD in it if I send it off...which is going to be tricky since it's probably in storage while I move for a month.... This couldn't have come at a worse time.....

They said a system restore might work.... I somehow doubt it....

Shit! Do u know what could have caused it? Or is it just one of them 'things' that happens?

Shit! Do u know what could have caused it? Or is it just one of them 'things' that happens?

I moved house but to be honest I had the PS3 with me all the time and was so careful with it.

It started working again for a bit and then died.

Could be a job for a lens cleaner? Might have gathered a lot of dust whilst moving around?

I did the dust blowing thing where you switch on the PS3 while holding eject, a couple time and nothing.

It's also telling me a full format will take, 18 hours and 30 minutes.....

They are sending a refurb on Thursday....

That's pretty quick to be fair but I don't want a crappy refurb, I want my PS3 to work!!

I've only had it 6 months, what the hell am I going to do when the guarantee runs out.

God, I hate this generation. The only console that's still working is my Wii and that probably because it has less power than a pocket calculator and I haven't switched it on in months....

I thought you weren't meant to do that eject + on button thing. I thought that was bad for the system...

Really? I thought it just got rid of the dust?

Why the hell did they put it in there? :confused:

Doesn't matter any way, this one is getting replaced.

Now I have to take a day off work, take out my bloody HDD (I hate those fucking screws) and then wait all of Thursday at home...

At least they are being quick about it, took 2-3 weeks to replace my 360. I'll have a working PS3 on Thursday.

Really? I thought it just got rid of the dust?

Why the hell did they put it in there? :confused:

Doesn't matter any way, this one is getting replaced.

Now I have to take a day off work, take out my bloody HDD (I hate those fucking screws) and then wait all of Thursday at home...

At least they are being quick about it, took 2-3 weeks to replace my 360. I'll have a working PS3 on Thursday.

I think you have to format the HDD when you put it in a new machine so backup your saves on a USB stick.

Coverage from various JP blogs on the various games at the SQUARE ENIX DKΣ3713 show:

Dissidia: Onion Knight is voiced by Jun Fukuyama, Cloud of Darkness is Masako Ikeda and Kefka is Shigeru Chiba. There appears to be a chessboard looking system, in the new trailer but it is unclear if this is an intermission mechanic between stages or if it is something similar to the Sphere and Licence grid systems. Might be more of the latter. Sephiroth is also seen in the realtime ingame engine for the first time. Golbez and Exdeath show up at the end and don't have any game or story scenes in the trailer. The demo on the show floor has Warrior of Light, Garland, Onion Knight, Tidus, Squall and Zidane as playable characters. When playing as Tidus, the Otherworld BGM is used. When you win a battle in Dissidia, you appear to gain equipment items, so although there is no equipment menu in the demo it's probably a part of the game.

The 3rd Birthday: The trailer starts with footage from both PE and PE2. There isn't much information on the actual trailer, so it's probably just CG footage from the wedding scene along with catch phrases and voice overs. It's the first trailer on the trailer reel, so maybe people just weren't paying much attention at firstl. It's definitely a continuation of PE and PE2 though, since the first two games are actually acknowledged in the trailer now.

Sigma Harmonics: Nothing new in the trailer, game's coming out this month anyway. The soundtrack (including Hirano Aya's theme song) will be out on 24th Sept for 2500yen.

FFVIIACC: 30 mins of new footage and other reedit/cleanups.

The only important thing is that it's going to come with the FFXIII demo.

KH Coded: This is a cellphone game which isn't being moved to DS or PSP at this time so I doubt anyone cares. Coming out in Winter 2008.

KH DS: The biggest new part of the trailer is actual footage of the new 14th member of the OrgXIII. It's a girl named Shion , and she looks and sounds a lot like Kairi.The BGM used is The Other Promise. Coming this Winter.

KH PSP: The trailer seems to confirm that Snow White will also be in the game in addition to Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. The trailer ends with Aqua facing off with Maleficent in Dragon form. The BGM in the trailer is Fate of the Unknown. The demo had two chapters modes, the Terra one is set in Enchanted Kingdom (Sleeping Beauty?) while the Ventus chapter is Castle of Dreams (Cinderella?). The new enemies in BbS are called Unbirths. The Terra boss is Wheel Master, and the Ventus boss is Lucifer. Controls like KH on PS2 except with a power bar you can build up for specials.

FFXIII: There was actual gameplay footage being shown outside of the trailer, and it's basically Lightning running around in a field. The design is said to be very much like FFXII but enhanced, which probably means it's wide open spaces and the camera is more of a third person camera rather than the fixed position overhead camera from FFX. There are no battles in the footage, so this does not mean anything as far as encounters and battles go, just field stuff. The game also uses the 3D world a lot more naturally, like Lightning and her companions being able to jump twice their height, and there also appear to be a rolling move.

FFVersusXIII: The realtime footage shown is also test field movement footage. There's a scene outside the church, Olympus Collossium and a mountain path. Aside from the normal action movements, Versus also seems to have the Zero Shift ability from ZoE2, where you can jump and teleport forward quickly.

FFAgitoXIII: Another ambitious cellphone project that has been moved to the PSP. No cellphone or mobile info in sight, but it's for PSP now. The new trailer has more realtime footage and it looks much better than from last year apparently. The game is still the same as before, it's a school setting with themes of war and fantasy at the same time. Odin is shown in the trailer, and the game also seems to be going for a more action RPG system now instead of previously planned command based system. There've been speculation that this could very well be what S-E will use as their Monster Hunter Portable killer under the FFXIII branding now.

Looking to get me one of these around the time when the 80GB comes out.

Damn Blu-Ray has persuaded me XD

Same! that and free online!

I didn't really think there were all that many games I would want for the PS3, so I made a list and as it turns out, there are!...

Little Big Planet

Sonic World Adventure

F1 ’09

Resi 5

Mirrors Edge

COD4

Killzone 2

Far Cry 2

Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Half Life 2: Orange Box

Ghostbusters

God of War III

Metal Gear Solid 4

Tomb Raider Underworld

Guitar Hero

Rock Band

M.A.G.

GRID

Uncharted

Ratchet & Clank

Gutted for u daft! Sounds like good service though if ur getting a replacement so soon...

Yeah, I'm pleased. I'm just praying it doesn't happen again...

...sod load of good that'll do.

Edit: I have 3 messages of condolence on Facebook due to my PS3's failure.... Weird... It's like someone's died.

Yeah, I'm pleased. I'm just praying it doesn't happen again...

...sod load of good that'll do.

Edit: I have 3 messages of condolence on Facebook due to my PS3's failure.... Weird... It's like someone's died.

lol, well its not very common for a PS3 to 'die'.

We all feel for ur loss ;)

lol, well its not very common for a PS3 to 'die'.

We all feel for ur loss ;)

lol, I am genuinely quite sad I'm having to exchange it... It's helped me through some tough times.

The worst thing is I have this nagging feeling it's going to happen again.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!