NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I'm gonna buy the Essentials and play through them all again before 4 gets here, wonder what they will look like in 1080i upscaled, hmm.

Already got MGS1 on psx like, MGS2 SUB on Xbox and Snake Eater on PS2, but MGS2 sub has more than the Xbox one did and MGS3 Sub I don't have. It's only £17 for the boxset too. :D

I've played and finished:

MGS: TTS

MGS on the GBC

MGS2 (well... mostly finished)

Played:

MG: Acid 1

MGS1 (PC)

Never played:

MGS3

MG Acid 2

MGS PO

I've seen MGS2 being played, and I've basically been told the story by a friend. It would be nice to play it though.

*joins in*

Finished:

MGS

MGS Twin Snakes

MGS2: Sub

MGS3: Snake Eater

Need to finish the others. :(

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Just finished God of War: Chains of Olympus! Awesome game! :D Now I've got to wait for number 3! oh god OH GOD!

I purchased Metal Gear Essential Collection last night, can't wait for it to arrive :smile: it'll be nice to play through the first two again with extras and play 3 for the first time before 4 comes out. ^^

I purchased Metal Gear Essential Collection last night, can't wait for it to arrive :smile: it'll be nice to play through the first two again with extras and play 3 for the first time before 4 comes out. ^^

Does the essential collection work on PAL 40Gb PS3s? If so do you know if I import it from America whether it'll work or not? I know the PS3 is region free but these aren't exactly PS3 games. (Sorry if those are obvious and stupid questions!)

The 40GB doesn't even have the capability to play PS2 games does it not? It's only the 60GB that can do it so there's no point in even going on after this.

The 40GB doesn't even have the capability to play PS2 games does it not? It's only the 60GB that can do it so there's no point in even going on after this.
No the 40GB doesn't play PS2 games for the 500th time.

Haha, I thought the essential collection had been adapted or something funky like that...sorry! :heh:

So if I was to buy a PS3 Jak and Daxter would work yeah? I love that game.

So if I was to buy a PS3 Jak and Daxter would work yeah? I love that game.

Only the first 499 times you play it.

Atlus today revealed some initial details regarding Persona 4 for PlayStation 2. The development team is aiming to create an RPG and a suspense drama at the same time. The game will be a completely new game with a new story and setting. Compared to 2006's Persona 3, the newest series installment will feature more possible endings and a size 1.5 times larger than its prequel. This should translate to 60 or 70 hours of play time. Changing weather has also been added. Weather effects will play an important role in the game, as murders for instance will happen during foggy weather. Players will be able to summon more than 180 different Persona. The game's protagonist is a second year high school student living in a provincial city. His parents are working abroad, hence he is living with relatives of his mother. Two of the protagonist's classmates are Yousuke Hanamura and Chie Satonaka. The former is quite a show-off, but still has very few friends whom he can talk to frankly. The latter is a lively and sociable young lady who loves to chat.

- Trailer on DVD

- July 10th release

- 85% Complete

- Looks like Persona 3 but better

- 180+ Personas

- Hashino is directing, Soejima is art director and character designer, Meguro is composing

- Takes place in the countryside, a more nostalgic environment

- The theme is murder mystery/suspense, it's a mystery thriller with twists and turns

- Multiple endings

- 1.5x the size of P3

- 60-70 hours

- There is a weather forecast system, and whenever there is a fog, a murder occurs

6739520080318_120233_3_big.jpg

6739520080318_120231_0_big.jpg

6739520080318_120232_1_big.jpg

6739520080318_120233_2_big.jpg

6739520080318_120234_4_big.jpg

Metal Gear Solid 4 as a premium pack with a PS3 in Japan. According to the latest Famitsu should be at the console in this bundle is a special model in the color 'Steel' and contains the 3-Dual Shock controller.

mgs42od1.jpg

Stefkov already posted that. Anyways that PS3 is such a nice colour, one of the nicest consoles i've ever seen.

I am considering buying a new 40GB PS3 next Friday for £240 but am not entire sure whether or not I should considering I already have a Wii and Xbox 360. Any advice or information you lot could give me on whether it is a worthy purchase. This year does look good for the PS3 but I don't want to buy on speculation alone.

This year does look good for the PS3 but I don't want to buy on speculation alone.

Then buy one later in the year. The deals are only going to get better, and you won't be buying the machine for games that aren't out yet.

I know you were probably asking in the hope we'd give you an excuse to buy one, but I'm afraid I'm too honest for that. Don't get me wrong, the PS3 is fast becoming my console of choice. However, if you have misgivings then it won't do you any harm to wait it out.

Whats this weeks PSN update?

PAIN (Plus extra characters) £4.99, 69p per extra

Motorstorm 2 trailer

Strangehold map pack £9.99

Hiya I'm gonna get my PSP tommorow. I've settled on a white one, hopefully I don't get a change of heart in the store. Anyway I was wondering if the PSP Slim comes with a pouch or case? Also, will I have to buy a memory stick duo tomorrow or will the on board memory last me a while. Thanks