NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Wait so Plasma is considered better for TV and LCD for gaming?

Plasma is certainly better for TV, much nicer picture, more natural warmer and closer to CRT in terms of quality. Gaming its a bit of a grey area to be honest, source is usually better so the crapness of LCD won't show through as much. Also I think a lot is down to as there's a much lower risk of burn in its considered a much safer option than using a plasma what with HUD's, title screena and static images showing up all over the show. Although its closer with games I'd still say Plasma will give a better picture, you just have to take a bit more care with it.

Hmm Idk if this helps but it might...

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6148616/p-2.html

if it doesn't the only other way I could think of, off the top of my head, would be if you had a new PSP (the one that lets you connect via component or something?) and connect that to a TV capture card, then capture the footage via some generic capture software? :confused:

If any of that makes sense I'll be amazed but it's the best i can think of off the top of my head. :smile:

Thanks for the help, Im checking that out right now.

Lots of gimps actually. Nothing wrong with buying a plasma tv, espcially if you don't watch tv very much and would rather game instead. :indeed:

No, LCD's are much better for gaming as Plasmas are terrible for burn in. :indeed:

I wouldn't say "terrible" but i find that LCD's do have much better colour depth and sharpness.

Voltage regulator for my USA PS3 came today, works great :smile: just watched a trailer on the blu ray that came with it, looks nice, booted up Motorstorm, wasn't impressed, gonna trade it in against Uncharted today.

Just booted up Ninja Gaiden Sigma, I already have Ninja Gaiden Black (essentially the same game but with less) anyways, that I like very much. ^^

Overall looks and sounds pretty nice though I'll be looking forward to hooking it up with a HDMI 1.3a lead which should arrive tomorrow (using optical and hdmi cable from 360 atm) but so far I quite like the machine overall.

I'm selling a copy of Assassin's Creed on the bargains board if anyone is interested. As a side note is Ninja Gaiden Sigma really as hard as people say? I never bought it on Xbox because the supposed extreme difficulty level put me off a bit but I've seen NGS for £24.97 @ Tesco and I'm really tempted to get it but not if its too hard cause I know I'll end up getting frustrated with it. Cheers in advance.

I'm selling a copy of Assassin's Creed on the bargains board if anyone is interested. As a side note is Ninja Gaiden Sigma really as hard as people say? I never bought it on Xbox because the supposed extreme difficulty level put me off a bit but I've seen NGS for £24.97 @ Tesco and I'm really tempted to get it but not if its too hard cause I know I'll end up getting frustrated with it. Cheers in advance.

Yeah it's moderately hard to be honest! Great game though!

I'm having fun playing the first ever Ratchet and Clank. Was only 9.99 and since I've not played any of them but the PS3 one, thought I'd get it. Probably gonna go play through them all now! :D

I'm having fun playing the first ever Ratchet and Clank. Was only 9.99 and since I've not played any of them but the PS3 one, thought I'd get it. Probably gonna go play through them all now! :D

Good man.

Have you played the PSP R&C game, Dom? Its as amazing as the rest of them and its out on the PS2 soon aswell.

GOW PSP is by far the greatest PSP game to date! I've been playing it bit by bit over the weekend and it's sensational! A huge achievement and shows what the PSP is capable off!

It's exactly like the PS2 games and the sense of scale is amazing!

Thought i let you all know! :D

Any news on the bundle with that funky red PSP??

Good man.

Have you played the PSP R&C game, Dom? Its as amazing as the rest of them and its out on the PS2 soon aswell.

Not played the PSP one, only one touched is the PS3, then I stopped playing because I liked it alot and thought I'd best play the others. So I'm gonna beat 1-4 on PS2 and get the PS2 ported version of the PSP game too. :D

Any news on the bundle with that funky red PSP??

No more news, comes out June in US, I'm waiting for VGP to put it on their website!

I downloaded Locoroco on PS3. It's so awesome! haha

I was wondering though, they call it an 'interactive screensaver' but I can't figure out if there's a way to make it auto play when I leave the ps3 for a bit. I can only run it through the games section of the XMB.

Help?

thanks!

Oh and is the PS3 going to cut its prices to match the 360 then?

Haven't you already got a PSP and a PSP slim?

Yeah i have one of every single colour, i collect em!

Your crazy you...

Did i fool you? Please say i fooled you?! I did, didn't i?! :laughing:

I have one fat psp and it's my bros, not mine!

I would like a slim one, to get TV out!

It wouldn't surprise me if you collected them to be fair.

Ok, thanks! We should meet, you maybe suprised how i am, actually! ;)

I downloaded Locoroco on PS3. It's so awesome! haha

I was wondering though, they call it an 'interactive screensaver' but I can't figure out if there's a way to make it auto play when I leave the ps3 for a bit.

As far as I'm aware you can only start it from the XMB manually. Presumably the whole 'interactive screensaver' thing was simply the PR department doing a really bad job of selling their product.

Oh that's a bit lame... Oh well.

On another note, I managed to format my external HDD to work with my PS3, but does anyone know if it's possible to transfer demos to it for safe keeping so I don't have to re-download them again?