NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Has anyone played the Super Rubbadub game or the Snakeball demo? My god i love those games! Playin them at a friends house again today!

There's loads of cheap PS3 games on ebay btw.

I purchased both! Snakeball is excellent! I don't wanna pay another £3+ to play online though, that part of it is a joke!

I purchased both! Snakeball is excellent! I don't wanna pay another £3+ to play online though, that part of it is a joke!

Legend.

Im guessing you dont think much of rubbadub? When i played it i thought 'great small burst game'.

shame about snakeball online, but when you think about it, the game's fun and you could just not buy that extra pint on friday night.

When i first thought about the motion controller for ps3 i thought 'waste'. But the most unlikeliest of games proved me wrong.

Rubbadub is much more fun than the description suggests.

Legend.

Im guessing you dont think much of rubbadub? When i played it i thought 'great small burst game'.

shame about snakeball online, but when you think about it, the game's fun and you could just not buy that extra pint on friday night.

No i love Rub 'A' Dub as well! :)

Something to get excited about guys! Threespeech has a COUNTDOWN on their webpage with the words 'A new breed of Warrior will be born', theres 4 days to go on the countdown!

Supposadely Motorstorm 2 will also be shown on Wednesday and there is some sort of Sony conference going on around that time!

Expect a new game announcement in the next few days then!

EDIT: Someone cleverly remembered that the words on the countdown are infact said in the opening sequence of Motorstorm, therefore it's most probably that the game in question is Motorstorm 2!

I played on MotorStorm and I thought it was good. I only played on a small T.V but seeing as PS3 is largely bought for graphics i wasnt too impressed. Was it a launch game?

Rubbadub is better.

Something worrying has happened to me, earlier I went through the themes and though the air paint one looked really good with the neon stuff etc. Anyways, I turned my PS3 OFF and the flowers and icons are ghosted on the black!!!! Burned in the screen!!! It's a brand new 42" Panasonic plasma!!! Does anyone know if this happens and it fades or if this is a serious problem!!!!

I think plasmas / projection tv's are the worst potentially affected with burn in. and LCD is supposed to be the most resistant, afaik, but yes it could well be a serious problem. :hmm:

Something worrying has happened to me, earlier I went through the themes and though the air paint one looked really good with the neon stuff etc. Anyways, I turned my PS3 OFF and the flowers and icons are ghosted on the black!!!! Burned in the screen!!! It's a brand new 42" Panasonic plasma!!! Does anyone know if this happens and it fades or if this is a serious problem!!!!

Plasmas are bad for this.

Well after a nauseating trip to Wal-mart im finally a proud/broke PS3 owner!

Ironically, as i was paying for it, i caught Brawl, Bully, and Dragon Quest Swords winking at me from the Wii section. Im broke and the Wii finally decides to deliver the goods :shakehead

How long before you turned it off? I mean, how long did you leave it on the PS3 menu?

Also, make sure your screen darkens after 20 minutes or so, if your not using it! I think it's in the PS3 display menu.

Anyone know the best place to pre-order the USA version of MGS4 ltd ed?

Anyone know the best place to pre-order the USA version of MGS4 ltd ed?

VGP? : peace:

Thing is though dude, if downloadable content is released for that game, which seems certain, you will have to purchase the content of the USA store because it's a US game! Theres only this entropay thing which works (an online visa company) and i'm not sure you'll be to keen on using that, and the USA PSN cards were scheduled for Q1 08 but are no-where to be seen!

I have a USA version of Warhawk and cannot buy the Omega pack! I wish i purchased the UK version now to save all the aggro!

It IS the PS3's fault!! What kind of fucking gimps designed the brightest neon front end you could imagine; I hardly left it on at all and it's still there. Maybe my TV is particularly sensitive, but its an expensive quality TV and I hold Sony completely responsible for it.

I know you'll all say I'm being ridiculous but this really does add fuel for my hatred towards them!!

How new is your TV exactly? If its brand new you should be running it in on dim settings and not putting static menus on the screen at all. You can hardly call it Sony's fault, they only offered an option - your the one that chose to use it.

It IS the PS3's fault!! What kind of fucking gimps designed the brightest neon front end you could imagine; I hardly left it on at all and it's still there. Maybe my TV is particularly sensitive, but its an expensive quality TV and I hold Sony completely responsible for it.

I know you'll all say I'm being ridiculous but this really does add fuel for my hatred towards them!!

What kind of fucking gimp buys a Plasma for gaming?

I guess if you are paying a lot of money for something you should know exactly what you're buying.

All I'm saying is that the Wii, DVD's, 360 is all fine and I've left them on their respective front ends for a lot longer than a minute or two. My first day with a PS3 and that's what happens!

What kind of fucking gimp buys a Plasma for gaming?

To be fair does anyone buy a TV purely for gaming? I doubt it. Plasma is still superior to LCD in terms of outright picture quality - and that includes gaming.

I didn't buy a plasma for gaming I bought it for everything! And don't be such a cock Caris; I know you bum Sony but don't be so defensive!

If you didn't leave the PS3 on long at all, then i would contact either Panasonic or Sony and say what the problem is!

You could blame Sony because of the theme was/is too bright for Plasmas.

OR you could blame Panasonic and say the screen burned on a image which was barely on there long enough!

You might as well give it a go, is it under warrenty?