NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Power to you Nicholas, but giving FarCry 2 a second chance is of zero worth because it's so fucking pitiful. I don't actually understand what its multiplayer team thought it was doing. Well, the whole of Ubisoft Montreal for that matter.

Finished Resistance 3 in co-op the other day, I'm not sure I can think of a better FPS campaign this generation. While not saying a whole lot, it really is paced very well and the zombie-like Grim battles make for top notch entertainment. Interested to see the new horde mode they've released as DLC.

Anybody played Rayman Origins? Really want to get that on the cheap, lowest I've seen is £15 though. I'm sure it's worth it. However, monies.

Give the demo a try. I've been considering it for a while now but yet to pick it up. It does get hard in patches and I was playing with my girlfriend who was struggling as a result although helpfully it does have a similar bubble system to New Super Mario Bros Wii. Also goes without saying how stunning the graphics are looks incredible. I ended up getting Sonic Generations when it was £8.99 on play instead but if I hadn't I would have picked Rayman I reckon.

Also yeah interested in the horde mode for R3 seem as for the most part I found the multiplayer disappointing.

Oh indeed I've tried the demo, I really liked it. As for a bubble system: Boooooo!

I a man! :P

I want to buy one of the FF games for £3.99 but I can't seem to do so without adding a minimum of £5 to my 'wallet'. Is it really not possible or am I just not looking properly?

I want to buy one of the FF games for £3.99 but I can't seem to do so without adding a minimum of £5 to my 'wallet'. Is it really not possible or am I just not looking properly?

'Fraid it's not possible. You can pay the exact amount for anything over £5, but that's the minimum charge.

Whilst I understand why such a thing exists — they don't want service charges to eat into small purchases, like themes or Home items — you'd think they could set the bar a bit lower given the standard pricing of PSOne games and minis. I suppose they have about as much reason to do so as Microsoft have to let you buy 400 points at a time; it's in their interests for you to be left with a remainder.

Damn. Looks like I won't be getting a PS3 yet as my order with Choices has been cancelled :(

Hopefully the limit will be removed. Nintendo have done away with it on the eShop and I suspect, if Microsoft do get rid of Microsoft Points (as per rumours), they'll follow suit.

Damn. Looks like I won't be getting a PS3 yet as my order with Choices has been cancelled :(

It's a sign from the gods calling you back from your misled path

Heed their warning least your credit card meet with sharpened steel

*cough* sorry just been watching Spartacus and wanted to talk all fancy and epic :heh:

If you're still looking for a cheap PS3 Morrisons have apparently dropped their console prices. The 160GB PS3 is supposed to be going for £150.

If you're still looking for a cheap PS3 Morrisons have apparently dropped their console prices. The 160GB PS3 is supposed to be going for £150.

But I was meant to pay £10 less for twice the size...

I think I'll get one from CEX. After thinking I got a PS3 I traded in a load of old games and DVDs so I have about £60 of in store credit there.

Yes you can. If I remember right just proceed through to the checkout. It will ask you if you can to add the exact funds to your wallet. I do it all the time through the PSP and Media Go.

Oh indeed I've tried the demo, I really liked it. As for a bubble system: Boooooo!

I a man! :P

Yah like I said played it with girlfriend where it comes in handy.

EDIT:

Regular PSN update not too bad on the demos front pretty poor otherwise. Gonna try out Syndicate (to see if it remotely interests me a fun of the older games) and Twisted Metal (played the PSP version and never really liked it)

PS3 Games

•Mini Ninjas (£14.99/€19.99)

•Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (£14.99/€19.99)

•Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (£17.49/€21.99)

•Under Siege (£7.99/€9.99)

PS3 Demos

•Gotham City Impostors Beta

•Pixeljunk Sidescroller Demo

•Twisted Metal Beta

•Syndicate Demo

PS3 Add-Ons

•Dead Island - Ryder White (£4.99/€9.99)

•The King of Fighters - Unlock All Icons (£1.99/€2.49)

•LittleBigPlanet - Groundhog Day Costume (Free)

•Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Animal Pack (£3.19/€3.99) - Released Friday 27th January.

•Need For Speed The Run - Italian Car Pack (£5.49/€6.99)

•SoulCalibur 5 - Downloadable Music Pack 1 (£1.59/€199), (Includes the following content, also available separately), Bravely Folk Song (£0.79/€0.99), Horangi Arirang (£0.79/€0.99), Soul and Sword (£0.79/€0.99), The Wind and Clouds (£0.79/€0.99), World Atlas Collapsed (£0.79/€0.99), Downloadable Music Pack 2 (£1.59/€199), (Includes the following content, also available separately), Chasing Downstream (£0.79/€0.99), Duelists (£0.79/€0.99), The Cursed Image (£0.79/€0.99), Unblessed Soul (£0.79/€0.99), Wing of Faith (£0.79/€0.99), Female Customization Equipment (£1.59/€1.99)

•UFC Undisputed 3 - UFC Undisputed Online Pass (£6.49/€7.99), Ultimate Fights Pack 2, Ultimate Fights Pack 3 (Price TBA)

•WWE 12 - Macho Man' Randy Savage (£0.59/€0.75), Batista (£0.59/€0.75) , Mick Foley (£0.59/€0.75), Brodus Clay (Free), WWE 12 - Kane, New Attire (Free)

Rock Band

•Rock Band 3 - Falling Away From Me - KoRn (£0.99/€1.49), Fat Lip -Sum 41 (£0.99/€1.49), Frankenstein - The Edgar Winter Group (£0.99/€1.49), Freak On A Leash - KoRn (£0.99/€1.49), Free Ride - The Edgar Winter Group (£0.99/€1.49), Head Over Heels - Tears for Fears (£0.99/€1.49), Still Waiting - Sum 41 (£0.99/€1.49)

•Rock Band Network - Strangers - Free Spirit (£0.99/€1.49), Torture - Rival Sons (£0.99/€1.49), Turn Around - Bumblefoot (£0.59/€0.79), Without Morals - Nevermore (£0.99/€1.49), Africa (Rb3 Version) - Quartered (£0.99/€1.49), Against The Wall - Ill Niño (£0.99/€1.49), Any Other Heart - Go Radio (£0.99/€1.49), California - Winds of Plague (£0.99/€1.49), El Monstro - Dance for the Dying (£0.59/€0.79), Stranger - Vangough (£0.59/€0.79), Now Or Never - Stagehands (£0.59/€0.79), Pirats 'Til We Die - Halfbrick Studios (£0.59/€0.79), Hysteria - Aiden (£0.99/€1.49), Last Chance - Tetrafusion (£0.99/€1.49)

Edited by flameboy

Did you get that FF title in the end Shorty? I am intrigued which...I'm going to say it was FFVII.

Not sure which deal you missed @Ashley, but a PS3 slim 160GB is £150 at Morrisons right now.

Pre-owned 320GB for £140

Did you get that FF title in the end Shorty? I am intrigued which...I'm going to say it was FFVII.

I did and your guess was right :heh:

I've recently replayed most of the 2D ones on various consoles, I think the DS was the greatest way for me to enjoy those. I remember whiling away a 4 hour plane journey with FFIII a couple of years back.

In a way I got FFVII for the same experience. It will probably never be this cheap again, and the idea of playing it on the go on a PSP one day was very appealing.

(I don't actually have a PSP, but the Vita is looking mighty tempting).

Have you got/played FFVIII or FFIX? The former is quite hit and miss (although my personal favourite game of all time) while the latter is universally loved.

I have FFVI on GBA, I remember the PS1 version had absolute killer load times (even opening the menu). Anyone have the PSN version to confirm whether these are gone?

I played both when they were new. I never got more than a couple of hours into VIII, but I completed and very much enjoyed IX.

Pre-owned 320GB for £140

I'd be shocked if you got remotely near to filling up 160GB. £150 for it is amazing.

Anyone have the PSN version to confirm whether these are gone?

I was looking at the FF 25th Anniversary topic on Gaf and the guys on there said that the stupidly long loading times are still there. :(

I'd be shocked if you got remotely near to filling up 160GB. £150 for it is amazing.

THIS.

I currently have about 250GB of 'things' :p

Clue me in on PS3s as I'm rather lagging! I currently have about £45 of instore credit at CEX so I'm leaning toward buying one from there. Although, the cheapest 160GB pre-owned is £10 more...

When does this Morrisons deal end?

Edited by Ashley

I currently have about 250GB of 'things' :p

:indeed:

Why would you need "things" on the PS3? As long as they're on a FAT32 formatted USB harddrive, you can just plug it into the PS3. If "things" include video files in .mkv-format, you can't play them on the PS3 anyway. If you need specific "things" on the PS3, you can copy them there when you require them and remove them when you don't anymore.

Leave that junk off the console. Only scenario where 160GB wouldn't be enough - other than dumping not game-related stuff onto it - is that you'd buy a ton of retail games on PSN. It's just that it's often cheaper to actually buy these games at retail. :p

I've had Playstation plus for a year, plus the two free games from the downtime.

I'm still not close to filling 160GB.

When does this Morrisons deal end?

Not sure, apparently they're clearing Christmas stock. There's supposedly a £6 off £40 spend voucher in the Sun today, if you can bring yourself to buy it :heh:

Hmm I may go for the 160GB at Morrisons which is £144 using the aforementioned voucher. I don't really need a bigger hard drive size...

I'll mull it over, thanks :)