NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I hate using a PS3 controller when I just want to watch a Blu-Ray/DVD, and was thinking about getting the bluetooth remote.

However, I just discovered that I can use my TV remote to control my PS3, and it turns on automatically when I select the HDMI and turns off when I turn the TV off.

Which is amazing.

It's a Panasonic. A few different makes can do it, it also works with other devices (recorders, camcorders, etc) over HDMI.

The Panasonic tv remote is pretty decent at it. Handy for lazy media streaming. The Samsung tv remote is way too slow in comparison.

Really annoying that Payday The Heist has not been released on PSN today even though it was meant to be and has been in US. Preordered and paid for it then they delayed it the day before release and now it doesn't get released on its new date!!!!

Really annoying that Payday The Heist has not been released on PSN today even though it was meant to be and has been in US. Preordered and paid for it then they delayed it the day before release and now it doesn't get released on its new date!!!!

The whole update was a mess. Really pathetic of SCEE. They messed up the GT5 DLC prices but are now refunding the difference. Kaznouri Yamauchi cracked his whip and made sure the GT5 side of things would be fine once he found out. Shame about everything else. No Deus Ex etc. SCEE seem like they are back at square one.

The whole update was a mess. Really pathetic of SCEE. They messed up the GT5 DLC prices but are now refunding the difference. Kaznouri Yamauchi cracked his whip and made sure the GT5 side of things would be fine once he found out. Shame about everything else. No Deus Ex etc. SCEE seem like they are back at square one.

Yup now I remember why I originally cancelled my PS Plus sub. I'm sooooo annoyed that they would let me pay upfront to preorder payday and now it's just been moved to TBA and they claim it has been all along when it hasn't they announced the date this time last week. FUCKERS! The GT5 thing does suck that people were charged full price instead of discounted rate.

Yup now I remember why I originally cancelled my PS Plus sub. I'm sooooo annoyed that they would let me pay upfront to preorder payday and now it's just been moved to TBA and they claim it has been all along when it hasn't they announced the date this time last week. FUCKERS! The GT5 thing does suck that people were charged full price instead of discounted rate.

Payday reminds me of Renegade Ops on Steam. That still isnt out... So many people paid up thinking it was out because the store presented it as such... Talk about misleading people.

Payday reminds me of Renegade Ops on Steam. That still isnt out... So many people paid up thinking it was out because the store presented it as such... Talk about misleading people.

Shame cos Renegade Ops is bloody amazing!

Pretty good PSN update this week. Infamous Festival of Blood and PixelJunk Sidescroller. I picked up Back to the Future because it's gone reduced to £7.99 (was on holiday last time it did this so missed out) and also PS Plus discounted so paid £6.79! Bargain!

I would so buy the PSN BF3. But EA are charging £49.99 for it. LOL.

I would have loved no disk to deal with.

Well Payday finally got it's release date! The same day as Uncharted 3 so basically that means no one playing it! Real shame as from what I played of the US demo it was very very awesome. Think HEAT+DARK KNIGHT+LEFT 4 DEAD!

I would so buy the PSN BF3. But EA are charging £49.99 for it. LOL.

I would have loved no disk to deal with.

Can someone explain the PSN store pricing to me. I was tempted by inFamous 2, especially since e-tailers have dropped the price to less than £20, but PSN store still asks for £50. The downloaded the original as part of the Welcome Back offer; it would be entirely wrong to own the disk version for the sequel (if you get my drift).

And while I am on the subject, why does the PSN store contain so few full titles? I can understand third parties witholding games from download, bur a vast number of titles from Sony are simply missing - Uncharted, for example.

Pricing is down to the publisher. So blame EA for Battlefield 3 being a billion pounds. Not sure why Infamous 2 is still that price, that'll be Sony's idea. It might be an oversight (i.e. They don't care).

Infamous 2 is amazing. Just pick it up, is my rec. Unless Uncharted 3 pulls something out of the bag (which it pretty much has with the multiplayer alone) then it's my GOTY.

There isn't a standardised policy for publishing full titles. That's why it's so inconsistent.

Can someone explain the PSN store pricing to me.

Don't quote me on this, but I heard somewhere that they have an agreement with retail stores so that they have to charge above RRP.

Pricing is down to the publisher. So blame EA for Battlefield 3 being a billion pounds. Not sure why Infamous 2 is still that price, that'll be Sony's idea. It might be an oversight (i.e. They don't care).

Infamous 2 is amazing. Just pick it up, is my rec. Unless Uncharted 3 pulls something out of the bag (which it pretty much has with the multiplayer alone) then it's my GOTY.

There isn't a standardised policy for publishing full titles. That's why it's so inconsistent.

Yeah it really is good. When you were saying things like it's a GOTY contender I really didn't believe you. As if looked too similar to the 1st but they refined everything so well.

Don't quote me on this, but I heard somewhere that they have an agreement with retail stores so that they have to charge above RRP.

Yeah there was this general view that this is what happened. Although this issue seems to be being addressed with the Vita as they have come out and said in Japan that downloadable games will be the equavalent of $10sh cheaper than retail. There will come a point where this will shift I reckon and be addressed as we become more and more digital just it's a slow process....

I can understand third parties witholding games from download, bur a vast number of titles from Sony are simply missing - Uncharted, for example.

I think in Sony's case it might be that their games generally fill up blu-rays, 42GB in the case of GOWIII. Games which are smaller in size, like Infamous (open world games tend to be smaller I've noticed) get put up. Uncharted 2 is 25GB I believe.

The ridiculous pricing on the store for main PS3 titles makes me hope they don't start introducing serial codes or digital only consoles in the near future. I'd hate price to always be dictated by anything other than demand.

The ridiculous pricing on the store for main PS3 titles makes me hope they don't start introducing serial codes or digital only consoles in the near future. I'd hate price to always be dictated by anything other than demand.

I don't think this would be as much of a problem if they went digital only. Look at onlive. Their games are comparatively priced and get good reductions later down the line. I think once the likes of sony and microsoft do go more digital and no longer rely on retail for game sales this kind of dumb pricing won't exist anymore with any luck.

Are the prices as good as say Amazon Marketplace prices? It would be nice if because every single sale went back to the actual game makers/distributors (under digital only) that they discounted even further, but I don't think they would.

That would be ridiculous and just wouldn't happen. Those PSN prices only serve to supplement revenue from disc sales. If games were PSN only, prices would undoubtedly be subject to demand, especially seeing as there are multiple systems knocking about.

Boob.

That would be ridiculous and just wouldn't happen. Those PSN prices only serve to supplement revenue from disc sales. If games were PSN only, prices would undoubtedly be subject to demand, especially seeing as there are multiple systems knocking about.

Boob.

Dwarf, BF3. Where are you?

We should setup a clan.

Boob.

What I meant was that if a game developer introduces serial codes effectively it wouldn't matter how many consoles their game was on. They could keep the price of the game high, or at least higher than second hand trade ins.

Dwarf, BF3. Where are you?

We should setup a clan.

As much as I'm elated to hear that and as much as I'd love to revive our online kinship, I can't be bothered/am slightly unable to establish a connection for ma Playbox 3000 at Uni. And I have zero money for new games.

Of course I would rinse you all at Uncharted 3 and BF given the opportunity. Absolutely rinse.

Since moving to Manch in mid-September I've made a rather grandiose contribution of 8 replies to this forum, and one of those was just to congratulate Daft for evading Death for a successive 365 day period. I guess it's because I've had jack shit to talk about considering the lack of playtime on anything. It's quite sad really, not sad in the sense that I haven't been gaming much or haven't had game-related troll material to smear you all with, but sad because I bothered to acknowledge the Birthday of the biggest cunt in this joint.

I am jealous of y'all though, been some pretty sik games this half of the year. Going by trailers :'(