NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I wish wired was possible but at this moment in time the family router is safely located in the loft of all places.

I've spent countless hours looking up possible solutions, finding ip and dns addresses, turning features off but the furthest i seem to get is it finding the ip. It's always a dns error message i get.

Apparently you can configure the router to a certain dns and then match it on the PS3 or something, i may give that a go this weekend as i really do like the PS3 but the online is giving me a headache. :(

DNS error?

Who is your ISP? Can you go online on the PS3?

Another solution to consider is homeplug? You could put a homeplug in the loft by the router and one by your PS3, it uses your house's power supply to carry the signal.

Not a great place for a router, anyway.

DNS error?

Who is your ISP? Can you go online on the PS3?

DNS error is something like i have an internet connection but it won't connect to PSN, so it says i have a good signal but won't sign me on.

BT is our ISP, a homehub. And it was on and off like it would work 50 percent of the time but since trying to resolve it, it won't go online at all even with the 'easy and automatic settings.'

I've read countless pages with people having the same error so this weekend i'll probably go and look at the router end of things.

And yeah i agree, loft isn't the best place but if i remember correctly it was moved as the dogs kept knocking it off the window sill, disconnecting it.

Go into your router settings, through your web browser and change the wireless channel setting to 11 or higher.

I remember my friend having problems with his wireless, so I told him to change the wireless channel and it worked.

DNS error is something like i have an internet connection but it won't connect to PSN, so it says i have a good signal but won't sign me on.

BT is our ISP, a homehub. And it was on and off like it would work 50 percent of the time but since trying to resolve it, it won't go online at all even with the 'easy and automatic settings.'

I've read countless pages with people having the same error so this weekend i'll probably go and look at the router end of things.

And yeah i agree, loft isn't the best place but if i remember correctly it was moved as the dogs kept knocking it off the window sill, disconnecting it.

Make sure UPNP is enabled. Is the error code a DNS error (80710102)? Seems like a router issue.

Temp fix if you cant get it sorted:

'Go into Network setup (in Settings on the XMB).

Choose 'manual'

skip through the screens until you get to the one saying DNS servers.

This will probably currently be set to auto.

change them to use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 These are Google's DNS servers as opposed to your default. Alternatively Open DNS are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 .

Try that.

Make sure UPNP is enabled. Is the error code a DNS error (80710102)? Seems like a router issue.

Temp fix if you cant get it sorted:

'Go into Network setup (in Settings on the XMB).

Choose 'manual'

skip through the screens until you get to the one saying DNS servers.

This will probably currently be set to auto.

change them to use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 These are Google's DNS servers as opposed to your default. Alternatively Open DNS are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 .

Try that.

Yup, that's the little bugger.

And yeah i've tried a number of those, think the open dns one too, but not the google one. If that doesn't work it's probably a problem at the router's end, will try and sort it out this weekend sometime.

Cheers for the tips : peace:

I've been signed out for seemingly no reason multiple times over the last few days. Its probably some server side problem.

I signed in fine but couldnt play Killzone 3. PS store is also down. Trophy servers seem up and down.

If you are fast: http://www.bestbuyentertainment.co.uk/ have an offer on GT 5 Collectors Edition for £47.99 (RRP £59.99)

With the difference in price you can add Inception Blu Ray while there as well. Essentially getting GT5 Collectors edition and Inception for the same price as Amazon and Play's original GT5 CE.

They also have the cheapest Avatar Special extended edition while you are at it.

Kevin's been a busy guy lately

Kevin Butler Solves a Buying Conundrum

Kevin Butler meets a Fake TV Family

Gran Turismo 5 Kevin Butler Style

From Joystiq

Sony revealing new PS3 exclusive

Revealing your big new game during the Spike Video Game Awards? Pfft -- that's so last year. Sony is taking the wraps off of something for PS3 big enough to warrant its own event the day after the VGAs in Hollywood. It all goes down at 2PM PT on Sunday, December 12. (We'll definitely be in attendance.)Let's have some fun with this -- what do you, dear Readers, think it could be? We'll throw a name out there to get you started: Uncharted 3. You can surely do better than that. Let the brainstorming commence in comments!

Edited by Cookyman

Its most likely Sly 4.

Still have never played the first 3 games...

The US adverts are so much better than the lame Euro ones.

They should totally air the Kevin Butler adverts over here, instead of our lame 'START!' adverts...

Completely agree - would save Sony some cash too.

Seems the best place to ask..

My 40GB fat PS3 got the Yellow light.. I've rebought a Slim so I might sell the 40GB on eBay. I was planning to keep the HDD and sell the unit but I wonder if anyone would buy it as it is. I was reading some listings and one said the HDD included was reformatted and restored to factory defaults. Is it possible to change out the 40GB and reformat that on my new Slim?

Obviously, after that I could sell the fat PS3 with the HDD included.

Any advice, help would be great.

Seems the best place to ask..

My 40GB fat PS3 got the Yellow light.. I've rebought a Slim so I might sell the 40GB on eBay. I was planning to keep the HDD and sell the unit but I wonder if anyone would buy it as it is. I was reading some listings and one said the HDD included was reformatted and restored to factory defaults. Is it possible to change out the 40GB and reformat that on my new Slim?

Obviously, after that I could sell the fat PS3 with the HDD included.

Any advice, help would be great.

Yes you can. You can format via pc too.

Yes you can. You can format via pc too.

Didn't know about that part. I don't have an enclosement to use it on the PC though. Thanks for the help.

Seem to be some nice PS3 slim deals. Ebuyer do a nice one. Then you can trade it in to HMV(or selll it yourself) for profit.

good week for PSN:

Special Offers (available until 8th December)

PS3: Prince of Persia Classic (was £7.99/€9.99 now £5.49/€6.99)

PS3: Prince of Persia Epilogue (was £7.99/€9.99 now £3.99/€4.99)

PS3: Premier Manager (was £13.99/€17.99 now £9.99/€12.99)

PSP: Prince of Persia: Revelations (was £15.99/€19.99 now £7.99/€9.99)

PSP: Prince of Persia: Rival Swords (was £15.99/€19.99 now £7.99/€9.99)

PSP: Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands (was £23.99/€29.99 now £15.99/€19.99)

Mini: Mahjongg Artifacts (was £3.99/€4.99 now £2.49/€2.99)

Mini: Gold Fever(was £3.99/€4.99 now £2.49/€2.99)

Permanent: Dragon Age: Origins Awakening (now £15.99/€19.99)

PS3 Demos

Premier Manager

PS3 Games

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (free trial, £7.99/€9.99 - includes free XMB theme)

Funky Lab Rat (free trial, £5.49/€6.99) - Move enabled

Dead Storm Pirates (£15.99/€19.99) - From Time Crisis: Razing Storm

Blue Toad Murder Files: Ep 1-6 Christmas Bundle (£17.49/€21.99)

PS3 Game Content

Trinity Universe: Technician's Pack (£1.59/€1.99)

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game: Knives Chau Add-On Pack (£1.59/€1.99)

DJ Hero 2 Tiësto Mix Pack Presented by Coca-Cola (£6.29/€7.99)

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2: All-In-One Pack (£7.99/€9.99)

Moto GP 09/10 Free 2010 Moto2 and 125 Update (free)

Front Mission: Evolved: Map Pack (£3.19/€3.99), Last Stand (£3.19/€3.99)

Hustle Kings Trickshot Pack (£1.59/€1.99)

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light: Things that Go Boom Pack (free for 30 days, then £2.39/€2.99)

Joe Danger: ChickenJoe (£0.79/€0.99), Sir Bonehead (£0.79/€0.99), Geronim-Joe (£0.79/€0.99), Chuckles the Chimp (£0.79/€0.99),

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West: Pigsy's Perfect 10 (£7.99/€9.99)

Mafia II: Joe's Adventures (£6.29/€7.99)

PDC World Championship Darts: Pro Tour: Player and Tourney Add-on (£3.19/€3.99)

ModNation Racers: Carnival Props Pack (£3.99/€4.99)

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock: My Chemical Romance Track Pack (£4.79/€5.99)

Rock Band 3: Imagine (Album) by John Lennon (£9.99/€14.99)

Rock Band Network: 'Hanuman' by Rodrigo y Gabriella (£0.99/€1.49), 'Living in a Whirlwind' by Warbringer (£0.99/€1.49), 'Rollercoaster' by Sleater-Kinney (£0.99/€1.49), 'Smash the Control Machine' by Otep (£0.99/€1.49), 'The World is a Thorn' by Demon Hunter (£0.99/€1.49),

PSone games

40 Winks (£3.19/€3.99)

All-Star Boxing (£3.99/€4.99)

Super Slammin' Dodgeball (£3.19/€3.99)

ATV Racers (£2.39/€2.99)

Miracle Space Race (£2.39/€2.99)

Minis

Card Shark (£2.99/€3.59)

Epyx's Impossible Mission (£3.19/€3.99)

PSP Demos

Legends of War: Patton's Campaign

Worms: Battle Islands

PSP Games

Split/Second: Velocity (£23.99/€29.99)

Commander: Europe at War (£7.99/€9.99)

Worms: Battle Islands (£9.99/€12.99)

PSP Game Content

Buzz! Quiz World: Decades Quiz: 90s (£3.19/€3.99

Gonna try out the trial for Pacman Championship Edition me thinks...

Gonna try out the trial for Pacman Championship Edition me thinks...

Bet you buy it - it looks awesome and has received rave reviews!