NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Bought Castle Vania: Lord of Shadow today.

Impressions

Seems pretty good so far, although I haven't got very far. I'm in a Bog, fighting Goblins.

The controls seem pretty solid and there are a lot of moves and combos you can perform. You can buy new moves and weapons.

Overall I'm impressed. :grin:

Star War fans are pathetic.

The game is also pathetic.

Don't waste your time and money Jon. And put an 'h' in your name like normal Johns.

You do realise the H stands for homosexual.

Fag.

Star War fans are pathetic.

The game is also pathetic.

Don't waste your time and money Jon. And put an 'h' in your name like normal Johns.

And put an s on the end of Wars, like all the rest of us.

Like the rest of you scum? I feel no need to respect Star War at all.

Y'all gang up on me 'cause you no I'm the elite member. Bow.

Well, with the an email just received from Amazon that NHL 11 is on it's way, I can retire NHL 10 to the shelve. After 296 online wins, 173 losses and 36 Overtime losses; it's been an enjoyable ride.

so my girlfriend has bought me sonic ultimate genesis collection for xmas is it actually any good.

so my girlfriend has bought me sonic ultimate genesis collection for xmas is it actually any good.

Yes... it's also very cheap now too, I wouldn't read anything into that though but just thought I'd mention it because at price it is atm I'm surprised there are still people who have a xbox 360/PS3 who don't own it. :p

Yes... it's also very cheap now too, I wouldn't read anything into that though but just thought I'd mention it because at price it is atm I'm surprised there are still people who have a xbox 360/PS3 who don't own it. :p

see I already own the PSP one and sonic mega collection AND Sonic Gems Collection so kinda never got round to buying this. Although like I said its a present so I'm not gonna say no!

Is anyone having trouble with updates? Every time I try to update the LBP2 Beta my PS3 freezes and then restarts itself. Was fine before the 3.55 update but didn't install it because it was like a 1Gb update.

Edit: 9th time lucky. I used the good old hammer the PS Button trick. Works a charm.

Edited by Daft

For future reference, don't immediately accept the update if it's being flaky. When the dialogue appears wait until the green network activity light on front of your PS3 has calmed down, then go ahead with downloading the patch.

I believe the issue is that the game is logging into the LBP servers as soon as you boot it up, but interrupting the process to start the patch causes it to dither about.

Ah, sweet. Thanks for the heads up. I think I did that unintentionally when it finally worked.

Getting this Beta totally makes up for the Xmas delay. Getting sent the code was so random. I didn't know there was a new round of Beta testing.

Telly-loving PlayStation 3 owners are in for a treat this week – the ITV Player and Channel 4's 4oD are set to join the BBC iPlayer as PS3 applications.

That means you'll soon be able to watch shows Coronation Street and The Inbetweeners via your PS3, The Guardian reports.

Both services will launch this week for users with broadband internet connections.

Robin Pembroke, managing director at ITV.com, said he also expected to see shows such as Emmerdale becoming available on internet-enabled TV sets, tablet computers such as the iPad and other gaming consoles.

Could the ITV Player come to Xbox 360? Could 4oD? Sarah Rose, director of commercial business development at Channel 4, said Channel 4 was "not saying no" to a tie-up with Xbox 360, which only carries TV shows from BSkyB's SkyPlayer on its subscription package.

But she said Microsoft was "not coming to our door" actively looking for deals with other TV companies. Why not, Microsoft?

And why not the Wii, which already includes the BBC iPlayer? Because it does not have the facility to carry advertising.

According to Sony, 80 per cent of the four million PS3 consoles in the UK are connected to Sony's broadband-enabled service – which we take to mean the PlayStation Network.

For Sony, the deal extends the PlayStation 3's mainstream appeal. "It is about changing people's attitudes to the PS3 as a platform to view it as a much broader entertainment device," Alan Duncan, the marketing director for PlayStation in the UK, said.

Duncan said Sony would promote the availability of ITV and Channel 4 content to PS3 owners through email marketing, PlayStation blogs and directly on the console itself.

And in the new year Sony will launch a telly advertising campaign and a TV sponsorship deal to push the PS3's media entertainment services to a wider audience.

"There is a compelling story to tell about the PS3 that goes far beyond gaming," Duncan said.

Pretty cool...I do wonder if I have my PS3 in Canada with such things installed will they still work...obviously there is nothing to stop you setting up a UK account on one of their machines which makes me wonder if it will be locked off somehow (IP or summit)

4oD?! This week?! FUCK MUTHA FUCKING YES YES!!

Who the Hell would want to watch ITV? That's probably a selling point for the 360. It doesn't have ITV.

4oD?! This week?! FUCK MUTHA FUCKING YES YES!!

Who the Hell would want to watch ITV? That's probably a selling point for the 360. It doesn't have ITV.

These people

I've heard Prototype is coming to the PSN store in the next few days. Anybody know whether it will be coming to the Austrian store, as well?

They've also added RTÉ Player for Irish users. It rather came out of nowhere, I don't think it's ever been announced.

Lameness. 4oD doesn't have the same amount of content as the PC version. There are only two episodes of Mistfits. I wanted to watch one of the season 1 episodes I missed.

Maybe they're slowly rolling out the content...fingers crossed. The EU Blog post says you can watch Peep Show and there aren't any episodes of that up.

The quality is good, though. Better than iPlayer.

The picture quality on ITV Player is awful. Then again, there is nothing I want to watch on it, so not bothered. Plus I got an error message saying I ran out of memory.

Edited by Daft

I'll let you know if it's worth checking out. I'm almost a quarter way done.