NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I've never had mine YLOD. The BluRay diode borked itself. I heard from people at work their was a bad batch which synced up with when I got my PS3.

Free and quick replacement in the end, so wasn't too bad.

Qriocity - Sony's streaming music service has gone live on European PS3s. I'm checking it out now.

Edit: There's a free 30 day trial. All I'm going to say is that the UI is DAAAAAMN slick. And it has the Tron soundtrack on it, so I'm happy. Wouldn't pay for it regularly. I use Spotify - it has an app and a computer program, this is only accessible on devices. Still...it is really slick.

Edited by Daft
Automerged Doublepost

Is the PS3 region free for DVDs?

No........

Over Christmas I picked up Batman Arkham Asylum which I started last night. Really, really enjoying it (5 hours worth of gameplay), the realisation of the characters is spot on - The Joker especially is brilliant. And the gameplay is excellent, although initially the combat made it feel like a button masher (with the exception of the stealth element - hanging on a Grotesque (they're not gargoyles....) and dropping down to pick off goons is simply brilliant, and probably the best way to play).

I also got myself Dead Space and was bought Red Dead Redemption - both of which I am looking forward to playing.

Should any one wish to add me as a Friend on PS3 - or Wii for that matter - please do!

Arkham Asylum has one of the best combat systems this generation. The challenges you unlock make you wring the most out of it to get a good score, and it feels amazing when you take out a group of 10 or more goons in a single, flowing attack.

It basically nails what Fable 2/3 attempted to do, making a combat system that anyone can mash their way through but has a lot of scope for the more committed to really tear things up.

I loved Arkham Asylums combat even more when I moved onto harder difficulties on later play throughs. I really made me change the way I was playing and sort out some tactics before I just ran in and attacked people.

OK so I got a 3DTV and I'm downloading superstardust HD, Pain 3D and Wipeout 3D. What other games should I be looking at getting now/in the future?

Any tips welcomed.

OK so I got a 3DTV and I'm downloading superstardust HD, Pain 3D and Wipeout 3D. What other games should I be looking at getting now/in the future?

Any tips welcomed.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Any tips welcomed.

Jammie bastard! no tips but Super Stardust is meant to be one of the best titles in 3d

Question; How do you access The Joker challenges in Batman? I have downloaded it, but the game continues to say 'go to PS store and download'. Every game with DLC seems to do that, why the game can't auto link to a game-specific mini store is beyond me.

Jammie bastard! no tips but Super Stardust is meant to be one of the best titles in 3d

Ok, thoughts on what I've played so far:

Played Super stardust HD in co-op for a few hours earlier. The 3D is spellbinding and it just looks incredible. Probably the coolest instant 'wow' effect.

Motorstorm Pacific Rift. Looks amazing when you are flinging dirt/water into the screen and definitely feels more tangible yet due to the chaotic nature of the game you ever really get to ooh and ahh at the 3D until you watch the replays or take in some huge air. Slick, seamless 3D integration though.

Wipeout HD. Same as above really. Everything pops more and the reduced framerate/definition didn't bother me in the slightest due to the style of the game now being in eye melting 3D vision.

Pain. Still awaiting updates and not really bothered about this one. Hate how you can't background update data. (Sort this Sony!)

I may pick up CoD or GT5 tomorrow.

Also, played FIFA in 2D-3D conversion and it was really good. You could distinguish the tiers in the stands and the crowd looked great. The ball/players also seemed much more realistic. Set pieces looked sublime - especially penalties. May see what a few other titles look like when converted. (Including some Wii games).

I'm now looking forward to FIFA 12...if it's in 3D.

Have you installed it?

Its downloaded and is sitting in Game Utility (?) in the XMB. Do I need to finish the game, that might explain.

You shouldn't have to. If you've installed it then it should be playable. Try downloading and installing it again.

You shouldn't have to. If you've installed it then it should be playable. Try downloading and installing it again.

Tried that. Twice.

I have no idea then. I can't even guess what's wrong. Call Sony if you have to, they've got good customer service.

Question; How do you access The Joker challenges in Batman? I have downloaded it, but the game continues to say 'go to PS store and download'. Every game with DLC seems to do that, why the game can't auto link to a game-specific mini store is beyond me.

I had a quick look on google for you and found this. ( yes, i'm bored :D )

Wow.. i'm going through the same problem.. I think the problem is GOTY is just an add-on. I played the original, then bought the GOTY (both AU/PAL editions) and when you install the game on your ps3, the game Data is sepearate (As In there is one for Batman AA and one for Batman AA GOTY), and yet the trophies are shared between both games.

The Joker Challenge maps are only for Batman AA Game Data not GOTY, which is pretty poor form by the developers since the joker challenge maps are advertised on the cover and GOTY wasn't even released at a budget price (In my country anyway)

There's a version of the 'Play as the Joker DLC' that is only for the GOTY edition, there is then a normal version which was released earlier (when the game released) which works only for the normal edition.

So basically, on the PS Store there is -

'Play as the Joker DLC GOTY'

'Play as the Joker'.

Two versions of the same DLC, one for the GOTY version, one not.

You may need to use the search function to find the respective version

So i got myself a playstation move controller the other day (as well as the nav controller as holding the duelshock looked awkward).

It wasn't really planned more of an impulse decision, ive only got res 5 with it and im gonna rent some of the move games to see if any are any good.

As i have not yet played heavy rain i will defo be getting that to play with move at some point (but will most likely be way away due to amount of games i currently have to play).

Only done 2 levels on res 5 and impressed with move, seems to work really well and not had any issues thus far. Although i think they could have made the control schemes bit better for res 5 but i will get used to it!

So apart from res 5 and heavy rain, are only move games currently worth my cash? or is it best to just rent them?

Awesome Mike. Keep us posted.

I'm well interested in seeing what Move is really like.

Awesome Mike. Keep us posted.

I'm well interested in seeing what Move is really like.

Ive tried playing res 5 in quite a few different 'playing positions' and seems to work well, even at a bit of a angle to the ps eye, pretty much the same as the wii. It is also very nice to have no wire between the nav and move controller.

Ive reactivated my lovefilm membership with a promotion code and first ive put on the list is Sports Champions, Time Crisis & The Shoot. Just have to wait for them to start turning up.

I've been told RE5 doesn't actually use the Eye at all, the aiming is calculated purely using the controller's sensors. Can't say I've tested out that theory myself, though.