NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I think I'd probably gradually go after all the "Must Own" Games. Shadow of the colossus, MGS 2&3, ect.

FF7 Cant Be Remade Because Of HD

In the same interview in which Toriyama explains the linearity of Final Fantasy XIII, he also mentioned the lack of towns was due to the fact that in producing HD quality graphics it would take far too much time for the developers to create.

Alongside such comments, Yoshinori Kitase also explains that such a problem relates to being unable to currently consider the continual requests for a Final Fantasy 7 remake.

He explains, “This issue is related to whether a Final Fantasy 7 remake will happen or not. It is very hard to make games on PlayStation 3 in the same style as the games in that era had. Making graphics will take enormous time.”

The interviewer then asks as to why Final Fantasy XIII has fewer towns compared to previous titles in the story, and whether this relates to seeking a ‘non-stop’ story, to which Toriyama explains “Yes, it is one of the reasons, but more importantly, it is a result of considering HD graphics will be the mainstream. Considering the amount of work to make graphics that deserve HD, it is hard to make towns in the conventional style.”

He continues “In the limited period of development time, to convey the the great story that deserves the name of Final Fantasy, and to convey the battles that entertain players enough, we condensed each element.”

That doesn't make much sense. All of FFVII's environments were prerendered, i.e. using much higher quality assets than in-game models could handle. XIII features over 30GBs of pre-rendered FMV which also use higher quality assets than could possibly be rendered in real time. S-E have been famous for crafting high fidelity CGI for over a decade, so if anything they have more practise with creating "HD quality" assets than most in the industry.

Also, towns would tend to offer better value from a resources point of view as it's an area that the player will explore and likely return to, treading the same ground several times. From the sounds of it FFXIII is largely a straight road you run down once, quite possibly the most inefficient way of using costly HD assets.

I don't particularly care if we see a remake of VII or not, but if they're going to make excuses they could at least try to be somewhat convincing. Hell, how much of Gaia have S-E already modelled and textured due to Advent Children, Crisis Core and the like? You'd assume they haven't just thrown all that away.

I want MGS 2&3 and Dark Cloud 1&2 and Theme Park World.

Are you serious out of all the games you'd pick that?! Surely your PC could run its an ages old game...

Are you serious out of all the games you'd pick that?! Surely your PC could run its an ages old game...

Yeah but I like it on the PS2.

What?.....

I think I understand Wesley, we have grown this telepathic bond as of late..

but its the same game :indeed:

come now, theres alot of difference between playing a game on the pc and playing it on a console. games can feel very different.

come now, theres alot of difference between playing a game on the pc and playing it on a console. games can feel very different.

its only theme park...the games identical...if anything its better on pc because of the mouse.

its only theme park...the games identical...if anything its better on pc because of the mouse.

yeah, but then theres the nostalga to consider. people who have happy childhood memories of somthing tend to enjoy it beyond its flaws.

yeah, but then theres the nostalga to consider. people who have happy childhood memories of somthing tend to enjoy it beyond its flaws.

I guess think my point still stands though there are far better games out there to be ported over than Theme Park World.

If they released the original SSX with trophies I think I would cry from joy.

Put Timesplitters 2, with an online mode as well. About as wishful thinking as possible but it would be awesome. Did TS2/3 have online support for ps2?

Original R&C would be nice, and very likely given the sequels.

Overall though, I'd just love to see SSX again.

I would cry sweet tears of joy if they released NHL Breakaway. I became obsessed with Ice Hockey after randomly buying that in a beatties shop many many years ago. I've now re discovered my love of the spot through NHL 10.

I would cry sweet tears of joy if they released NHL Breakaway. I became obsessed with Ice Hockey after randomly buying that in a beatties shop many many years ago. I've now re discovered my love of the spot through NHL 10.

Is it any good? I used to be obsessed with NHL on the megadrive and then with wayne gretsky on the N64 and have often thought about getting one.

I guess think my point still stands though there are far better games out there to be ported over than Theme Park World.

I am still geting Metal Gear Solid 2&3

Dear FF7 fans.

The world is a shit place. Arrested Development didn't get ten seasons, George Bush was elected president in spite of not winning and you're not getting FF7 HD.

Move on.

(not aimed at you Dante, but if I have to handle the fact my favourite shows get cancelled and are never coming back then FF7 fans should too :p)

Started playing InFamous today. Electrocuted a hungry man to keep the food for myself and felt awful! I don't think I can be the bad guy.

Move on.

No.

Started playing InFamous today. Electrocuted a hungry man to keep the food for myself and felt awful! I don't think I can be the bad guy.

No.

HAHA I'm total opposite. I started it couple of days back up to the second island now and am evil to the core. Although to be fair I'm not sure how evil it is because everything your doing is still in a way for the better of the city. Just the means you do aren't that nice. It really is a good game! I'm totally hooked.

Anyone else notice some free Infamous DLC came out today, a gigawatts power pack or something.

That's just the melee item that came with a limited pre-order, now it's open for everyone.

I think I understand Wesley, we have grown this telepathic bond as of late..

It's since we slept together.

My DNA is creeping into your body, working it's way to your heart.

That's just the melee item that came with a limited pre-order, now it's open for everyone.

ah right so no game breaking uber powerup!

Is it any good? I used to be obsessed with NHL on the megadrive and then with wayne gretsky on the N64 and have often thought about getting one.

It's awesome. NHL 9 was voted best sports game on any system and 10 only improves on it. It looks respecially sweet in HD and is the closest to real life i've seen in a sports simulation. There are fewer delights than delivering a devastating hit that makes the controller rumble and player crumble to the ground. It can take a bit of getting used to like, scoring goals can be a bitch until you learn how to deke properly, but it's totally worth once it all comes together.

Didn't realise there weren't trophies on Saints Row 2 :/ Ah well, what I played was pretty fun though.