NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

That's the only one that matters. Though apparently Persona is great, according to Domster anyway.

Fallout 3 is next on my to do list, right after Persona 4 (currently playing).

Persona 4 is good, but to be fair I've barely scratched the surface (about 5 hours in).

Edited by The Lillster

Persona 4 is amazing. But it takes about half a day to get going.

Persona 4 is amazing. But it takes about half a day to get going.

Yeah, but sometimes I like sitting down and relaxing. Most of the other games are a bit too serious sometimes.

I will leave yakuza, really want it but something has got to give during this mental time. one thing though never been better time to own a ps3.

Yeah, but sometimes I like sitting down and relaxing. Most of the other games are a bit too serious sometimes.

Yeah, it's a breath of fresh air. I'm not even a fan of JRPGs...although I was being paid to play it. :heh:

I will leave yakuza, really want it but something has got to give during this mental time. one thing though never been better time to own a ps3.

Did you try Mother 3 in the end?

Yep, PS3 is a beast.

- Sounds like fun, Daft.

Did you try Mother 3 in the end?

Yep, PS3 is a beast.

- Sounds like fun, Daft.

oh yes I did kept meaning to reply to your messages. Love it! It's so different to every other RPG out there, nice style graphical, great moments, the guys who translated it deserve some kinda awards the jokes are soooo good. If you notice its on my current playing on my backloggery in my sig :) Just play it here and there not sat down for huge session when I really want to. The sound is quite glitchy and jumpy but that could be the way I'm playing it so just turned it off.

oh yes I did kept meaning to reply to your messages. Love it! It's so different to every other RPG out there, nice style graphical, great moments, the guys who translated it deserve some kinda awards the jokes are soooo good. If you notice its on my current playing on my backloggery in my sig :) Just play it here and there not sat down for huge session when I really want to. The sound is quite glitchy and jumpy but that could be the way I'm playing it so just turned it off.

The music is awesome though, so you need to sort out the sound issue *points finger* :wink:

Nintendo should definitely port this to DS and then release it worldwide.

But as this is a Playstation topic, lets talk about Playstation.

Sorry it had to be mentioned, Mother 3 is an awesome game.

Anyway, back to PS3 Discussion!

GamesIndustry.biz: Sony to restructure Liverpool studio.

Sony Computer Entertainment has revealed that it is in the process of restructuring its Liverpool studio following "project prioritisation" by the Worldwide Studios division.

No details have been released on the number of posts affected, but GamesIndustry.biz understands that the company will look to relocate staff to other studios where possible - but that some redundancies may be necessary.

It is thought that discussions with staff have taken place today - the full public statement is as follows:

"It has been decided that production on a number of projects within Studio Liverpool will cease immediately due to project prioritisation. Our North West Studio Group has been and will continue to be a vital cog in the WWS family, with a history of producing genre defining games such as MotorStorm, WipEout, Formula 1 and WRC and this decision will have no impact of the role that the North West Studio Group will play in the future of all PlayStation platforms."

Sony has come a long way with its restructuring. They've done good. Shame some people will lose their jobs, in any case.

Shame that there will likely be jobs lost. This is the studio that used to be Psychosis right? It's bad enough when a studio loses its identity but even worse when a they are shut down or dissolved as well. Guess if your gonna "sell out" you have to live with the fact that your not totally in control of your own destiny.

The music is awesome though, so you need to sort out the sound issue *points finger* :wink:

Nintendo should definitely port this to DS and then release it worldwide.

But as this is a Playstation topic, lets talk about Playstation.

Sorry it had to be mentioned, Mother 3 is an awesome game.

Anyway, back to PS3 Discussion!

Yeah not something that think will get sorted anytime soon, although I do now have my DS Phat back so can play GBA carts again if thats a solution. The sound does work but its start stop and when running seems to affect the framerate.

I might buy it, apparently it's like GTA IV, except good this time. This and Yakuza 3 aren't high priority but great choices when there's little else to play.

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City Announced for PS3 and PC

Can't say I care to be honest. I picked the PS3 version over the 360, I actually had the 360 version pre-ordered but changed it when I went up to pay. Not a fan of GTAIV.

I didn't care much for the main story of Niko Bellic, or The Lost and Damned. But The Ballad of Gay Tony is great. Although I've already got it for the 360.

Hahaha, so they paid all the money for a timed exclusive?

lol.

It did what MS wanted it to, theres no reason for it not to be released on PS3 now. As long as it wasn't mentioned as timed up to now it didn't matter.

Played 5 hours of this, half yesterday, half today, just so I could level up to 8 with neutral/good karma. I did a lot of shit in that relatively short time, goes to show how much it helps to know what you're doing.

And finally:

TROP000.PNG

It's given me 95% trophy bar for the game, only missing the bog walker one - which glitched on me so I couldn't get it even though I should've been awarded it. Waste of fucking time. The other is finding all the logs onboard Zeta, but I couldn't be arsed with that.

It's a bloody good game.

Hahaha, so they paid all the money for a timed exclusive?

lol.

Why's that such a joke? So... thousands of people that have both consoles will have picked this up on the 360, now they won't need it on the PS3. Success. For GTA fans with neither console, it will have convinced them to purchase a 360. Now the playing field is simply evening again.

Becuase it wasn't just a bit of money, it was loads. Defiantly not worth it if it was only timed imo.

Well I think at the time it definitely seemed worth it... I think a lot of people forget how much GTA4 was expected to (and did) sell...

I guess that's what a release like MW2 does to people's memories.

But yeah, it kind of backfired anyway, timed or not; the amount of people picking this up wasn't so hot...

Seems amazingly stupid when Microsoft could have made a completely new game with that money. It's a Hell of a lot of money.

Seems amazingly stupid when Microsoft could have made a completely new game with that money. It's a Hell of a lot of money.

Microsoft are a) twats, b) uncreative and c) incredibly stupid.

Paying someone $50 million was perfect to ensuring that all 3 company policies were upheld.