NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Okay, I have a dilemma here. Should I save my pocket money(cleaning my room, shoveling snow etc.), to buy a PS3, or should i buy all the new wii games coming this spring? If i'm to buy the PS3 i'll probably have enough money in April, and that's a long time with no new games. But on the other hand my dad just gave me Metroid Prime Trilogy and PW: Trials and Tribulations, they just haven't showed up yet.

I've been wanting a PS3 since day 1, but never got around saving for it.

I would get a PS3 buddy, the amount of fun you will have online with even just one good game will make up for it.

Well, I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking you guys.. And I also feel like a betrayer since I was raised on Nintendo, and have never owned a console that wasn't Nintendo-made. If you don't count the crappy PSP that is.

Edited by Shining
Automerged Doublepost

Well, I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking you guys.. And I also feel like a betrayer since I was raised on Nintendo, and have never owned a console that wasn't Nintendo-made. If you don't count the crappy PSP that is.

Look mate I was the same...I had owned other consoles but they were also asides to my Nintendo machines. When I got my PS3 I felt dirty but then when I was playing Burnout Paradise I realised this is they way gaming should be in 2008 and I've never looked back since.

My response would probably be, "What new Wii games?" but then I can be a bit of an arse.

All I can say is that it makes more sense to buy a new machine with one or two of its very best games — safe in the knowledge that you've access to a whole new library of titles, plus future releases — than buying several good yet unspectacular games for a console you already own. If there's several Wii games due out soon that you've been really looking forward to then perhaps you simply don't have a need for a new machine right now, but if it's just a list of things you're somewhat interested in then you should weigh them up against the PS3 titles that you could be playing instead.

Incidentally, why a PS3? If you're not after its exclusives then it might make more sense to go for the potentially cheaper 360 instead, but it all depends on what you're after.

Incidentally, why a PS3? If you're not after its exclusives then it might make more sense to go for the potentially cheaper 360 instead, but it all depends on what you're after.

Well, i just really hate Microsoft. My dad's a computerengineer and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't even let me buy it, if he found it was Microsoft who made it. I actually don't run Windows on my PC either, I run Kubuntu. Besides that me and one of my best friends have really gone around flaming the Xbox. For instance, if one of us stands near the Xbox wall on gamestop, the other one has a right to slap the other in the face.

And there are a few exclusives i would love to have, like Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2! The only exclusive I would like to own on the Xbox is Mass Effect.

Don't worry mate, Nintendo won't send round their elite agents on you just for owning a PS3.

The fact is every gamer should own a PS3 nowadays, for sheer the amount of quality releases it has had and will have.

I see... that's a bit weird, but PS3 it is.

Oh, I've no particular evidence to back this up but I think you'll hear an announcement for — or possibly see a release of — Mass Effect on PS3 before they year's out. Call it a hunch.

How much do PS3 games cost in Norway, out of interest? I'm just wondering if it might be cheaper for you to import titles to save yourself a bit of cash. In fact it might be worth your while importing the system itself, although our other Norwegian members could probably give you a better idea of whether that's the case.

well, the PS3 is a better console then the wii, thats just a fact.

you dont owe nintendo anything, if anything, they have let you down, theres very little currently on the wii for actual gamers, so dont feel bad about buying a better console.

i was nintendo too, untill i got a ps3. now im so glad i made the jump.

How much do PS3 games cost in Norway, out of interest? I'm just wondering if it might be cheaper for you to import titles to save yourself a bit of cash. In fact it might be worth your while importing the system itself, although our other Norwegian members could probably give you a better idea of whether that's the case.

The cheapest PS3(120GB) you get in norway is 2587 NKR, or 315 Euro.. I wasn't even considering buying it from norway. I always assumed it was way cheaper in England, and as i see now, it costs 249.99 Euro, or 2045 NKR from Game.co.uk!

well, the PS3 is a better console then the wii, thats just a fact.

you dont owe nintendo anything, if anything, they have let you down, theres very little currently on the wii for actual gamers, so dont feel bad about buying a better console.

i was nintendo too, untill i got a ps3. now im so glad i made the jump.

It's not like I'm going to abandon the Wii or anything. I'll still buy the core titles like Mario and Metroid. I just need some good mature games for a change..

Edited by Shining

Yeah it's not like they're all mature, it's just that they actually are fun to play and have more than 3 millilitres of depth.

Well, i just really hate Microsoft. My dad's a computerengineer and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't even let me buy it, if he found it was Microsoft who made it. I actually don't run Windows on my PC either, I run Kubuntu. Besides that me and one of my best friends have really gone around flaming the Xbox. For instance, if one of us stands near the Xbox wall on gamestop, the other one has a right to slap the other in the face.

And there are a few exclusives i would love to have, like Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2! The only exclusive I would like to own on the Xbox is Mass Effect.

No offence, but it sounds like your friends are a bit messed up in the head. How old are your friends, 12?

It's not like I'm going to abandon the Wii or anything. I'll still buy the core titles like Mario and Metroid. I just need some good mature games for a change..

That's a good idea, I hear Nintendo are low on funds at the moment and need as many sales as they can get.

To be honest, my Wii is getting more playtime at the moment than my PS3 and 360. Probably due to one game - Tatsunoko vs Capcom, which is better than any fighting game on the PS3. I also play a fair bit of NSMBWii and Mario Kart, which are cracking games in their own right.

Although with the onslaught of games in March, the PS3 is probably gonna melt through the floor.

Can't wait for Just Cause 2. That title looks like it will be like the ultimate playground. Then I'm really looking forward to the GTA IV DLC. Sooo happy it's coming to the PS3 as I really enjoyed exploring the world of GTA IV and so I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

Then I have no idea. Not sure about Heavy Rain. I've started to wait a few months before picking up the big games on the PS3 as they are usually MUCH cheaper by then....After they've sold a few million.

I think Assassins Creed 2 is on my wish list too as I enjoyed the first one even if it did bore me to death by the time I got to the second city.

Fixed for you.

So you're saying Nintendo games aren't good? Wow. I always wondered why you were on this forum, and now i do even more.

No offence, but it sounds like your friends are a bit messed up in the head. How old are your friends, 12?

The thing about slapping in the face? Joke. Although we tend to say stuff like "hey, what are you doing over there? That's not good for you". We may be immature, but wth. :wink:

WTF I don't get that whole post. You're a new member, sound very juvenile, then go on to slate a long term member of the forum of which you have no idea of the respect he has on the forum for making good posts.

Coming from the person who says they can slap any friends that stand new a Xbox kiosk.

Agh!

The tide has turned against Shining!

The blood!

The horror!

RUN!

So what's the problem?

You don't know whether to buy a console you've wanted for years or to wait for a console that you're just guessing will be out soon?

I'd say go with the one that exists.

So what's the problem?

You don't know whether to buy a console you've wanted for years or to wait for a console that you're just guessing will be out soon?

I'd say go with the one that exists.

Not sure you read his post.

Hahah, I just think it's weird he always goes around flaming the Wii ^^

It seems my sarcasm didn't show just by me writing it, so I'll try to be more.. Don't know the word, but I'll try not to be that sarcastic in the future ;)

Edited by Shining

Good tip actually, when you're in a spot of bother, blame it on non-existent sarcasm.