NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Do you mean if you want to play the PS2 game on the PS3 you have to have the PS2 game in the system, and then pay money so that the disc works on it? That's bullshit.

I'd prefer to have a download system rather than a re-release on Blu-tothe-Ray.

Unless they fuck us on the pricing... in that case I'd want a re-release so things can get cheaper, offers, etc.

I want them all to be rereleased and optimized in pairs ala GoW Collection. Not once did i feel ripped off by that deal.

I wonder how it has sold so far....

Because I'm too lazy to check myself.

The blu-ray isn't region free is it?

Can you watch stuff off a flash drive/hard drive? If so what file formats? Specifically, can it play sfv files?

Does someone want to buy me a PS3?

I think I've asked these before, but why not ask again? Cheers.

Do you mean if you want to play the PS2 game on the PS3 you have to have the PS2 game in the system, and then pay money so that the disc works on it? That's bullshit.

Yes I agree it is bullshit...BUT I think it is the only way sony would ever let people run their PS2 discs on their PS3! So say you pay £10 (reckon they might be more than that if we look at the £7.99 for premium PS1 games) for the game whole on PSN and then like £2 just for the emulation code to run the disc.

I'm not saying its a great idea and represents a fantastic opportunity for gamers to get value for money. I'm just saying its a realistic way in which people who own PS2 discs still but no PS2 wouldn't have to completely buy the game again. Sony are not going to let you do it without making some money out of you.

Sony just wouldn't do that. Consumers would be outraged, it would just be confusing to sell. Paying for something you already own is not what will happen.

Obviously it's just your idea but... BS all the same.

I'd gladly pay. Cheaper than buying a PS2, memory card, games and with the convenience of having it all on my PS3.

The blu-ray isn't region free is it?

Games are totally region free, Movies are hit and miss, some are and some aren't. HERE is quite a comprehensive list.

Can you watch stuff off a flash drive/hard drive?

I'm pretty sure you have to copy the content from the external device onto the PS3's HDD.

Specifically, can it play sfv files?

Not sure, I bet Choze would know though. Where's he when you need him?

Games are totally region free, Movies are hit and miss, some are and some aren't. HERE is quite a comprehensive list.

I'm pretty sure you have to copy the content from the external device onto the PS3's HDD.

Cheers.

That's okay, as long as it can read it off the pen in the first place.

CHOOOOOOOZE!

Sony just wouldn't do that. Consumers would be outraged, it would just be confusing to sell. Paying for something you already own is not what will happen.

Obviously it's just your idea but... BS all the same.

I think you would be surprised...people would rather do that than play for a game out right again. I dunno...

Think your wrong on that part Mat. Pretty sure you can watch stuff off a hard drive as long as the ps3 can read it, but i think that external drive must be in the old Fat32 format, meaning you cant transfer files 4gb and over onto it ergo watching downloaded blu ray quality movies is a no no unless you stream.

Yeah you need to do something fancy with the hard drive.

I tried connecting an external hard drive with some media on it and it wouldn't even recognise it...

Yeah even getting out my old computer with XP didnt work. Had to download a program, Partion Magic I think it was called, and changed the drive file format to FAT32 using that.

The PS3 can emulate PS2 memory cards already, look in the Games section of the XMB. If they want to make money off of the service, they should just sell us the emulator, it makes a lot more sense then buying something you've already paid for. Perhaps something like $19.99 in the US and Canada, £9.99 in the UK, and €14.99 for the rest of europe. That would be expensive enough that they're still ripping us off, but cheap enough that we don't feel like we're paying for something we already own.

Most likely though, they'll end up being $9.99 to $29.99 as downloads in the store, I just don't see them letting us playing the games on the disks.

As for playing Movies on the PS3, I'd recommend downloading this and running it on your computer:

http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/

There are versions for Windows, OS X, and Linux.

Edited by Emasher

I hope Ps2 game come on the PSN Store.

Me too. :hug:

I want ICO and Shadow please, Sony.

And also Final Fantasy 12.

IGN's Mass Effect 2 is Better than Uncharted or we need traffic hits!

It spiraled out of control faster than anyone thought it would. About two weeks ago, Erik Brudvig posted IGN's review of Mass Effect 2, and in 14 article comments, the fight was on.

"How in the hell does mass effect 2 get a higher score than uncharted 2, I read the game is not perfectly polished, sound cuts out, characters get stuck in the environment and full game crashes occur," wrote IGN user 360andps3ownerJerk. "And you 360 biased idiots give it a better score than U.C2"

"PS3 = PWND," Asian Avatar wrote later.

Rather than let Xbox 360 owners have a moment to read and reflect about how awesome their console exclusive was, some PS3-skewed fans high on Uncharted 2: Among Thieves decided to take the conversation to the most annoying depths of Internet hell and the 360 followers responded. In the IGN office, this war became a fun spectacle to watch. Some laughed and read comments aloud, others mentioned that a comparison was silly because Mass Effect 2 and Uncharted 2 are completely different types of games, and everyone pointed out the fact that these scores came from two different reviewers and thus were an "apples to oranges" kind of comparison.

The thing that a lot of people missed, however, is that Mass Effect 2 is indeed a better game than Uncharted 2, and I don't know how readers can be so blinded by their fanboyism to deny it.

Now, let me remind you of who's writing this. I'm Greg Miller. I'm the guy who writes articles telling you that Trophies are better than Achievements, the guy who is desperate to win IGN's Great Trophy Whore War, and the guy who bought a PSPgo on day one and doesn't regret the decision in the least. I'm all those things, and I'm telling you that Mass Effect 2 is better than Uncharted 2.

I need you to accept this.

People on that site have fallen for the trap again to get traffic hits for the falling site.

Edited by Dante

Nothing but to show that IGN making awful articles to get traffic hits by making fans to troll them.