NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I think people would know about it if that worked, so I'm saying 99.9% recurring, no.

Speaking of Trophies I have a question about them, before I even go on I just want to say I'm not going to do this I was just thinking if it was possible the other night.

You know If you go round to your mates who has, lets say for example a Trophy Level of 10. Could you log out of his PSN, log in to yours then sync Trophies? Cause the way I see it is that all of his would sync to yours and visa versa. As when you sign out of PSN you can still view your Trophies as there stored on the profile.

Confusing, yes. I was just wondering if it was possible and if so why loads of people don't do it?

but when you logged into your psn wouldn't it just come up with your trophies when you last synced them from your own console?!

But i don't understand how it knows that there not your Trophies, doesn't matter anyways haha.

I'm going to guess it removes the trophies from your PS3 when it syncs those on another PS3.

Heard on the radio this morning that the guy who first Jailbroke iPhones has hacked the PS3 to play pirate games and PS2 games.

Heard on the radio this morning that the guy who first Jailbroke iPhones has hacked the PS3 to play pirate games and PS2 games.

There is a report on destructoid about it...apparently something they couldn't patch against as well...not sure about the pirated games and PS2 games bit though but defintely got illegit prompts etc.. running

Yeah I read it a few days ago on Gizmodo.

But yeah I haven't heard about the PS2 thing... that would be amazing... but not amazing enough to risk bricking/banning my PS3.

Also I don't think I could be bothered playing the patch game...

It would be fair to call that something of an exaggeration. Digital Foundry gives a good run down of the situation.

The Digital Foundry thing is a good read. I hope the PS3 doesn't get hacked any time soon but the measures people go to and the counter measures are always quite interesting.

Sony will bury this guy when he releases the code.

I think you're getting confused with the real world and a bad 24 episode, where Sony are actually a military force or something.

...although Cell chips do sound a little frightening...

I just put a 500gb Hard Drive in my PSTriple. To quote Chad Warden - "that shit be ballin'"

Got 100 movies on there and a few series of Family Guy and American Dad. Suck on that low quality, problematic streaming!

He might be talking in sewing terms. If that's spelt right.

LOL you think he/she is a seamstress?!

Well the expolit (if you can call it that) hasn't really done much, except lift some of the restrictions in OtherOS. I don't think this will help with getting the rootkey (the holy grail for unsigned code).

Maybe it will be useful for some people, though.

Anyone gonna buy Yakuza 3 when it hits in March? I would but Heavy Rain and BC2 have booked my money. Might have to be a bargain bin job.

Anyone gonna buy Yakuza 3 when it hits in March? I would but Heavy Rain and BC2 have booked my money. Might have to be a bargain bin job.

Yep. And if there is a special edition, I will probably get that.

As the end of Feb and March are so busy I think Yakuza 3 may be an April purchase for me, but still a definate one.

Christ, there really are too many games coming out. I picked an amazingly bad time to start playing my 360 again.

I'll pick this up when I get through Heavy Rain, God of War III, Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2, Halo: STD, Bioshock 2.

I've still got Persona 4, Fallout 3, Dead Space and MW2 to complete yet. But that's alright, I need to save my money at the moment.

I've still got Fallout 3 to complete yet.

That's the only one that matters. Though apparently Persona is great, according to Domster anyway.