NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Resistance 2 is awesome online, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise ;)

Our new HDTV has been set up in the lounge :shock: it looks great, but can't seem to get the PS3 picture up. I can hear sound on one of the 'av' things but can't get picture. I've plugged an HDMI cable into HDMI 1 but when I choose HDMI 1 on av nothing happens... Tried scart as well but same problem.

sounds like what happened to me. you need to change the ps3's output, go to display settings.

I think if you keep the power button pressed it goes to default video settings. when off.

Warhawk is awesome as well for multiplayer. Try the demo.

OMG. Just experienced HD gaming for the first time and it is bloody incredible. The surround sound was insane. The fluidness insane. Killzone 2 looked unbelievably good, I really couldn't believe how amazing it was. I can't go back now, not after that...

:eek: x 10

OMG. Just experienced HD gaming for the first time and it is bloody incredible. The surround sound was insane. The fluidness insane. Killzone 2 looked unbelievably good, I really couldn't believe how amazing it was. I can't go back now, not after that...

:eek: x 10

Welcome to the HD club ;)

Yay!

I joined the PS3 club yesterday after one too many breakdowns with my 360. I got a preowned 60GB backwards compatible one so I can play some of the PS2 classics again. I only have Littlebigplanet at the minute but I plan to get Resistance 2 and Uncharted soon.

Welcome to the dark side. I will add you to my friends list if thats ok?

That hard drive is a bit of a bargain isn't it Cookyman?! I think I might have to get one...as I am down to my last 2/3gb it only takes one or two more games with big installs and then I'm full...

Payday on Friday reckon I will get one.

You know it makes sense flamey!

I'm back in the PS3 game after my Xbox was making some horrible noises.

Don't think I'll be changing again so add me if you like.

NegativeCharge

NegativeCharge

Will add you later...

NegativeCharge

Will add you too!

NegativeCharge

Whats wrong with having both?

Got a new 32" HDTV at the weekend. So much better than my last HDTV, anyone saying they can't tell the difference between blu ray and DVD needs to get a better TV :p

Many things including not having enough HDMI ports and the fact that i took my Xbox back and got it swapped for a PS3.

Unfortunately most people use crappy Samsungs or LG. In which case the difference is not as pronounced as can be. Especially in motion. In motion most LCD(aka crap brands) cant even resolve SD quality in motion.

They cant even slightly smoothly grade colour when viewing the PS3 XMB. Whereas even some cheaper tv can. Clever branding, styling and number manipulation goes far.

People want to get ripped off buying rubbish tech because they want to be percieved as having good tvs. Samsung and LG take awful tv's, price them high for good margins and then position/style them next to premium models by other companies to giving the impression of only slightly less quality. People just buy into that. Killer margins for Samsung and LG. Win, win. Too bad for quality.

How many houses have people been to where they get a new hdtv and feed is truly awful sdtv which is clearly much worse than the CRT they had before.

Its sad but this is the state of the TV market. All major manufacturers may also follow this route now that the economy is pinching them.

Unfortunately most people use crappy Samsungs or LG. In which case the difference is not as pronounced as can be. Especially in motion. In motion most LCD(aka crap brands) cant even resolve SD quality in motion.

They cant even slightly smoothly grade colour when viewing the PS3 XMB. Whereas even some cheaper tv can. Clever branding, styling and number manipulation goes far.

People want to get ripped off buying rubbish tech because they want to be percieved as having good tvs. Samsung and LG take awful tv's, price them high for good margins and then position/style them next to premium models by other companies to giving the impression of only slightly less quality. People just buy into that. Killer margins for Samsung and LG. Win, win. Too bad for quality.

How many houses have people been to where they get a new hdtv and feed is truly awful sdtv which is clearly much worse than the CRT they had before.

Its sad but this is the state of the TV market. All major manufacturers may also follow this route now that the economy is pinching them.

Actually LG tvs have had good reviews and my one is quite a nice bit of quality so I have to disagree with you there. It also has more ports than I can even use (atm) and blu rays look wonderful on it. samsung, though, I have heard what you are saying, but then again, that may have just been from you before :blank:

Well I don't know what 32" Im going to opt for when I get one to use for the PS3 but the 42" Panasonic Viera is intense. Killzone 2 was so impressive I almost cried. Just watching DVDs you can tell it's amazing, can't wait to delve into blu-ray.

If only I could use the PS3 on the Panasonic all the time... I don't want to turn back now lol.

Just a rant above. I am just annoyed that Pioneer may not be making tvs anymore. Good news to get on a birthday. Was one of my life goals... :p

Really bitter after my Samsung experiences. LG i hear are better for the same price. There is less dithering and they do put in abit more effort. Some Samsung have made the odd good model in the past but they just live off the rep nowadays.

Just a rant above. I am just annoyed that Pioneer may not be making tvs anymore. Good news to get on a birthday. Was one of my life goals... :p

Really bitter after my Samsung experiences. LG i hear are better for the same price. There is less dithering and they do put in abit more effort. Some Samsung have made the odd good model in the past but they just live off the rep nowadays.

I have a Samsung Plasma, a Samsung Netbook, and a Samsung fridge/freezer. Can't fault em to be honest.

Yes my PS3 is comeing back I sent it last week it was a Monday and they got it on that Wednesday then I got a E-Mail from them saying my PS3 is fixed and reddy to be shipped that was Monday yesterday they sent it cool.

Just been browsing through the 'coming soon' section of Play.com. And came across this.......

5986077m.jpg

Its released on Friday, but I can't find any previews/reviews. I suppose its going to be bad if the publisher is not releasing any info at all on the game.

Just been browsing through the 'coming soon' section of Play.com. And came across this.......

5986077m.jpg

Its released on Friday, but I can't find any previews/reviews. I suppose its going to be bad if the publisher is not releasing any info at all on the game.

Or Play.com have just second-guessed the date, they do that from time-to-time.

In fact I just checked it, mostly any games that are coming out on the Friday they have in-stock by the Wednesday, this isn't, also the artwork says 'subject to change' and it's not even rated yet apparently, so yeah it'll be a little while yet I reckon.

Well, I just installed a 320GB Scorpio drive; stupid Prime trial making me spend money! A tip for anyone looking to do the same: have a pair of long-nosed pliers handy to loosen up the HDD caddy screws if necessary. Mine were tighter than [insert inappropriate simile here], and the screws themselves are made of cheese making it easy to ruin the threading if you try to force them using a screwdriver.

That said the process is very simple, and if you're a bit wary you can always follow this guide to make sure you're doing everything correctly.