NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

My friend has an LG 1080p TV and it looks great, £400.

Link the model and deal.

You're looking for a 32" TV right? Because seriously don't even bother worrying about it being 1080p if that's the size. You'll save a lot of money too. If you were buying a screen 40" or above then i'd consider 1080p.

Reading around it seems like the Sony and Pansonic are tops. The Sony for Picture Quality and the Pansonic for less lag/ghosting. Both are 720p though and the best.

The Toshiba at 1080p isnt bad. the LG is meant to be poor despite 1080p. Both cant do 24p properly despite being labeled so. Which shows you how misleading spec lists are. 50,000 contrast... Yeah right.

372708_full.jpg372704_full.jpg372702_full.jpg372700_full.jpg

Reading around it seems like the Sony and Pansonic are tops. The Sony for Picture Quality and the Pansonic for less lag/ghosting. Both are 720p though and the best.

The Toshiba at 1080p isnt bad. the LG is meant to be poor despite 1080p. Both cant do 24p properly despite being labeled so. Which shows you how misleading spec lists are. 50,000 contrast... Yeah right.

372708_full.jpg372704_full.jpg372702_full.jpg372700_full.jpg

free maybe?

Aww it's just that having a 720p television makes me feel inferior. I want to have the latest technology and seeing as the PS3 and blu-ray are great at 1080p then it's very desirable.

Aww it's just that having a 720p television makes me feel inferior. I want to have the latest technology and seeing as the PS3 and blu-ray are great at 1080p then it's very desirable.

Not always. The 1080p sets arent that great at picture as the 720p ones in the same price.

Its up to you but i suggest getting a look at the tvs with Blu Ray via PS3 or another good player before you decide. But its a given that the Sony and Panasonic will probably impress the most.

The LG is meant to be horrible at PQ and the Toshiba which is nicer is not special.

Only the Panasonic handles 24p properly by the way if you watch a ton of Blu Ray. With Sony the 32" V series does not.

I'm once again happy with the PS3, seems properly fixed after this particular restore, all demos and videos have downloaded successfully. Back into Resistance 2, awesome game. I have now experienced what it is like to be quite an elite player, I'm finding that some of the stuff that I pull off is insane lol.

For example in a Skirmish match I was selected as the primary target, I had 5 people on me. The first guy I mowed down with the carbine and the second ran over my magnum trap (triggered off the exploding bullets as he ran over them). I then turned round, whipped out the Pulse cannon and mullered the other 3 with the ultra blast. Managed to survive. Was awesome.

Free Metal Gear Online update today!

Bomb Mission mode added.

For free.

Konami today announced that a Bomb Mission mode will be available tomorrow, January 27th. The mode will be available to all players and pits two teams against each other, charged with destroying or protecting an area on the game map. Players are charged with either planting timed explosives in the city and protecting the bomb until it goes off or nullifying the explosive with a coolant solution. All this is played against a tight time limit.

373020_full.jpg373022_full.jpg373024_full.jpg359408_full.jpg

The updates are faster nowadays and there are tons of improvements like supporting the new accessories (keypad and headset). I enjoy it. They even added a points system so as you level up you get new costume parts more easily now. You get bonus point days or via doing specific things.

Worth trying out. I just hate that its the only game outside PSN.

For MGO they should have made maps that weren't just set in the Middle East.

Adds new content. So evryone can view future updates like costumes

For MGO they should have made maps that weren't just set in the Middle East.

they did. The new ones are good too.

I'm on by the way.

Anyone preordering the Steel Case edition of Killzone 2?

Adds new content. So evryone can view future updates like costumes

they did. The new ones are good too.

I'm on by the way.

Anyone preordering the Steel Case edition of Killzone 2?

Shopto.net just updated my order saying I would be getting the copy with the steel case at no extra cost :bouncy:

PS3 being used to simulate black holes.

Take that Wii :P

Nice but that has nothing to do with playing games on it so it's of little detriment to the Wii, granted it's good to see the consoles CPU being put to 'good'? uses but in gaming terms all it means is they sold 16 more PS3's. :p

Shopto.net just updated my order saying I would be getting the copy with the steel case at no extra cost :bouncy:

KILLZONEPS3.jpg

That is one sexy case, might see if I can cancel my pre-order and get this one.:idea:

Oh, and who let the Xbots in?