NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Why use Home? Worthless application in my view. Yes it must have taken ages to make but I don't really care for it.

Use the PS3 for playing games, watching movies and videos and browsing. I don't need Sims on it, the money they used should have gone to something better.

Well while its useless now I think with a ton of content inside and more integration it is useful.

What i dont get is that there is only one game or beta for many features like:

Game launching: Only Warhawk

Game rewards: Namco Mueseum beta

Game Area: Far Cry 2

Sponsored areas: Redbull

The shops are empty etc. Needs alot of updates as what here is barely even a skeleton. The avatar customisation is too basic. Whats with some options being empty still? We need much more. Where are the Ratchet ears and tail or more body shapes etc.

But the idea is good. I like how its a social gathering place outside of the actual games and XMB. When developed i can see it being like the cities in WOW somewhat.

Well I won't be using it unless I feel like talking to random people in order to charm or piss them off lol.

What game should I get between now and Killzone?! There is too long a wait.

Well I won't be using it unless I feel like talking to random people in order to charm or piss them off lol.

Have you played Prince of Perisa?

I really liked it. Quite different from Killzone 2.

I still have a backlog. So i am working my way through it. Also catching up on Pc and movies, TV somewhat.

My LBP level is coming along well. Its just my most time consuming design so far. I did a cool bridge with bolts. The bolts dissolve making it look like a slow collapse.

Nah I have Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones and it was great but I don't really want the new one. Especially if it's easier. Saints Row 2 may be an option, I've never actually owned a Sandbox game.

Nah I have Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones and it was great but I don't really want the new one. Especially if it's easier. Saints Row 2 may be an option, I've never actually owned a Sandbox game.

New Prince of Persia is nothing like the old ones. Its kind of free roaming. IMo well worth checking out. Is one of my fave games this gen.

Have not tried Saints Row yet though sounds good. Might rent that quite soon.

I'll be on Midnight Club soon too.

Currently playing Buzz as well. Adictive with the family.

Valkyria chronicles. Still early in the game need to get back to it.

Ah! Valykria Chronicles maybe... Forgot about that.

I remember borrowing The Godfather off a friend for the PS2 and I thought it was a great game. I've heard the second will be coming out this year. Screens don't look that good but nothing about the first game was that special yet it was very entertaining. Shame they're bringing it to the modern era.

Just completed Saints Row 2.

The last mission was a bit of a let down but then not much else could have happened.

Too many memorable bits to pick just one.

Awesome game.

I felt the same way, over 4 weeks and nothing else to really play on my PS3. So.............I bought a 360. Now I have Halo 3, Gears of War and Mass Effect to tide me over till Killzone.: peace:

Just completed Saints Row 2.

The last mission was a bit of a let down but then not much else could have happened.

Too many memorable bits to pick just one.

Awesome game.

Good good. Cant wait to check it out.

I feel overloaded with games though. Not enough time.

I could buy a 360 it's just I don't know why I would want one. It wouldn't be useful for multimedia really, and there's only a few exclusives that I'd like. Thing is I can live without Banjo and Halo. Not a fan of Gears tbh.

I say just catch up on your back catalogue. sell games you are done with or better rent.

Wouldnt have found out about POP without rental. I could hook you up with a free 3 month code for Lovefilm. Just cancel before 3 months are up at no cost. This way you can try everything.

Yeah I dunno Choze, maybe.

I think Valkyria Chronicles is a likely bet on buying though, it's not something you want to force completing in a week. I'm downloading the demo again to refresh my memory. Anime isn't really my thing but I don't mind too much, if the gameplay is there.

I think Valkyria Chronicles is a likely bet on buying though, it's not something you want to force completing in a week. I'm downloading the demo again to refresh my memory. Anime isn't really my thing but I don't mind too much, if the gameplay is there.

honestly, im not that into anime, i like akira and spirited away, thats about it. valkyria chronicles blew me away. the story is great, the visual style is nothing short of studly and the gameplay is increadable. im a big advancewars fan, and enjoyed fire emblem on the wii, and the battle possibilities on valkyria are far beyond anything else. its jesus in game form.

Yeah try the demo. Its set at the start of the game. The RPG elements come into play after the village area in the main game though. If you like SRPG then this is one of the all time best.

Eternal Sonata is ocming next month but i doubt anyone cares :P

Eternal Sonata is ocming next month but i doubt anyone cares :P

i'll be buying it, when the price is down.

Really? Givent he amount of releases in February i doubt it. Demo wasnt that good either.

what is there actually to do in the red bull space? Doesn't seem all that much to get on with,

what is there actually to do in the red bull space? Doesn't seem all that much to get on with,

Just a flying mini game. You can activate at the planes.

A while back I was asking around for suggestions on an LCD HD TV (32" & 1080p) for under £450

What about this?

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/6615245/Sony-Bravia-V-Series-32-quot-32V4000-HD-Ready-Freeview-Widescreen-LCD-TV/Product.html

Out of stock atm but I think it matches your price and specs, just wait for it to come back in again (probably won't take long) and order. :smile:

This was a good option, but Jordan said that the W series is much better. However, there is always a better TV out there and I really can't afford that kind of money. Unless there is another great suggestion should I go for this.

And do you get your moneys worth when buying Sony TVs, seems that sometimes you are paying for the name.

Well looking at the Samsung on play.com which is £70 less. Comes with no warranty and a rubbish CMO LCD panel.

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/5320508/Samsung-Series-4-32-LE32A436-HD-Ready-Freeview-Widescreen-LCD-TV/Product.html

So the choice is really easy. If anything you are paying for the name on the Samsung.

The W series costs more than the V series. Going up its hard to find better deals as you end up in the 36" dead zone where plasma sets start to creep in alongside LCD.

I think V series is a good choice if you want value at that price range.

Just realised I don't think it has 1080p.

Good 1080p cost money. At your price focus on 720p.

i am checking. Some say they despatch before release

all ps3 are region free . its the Ps2 bc that isnt. You need US PS2 games. IMO at this stage just go for a new PS3. Otherwise a PAL 60GB is your bet. Upgrade the disk to the largest size possible. You get speed gains as well.

As i've said sony is gonna send me another 60gb PS3 soon.

I know PS2 isn't region free, that's why I said for them to mod the hardware and firmware to support this. It was just wishful thinking.

My friend has an LG 1080p TV and it looks great, £400.

Why not get that one? It's the same one as what I got and it does look great.