NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Played some 60 player online tonight - works a treat - lovely stuff. I preordered mine ages ago on Gamplay - you'll get it for £29.99 there.

Played some 60 player online tonight - works a treat - lovely stuff. I preordered mine ages ago on Gamplay - you'll get it for £29.99 there.

They put there price up by a fiver, luckily I managed to pre-order mine before they did :heh:

More money I can save in the upcoming months the better.

Well I played a bit last night and it was awesome. Whose on tonight? Played a couple of matches last night, played some right annoying people, gonna have to play with my headset today so I have give some grief back lol!

I want a big N-E turnout tonight mics and all! Cos I won't be playing much rest of week cos of work!

I was weighing up getting SOCOM in November as well as this, but with multiplayer this good who needs it?!

I want a big N-E turnout tonight mics and all! Cos I won't be playing much rest of week cos of work!

I was weighing up getting SOCOM in November as well as this, but with multiplayer this good who needs it?!

See you online tonight then flamey! : peace:

See you online tonight then flamey! : peace:

Awesome! Think I sorted out my mic now...

Oddly the problems I have had with random log outs seems to have started again now since I downloaded the Resistance 2 beta, it only seemed a temporary blip as all last night whilst I played the beta was fine, just getting it to sign in after installation took me a while.

It is sooo good much better than R1 ever was!

I'll hopefully be on! What thyme? Heroes is on at 10pm, so I will be free before then. Need to remember to charge headset.

Yeah this game is actually intensely good, I'll probably be there. Will try to re-sinc my headset.

DJ Max portable Devs stops development of DJ MAX BlackSquare because of piracy

Apparently someone has put an ISO of DJ MAX Clazziquai Edition as soon it was released

The DJ MAX devs responded rather drastically and stopped the development of Black Square

They said that they wont release it or continue to develop it until the piracy problem is getting better.

sijin.egloos

Gonna pick up either the 360 or PS3 next week to alleviate some mid day boredom, can't really decide which one to get. As much i'd rather have the PS3, I really didn't want to spend that much.

What's got the better games line up?

Gonna pick up either the 360 or PS3 next week to alleviate some mid day boredom, can't really decide which one to get. As much i'd rather have the PS3, I really didn't want to spend that much.

What's got the better games line up?

Lol, u ask this in the playstation thread? Get both, its so much easier! lol

Anyway, alot of upcomming games are multi-format and are out for both. However there are some differences for example 360 will have Gears of War 2 where as PS3 will have Resistance 2. PS3 can play blu-ray films, 360 can not, 360 has geomatry wars, PS3 has Super Stardust HD (although my personal opinion says SSDHD is better).

If i had to choose now i would find it quite difficult, i'm just spoilt and have both.

The way I see it:

The PS3 houses less "traditional" games (but more 'out-there/innovative' ones) but it also has free online play (which can be poorer than the paid 360 equivalent). Finally, the PS3 has bluray playback (and is more future proof and failure proof :p).

These kind of discussions only end up going one way though. So the question really is: Which system meets YOUR gaming needs.

The way I see it:

The PS3 houses less "traditional" games (but more 'out-there/innovative' ones) but it also has free online play (which can be poorer than the paid 360 equivalent). Finally, the PS3 has bluray playback (and is more future proof and failure proof :p).

These kind of discussions only end up going one way though. So the question really is: Which system meets YOUR gaming needs.

Very true, search through the threads in this board, u will find many 360 vs PS3 debates.

I would also go go onto game websites look at the release list for both consoles and also have a look at the games already released.

Depends what you're after. You should ask for a list of the console's great games in both of the threads, then weigh up the choices yourself and make your mind up. Possibly the only fair way of doing it.

Naturally, I'd recommend the 360 over the PS3 though, as I find the online superb : peace:

Lol, u ask this in the playstation thread? Get both, its so much easier! lol

Yeah my mistake, I shouldn't ask Playstation 3 questions in the Playstation 3 thread.

These are the sorts of games you'll be looking at for PS3 (some are multiplatform)

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune

Call of Duty 4

Grand Theft Auto IV

Gran Turismo 5 (completed version)

Tekken 6

Metal Gear Solid 4

Killzone 2

Resistance 2 - November 4th

rachet and clank

Naruto: Ultimate ninja storm - November 4th

Socom: Confrontation - October 14th

God of War 3

Little Big Planet - 21st Oct

Fallout 3 - October 28th

Farcry 2 - October 21st

Mirrors Edge - November 11th

WipeOut HD - September 25th

Maybe:

Warhawk

Unreal Tournament 3

Motorstorm 2 - October 28th

Bioshock

MAG

Yeah my mistake, I shouldn't ask Playstation 3 questions in the Playstation 3 thread.

No need for sarcasm. It was a joke hence the 'lol' at the end as u mentioned u may prefer the PS3 but then asked a general gaming question (not a PS3 question) 'which console has the better line up'. Most likely the answer u will get will favour the PS3 as u asked it in the playstation thread and not the 360 thread as well.

I was only trying to help, hense the rest of the txt in the post and also my next one in reply to Tapedecks post.

No need for sarcasm. It was a joke hence the 'lol' at the end as u mentioned u may prefer the PS3 but then asked a general gaming question (not a PS3 question) 'which console has the better line up'. Most likely the answer u will get will favour the PS3 as u asked it in the playstation thread and not the 360 thread as well.

I was only trying to help, hense the rest of the txt in the post and also my next one in reply to Tapedecks post.

agreed...you should put the same post in the 360 thread if you havn't already. You really have to look at the games on each platform. For me there is was only Halo, GoW, Bioshock that made me want a 360 but was a ton of other stuff I wanted on PS3 that was both already out and or coming out...

PlayStation development took center stage at Casual Connect when Sony Europe's developer relations manager George Bain addressed an audience of Eastern European developers.

The PlayStation 2 has sold 131.3 million units to date, he said. The software sales for that platform have been over 1.4 billion.

The PlayStation Portable has sold 41.3 million units. Software sales have been 169 million.

And as of June 30th, the PlayStation 3 has sold 14.4 million units, with software sales of 94 million.

The most important information Bain had for his audience was news that, in Europe, the PlayStation 2 "is effectively an open platform," adding, "You no longer have to submit a game for content approval." He used examples from Russia and Indian developers, saying they can "create low-development cost titles and release them in their market."

Without the need of a licensed publisher, it's a direct relationship between a developer and Sony.

Bain reports that there is no cost to become a licensed developer, but dev kits do cost. In some cases, Sony lends dev kits.

In a press release from November of 2007, Sony Computer Entertainment International announced that dev kits for the PlayStation 3 would cost $10,250.

Bain told his audience that if they were working on a smaller casual title, they could alternately use debug units which are less expensive – 10 percent of the cost of a full dev kit.

The PSP is easier to develop for, Bain pointed out: "It doesn't require a huge amount of programming resources to develop on the PlayStation Portable." He also outlined the release of Media Manager version 3 – an application that would function as iTunes, but for the PSP.

Moving on to the PlayStation Network, Bain reports over 12 million registered accounts, as of September of this year. And 5 million of those subscribers are from SCEE's territory alone.

"One thing that a lot of developers seem to forget is that PlayStation Network is free," said Bain. "Consumers do not have to pay a monthly fee," he said in reference to other similar services.

He also said that Sony does not require a demo of games that are for sale. "It's up to the developer if they make a demo or not."

"Game developers should create games for local markets," Bain said. Several new policies allow for that.

First, Sony is adapting a global approval system. Previously games had to be submitted separately through Sony Europe, Japan, and America. Now, the game idea is sent through a single website for approval.

And now, Sony will allow developers to publish by going through a third-party publisher. "This has never been done before," notes Bain. "This is something we're actively promoting."

"...without the need of a licensed publisher," he continues, "it's a direct relationship between a developer and Sony."

Something else to ease the process is an edict that, once a game has been approved, episodic and expansion content won't need to be approved before being published.

Currently, developers interested in utilizing in-game ads must work with the only two licensed ad providers, Double Fusion and IGA Worldwide, but Bain says the company is in discussions with additional partners.

Bain concluded by restating: "Developers no longer need a publisher to distribute games on PlayStation Portable and PlayStation 3."

GameDaily

First, Sony is adapting a global approval system. Previously games had to be submitted separately through Sony Europe, Japan, and America. Now, the game idea is sent through a single website for approval.

PRAISE THE LORDS!!!!!!!!!

but it also has free online play (which can be poorer than the paid 360 equivalent).

Worth mentioning 360 cant do 60 players online in one match.

Also games like R2 have superior options set like setting up clans and rewards. MS need badly update to upgrade to a server infrastructure. Not only that but server based games have less lagg and issues.

Is anyone else having problems purchasing off the PSN? I'm trying to get Crash Bandicoot 3, needing to add some more funds to my wallet, so I enter my card details and it says "This service is under maintenance", and has been so for two days now. Also I try enter a default card under account management and it comes up with an error code. Any ideas?

My friend said he was having trouble a couple days ago....weird.

I haven't bought anything in the past week so I couldn't say.