NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

The Heavenly Sword ones are nice. Killzone ones should be fun! Hope the eyes glow red.

I've downloaded all the free Sackboys but haven't played the game for a long time..Oh yeah, some game Killzone 2 just came in the post.

Oh yeah, some game Killzone 2 just came in the post.

Is that any good? I haven't heard anything about it. Maybe Sony just want to get that one out of the door...

:heh:

I can't believe this, the day Killzone 2 comes and my PSN starts acting up...

Its giving my a DNS error whenever I try and sign in (Error code: 80710102)

And Xbox live is messing up for me too (Again about the DNS :/ )

Normally its just a simple case of turning the router on and off to fix any problems I normally have, but not this time :(

If anyone can help me out, that would be a blessing. ;p

Is that any good? I haven't heard anything about it. Maybe Sony just want to get that one out of the door...

:heh:

Haven't played it yet, but check the Killzone 2 thread.

I can't believe this, the day Killzone 2 comes and my PSN starts acting up...

Its giving my a DNS error whenever I try and sign in (Error code: 80710102)

And Xbox live is messing up for me too (Again about the DNS :/ )

Normally its just a simple case of turning the router on and off to fix any problems I normally have, but not this time :(

If anyone can help me out, that would be a blessing. ;p

Hmm sounds like the modem. It could even be maintanence on your ISP's end. Your consoles are fine.

I'm replaying flower again, trying for the Pure trophy, seeing if I can get that before deciding whether to try and 100% it. The thing is when I'm tilting my pad upwards to go as high as I can get to avoid all the falling crap, I get higher then suddenly dip down and go right into the sodding things obviously meaning I don't get the trophy. The guide I'm looking at on how to do it says, just go as high as possible and don't press any buttons and it's easy, but I'm just falling into stuff. Anyone got any ideas?

When the spiky pillars start coming up from the ground simply move slowly and navigate through them once they're in place. For the falling debris there's a succession of pink flowers on the ground, each of which gives you a speed boost. Hit all of them and you'll make it through unscathed.

Stringer Shakes up Sony Management.

Four years into his term as chairman of Sony and with the company facing plunging sales Howard Stringer plans to implement a company-wide reorganization and shake-up top management.

The changes, which will be effective from April 1, will see Stringer take on the title of president of Sony and with it direct control of the company's key electronics business. Stringer will retain his chairman and CEO titles, which gives him group-wide control of Sony, and Ryoji Chubachi, who currently serves as president, will become vice-chairman to assist Stringer in safety, quality and environmental issues, Sony said in a statement.

"Consumers want products that are networked, multi-functional and service-enhanced utilizing open technologies, and user experiences that are rich, shared and, increasingly, green," said Stringer in a statement. "This reorganization is designed to transform Sony into a more innovative, integrated and agile global company with its next generation of leadership firmly in place."

The electronics business will reorganized and two main groups will sit at its heart.

The Networked Products and Services Group will bring together Sony's PlayStation games console, Vaio personal computers, Walkman audio products, new mobile products and Sony Media Software and Services, which develops a common service platform across Sony products. All of these products currently provide access, or will in the future, to Sony's PlayStation Network, an online content distribution system that Sony expects will power its networked electronics products in the future.

At the top of the division will be Kaz Hirai, who currently runs the PlayStation business at subsidiary Sony Computer Entertainment. Hirai is a Sony veteran and fluent English speaker and managed Sony's U.S. PlayStation operations while Stringer was running Sony's U.S. consumer electronics business.

Another U.S. executive, Sony Electronics President Kunimasa Suzuki, will become senior vice president of Sony and deputy president of the new group. He will lead the Vaio business and a project to create new products that utilize the best technologies from across Sony.

The second major group will be the New Consumer Products Group that will bring together Sony's Bravia TV, digital imaging, home audio and video businesses.

It will be led by Hiroshi Yoshioka, who currently heads Sony's TV business. In this role he will also oversee the Semiconductor and Component Business Group. Yoshihisa Ishida, who currently runs the Vaio business, will head the TV business group in Yoshioka's place.

The reorganization will also see Katsumi Ihara, currently group CFO, shifted out of the main company and off its board to become an executive director at Sony Financial Holdings.

"The changes we're announcing today will accelerate the transformation of the Company that began four years ago," Stringer said in a statement. "They will now make it possible for all of Sony's parts to work together to assume a position of worldwide leadership and, together, achieve great things."

In January, Sony warned that sales in the current financial year, which ends in March, are expected to be ¥7.7 trillion (US$78 billion), a 14 percent cut from its previous forecast of ¥9 trillion, and net income will drop from an expected profit of ¥150 billion to a loss of the same amount. Sony blamed the strong Japanese yen and global economic slowdown for the problems.

What does that actually mean? They're going to make one machine that incorporates everything :S

What does that actually mean? They're going to make one machine that incorporates everything :S

I wouldn't say it means one machine, but one distribution system...I wonder if Sony are going to jump the gun and steal a march on making digital downloads their primary format across all their products. Although tbh this is what Apple already do...

Am I the only one that doesn't like the idea of everything becoming digital? I love the idea of having all digital games on PSP as I would take the device around with me, in the same way I like having an iPod with all my songs. But I kind of like having my collections of games and movies and everything. :p

Its just an option. Disk based media still has the edge for ownership and quality as you said.

Patapon invades LBP!

lbppatapon.jpg

Media Molecule has shown great ambition to succeed by continually bringing its fans new content for LittleBigPlanet on an almost weekly basis. The most memorable addition to their platformer to date is without a doubt the Metal Gear Solid 4 level pack which released back in December. With still heavy premium content to come such as Final Fantasy VII, Heavenly Sword and Killzone 2 DLC, Sony has announced yet another stylish costume to be donned by SackBoy and his friends. We're talking about the PlayStation Portable sensation, Patapon.

Unfortunately a release date and price point has not yet been confirmed for the upcoming pack, but we're sure both will be announced shortly. This is by far our favorite looking costume to date, and we can't wait until it is released. Pata-pata-pata-planet!

I am of the opinion that Killzone 2 is the best online FPS on consoles. (Not that I can think of any better on PC)

It's just brilliant.

I am of the opinion that Killzone 2 is the best online FPS on consoles. (Not that I can think of any better on PC)

It's just brilliant.

Told you ages ago :wink: I hope i get more betas like Killzone 2. The beta was really addictive. I put 70+ hours into that. The testers all knew it would be special.

i read alot of reviews saying that it wasnt a halo killer, but if im honest, its better then what ive seen of halo. found halo very over rated tbh.

Hmmm pleasant surprise here!

Checked the PSN Store today? Of course not, why would you? It's Wednesday. Perhaps as a sign that the End truly is nigh, the European PSN Store has updated today (a Wednesday, in case you forgot) with the first episode of Watchmen: The End is Nigh. There's no telling whether this was mistakenly released a day early, or whether it was placed on the Store on purpose. At the time of writing the American Store has had no such update.

If you're not sure about whether to grab the game, you can try out the demo first, though it does weigh in at a pretty hefty 1.2GB. If you enjoy that chunk of gameplay, you can upgrade to the full game for £12.99/€14.99. We're not sure if the offline-only co-op brawler is worth that sort of money (that's four copies of Noby Noby Boy!) but it might do a good job of getting you in the mood for the movie which releases this Friday.

Hmmm pleasant surprise here!

Is it meant to be any good?

Stock discrepancy for my PS3 headset so I got a refund. When does SOCOM hit? I'll get the bundle.

Is it meant to be any good?

There's a hands-on at Joystiq.

There's a hands-on at Joystiq.

Wow, it sounds awful.

Still I want to beat people up as Rorschach so I'll try out the demo.