N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

You saw GTTV? Good show this week. I actually pulled this list from the GT forums..

Prince of Persia did this too when you download the Altair costume, but the difference is they're both 'fixed' websites that are accessed in-game. A much bigger thing to do like I said, watching Flash or Windows Media on a website while running demanding games such as Burnout or Prince of Persia. It would be a great addition though, when playing through MGS4 I had to whip out my PSP and use the web browser to find out how you beat Laughing Octopus on Gamefaqs :)

One thing I want to see from this update is cross-game invites, hopefully sooner or later.

No havn't watched GTTV will do though when im done with area5.tv

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

But it didnt sound that great...it had a lot of features they could do with adding but nothing to get worked up about...

It would address the majority of complaints people have with the XMB and bring the functionality much closer to that of Live's. It's a fan wishlist, and whilst it might sound reasonable at first glance remember how long in took for Sony to retro-fit the in-game XMB; every time you press the PS button the machine is already having to juggle things around in RAM.

Are the changes listed possible? In the long term, probably, but magically pulling all those features out of a hat for a single update seems more than a bit far fetched to me.

To be honest I think that update would be great, but for now I'm fine. I think the loading for XMB would be the preferrable thing to improve.

Did you upgrade your HDD to a much better one? Loading improves somewhat for everything. :grin: Plus it varies for games. During heavy loading XMB will be at its slowest(e.g loading screen). Most games have restrictions on loading during menus etc. Its good the text doesnt have wait time to show up, only icons.

I use the ingame XMB all the time. I pretty much never use quit nowadays.

It would address the majority of complaints people have with the XMB and bring the functionality much closer to that of Live's.

XMB has little to do with online only and besides nowadays there is much more that 360 doesnt do compared to PS3 now and with a worse UI. Its also nice to see games like Noby Noby Boy adding Youtube! uploading(as well as on PS3) and ingame XMB image capture. Its been a feature for a while but rarely used.

Right now i Just want KZ2 to come out...

anyone got their preorders shipping. Wednesday is the day online servers turn on.

:( I finished Flower just, which I thought was a really impressive game. Looked so amazing, especially by the end. Once it had done the credits it was saving when I made the mistake of hitting the ps button loading the XMB. It made my PS3 become unresponsive apart being able to quit the game, but when I did that it restarted my whole PS3. Now when I go onto Flower only the first flower is there, and my saved data is corrupt :(

That sucks.

I actually played through it twice to get the secret flowers the second time so I guess you could just do that. It feels slightly different playing it for a second time.

See thats part of reason despite wanting to I have not been back to the game...worried I won't feel the same rush of emotion I did first time round so kinda wanna just leave it like yes what a great experience and one I will never witness again and just leave there.