NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Not sure. I doubt i will play it since its a shooter. Bad timing with Killzone 2.

As much as I like Resistance I don't see how it works - I saw someone playing the demo and I was actually very impressed at the graphics, but the auto-aim thing... I don't see how online would work.

It would be like the pointless Metroid Prime Echoes multiplayer.

As much as I like Resistance I don't see how it works - I saw someone playing the demo and I was actually very impressed at the graphics, but the auto-aim thing... I don't see how online would work.

It would be like the pointless Metroid Prime Echoes multiplayer.

Its online? Sony tried this with Syphon Filter which wasnt bad going by the demo. But why bother?

Dont know if anyone is interested, but 'Home' has been updated with some pretty cool stuff. A resident evil 5 location, some SFIV costumes and a new Helicopter game amongst other things.

I don't like Home. But I've already mentioned that so I won't bother explaining again.

Dont know if anyone is interested, but 'Home' has been updated with some pretty cool stuff. A resident evil 5 location, some SFIV costumes and a new Helicopter game amongst other things.

Watchmen costumes as well. Havent had the time due to KZ2 but will have a peek. Needs much more of this to become compeling for regular usage. Which i am sure it will. at some point...

Anyone got any idea of how to put the bluray through a bit of a workout?

I've tried installing and playing a game and that seems fine. I just want to know if this thing really is going to kick it.

I'm going to try a blu-ray movie in a minute.

Still not sure :heh: The game does have auto aim tweaks. So you can lessen it signifcantly. Should be interesting to see how it performs. But i think its not the best game to translate to PSP. The SP to PS3 features sound interesting though. Play with DS3 lol.

Anyone got any idea of how to put the bluray through a bit of a workout?

I've tried installing and playing a game and that seems fine. I just want to know if this thing really is going to kick it.

I'm going to try a blu-ray movie in a minute.

Try Uncharted or Killzone 2. Any heavy disk only based game. Movies are good too.

I would have just rung Sony and spoke to them right away. But dont worry they seem to fix BD issues for free even when out of warranty.

The only thing that would make me buy Resistance on PSP is if it adds enough to the story and the lore of the series if not, I'm not interested really...

Try Uncharted or Killzone 2. Any heavy disk only based game. Movies are good too.

I would have just rung Sony and spoke to them right away. But dont worry they seem to fix BD issues for free even when out of warranty.

I installed Soul Calibur IV. Played that for a bit. Put Blade Runner on. Paused it for 10/15 minutes (that's how it broke last time).

Everything seems fine. I guess it must have been just Cloverfield. The disk was virtually spotless...I'm a bit confused but slightly less worried.

I installed Soul Calibur IV. Played that for a bit. Put Blade Runner on. Paused it for 10/15 minutes (that's how it broke last time).

Everything seems fine. I guess it must have been just Cloverfield. The disk was virtually spotless...I'm a bit confused but slightly less worried.

Well some chance It could well be a slightly dodgy disk. Does not have to be a visible fault. Keep your eyes peeled!

Will be on Killzone 2 online for abit tonight.

sonycards.jpg

http://www.playfire.com/a/blog/p/playfire-sony-announce-automated-trophycards-coming-soon

Playfire will be handling the online trophy cards. Realtime sync.

Edited by Choze

Damn tegg/choze, you have a ridiculous amount of trophies.

There are people on my firends list with more... I know people who are level 12 etc.

Needless to say the signatures are up on playstation.com and you can see all your friends trophies on one page too! Good stuff. Hope they keep working on it. The current sig doesnt have enough options.

edit: OMG Red Baron is coming to PSN today! http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/03/12/the-red-baron-returns-on-psn-today/

Cant wait. We need more arcadey flying games! Includes online multiplayer with modes like capture the flag etc.

Edited by Choze

About time we had real time Trophy tracking, the PSN just keeps going from strength to strength.

hopefully someone comes up with a facebook app that shows off trophies.

Well since the sigs are done with help from Playfire who will continue to develop it who knows? or maybe someone else will do it?

Need to get to level 10.

Fook me there is alot of content on the PSN! Just dloaded alot of new things such as cars for burnout, and costumes for SF4 as well as a multitude of demos and trailers. Man are they gonna lock my internet off soon. ALSO just went onto Home to check out the resi space, and just from doing that I got a chris redfield something (Home was not specific but I expect it to be a figurine). Nice day!

WOW, I feel really low on the trophy front...

Oh well, don't care about trophies anyway :)

Oh well, don't care about trophies anyway :)

clearly.:wink:

:kiss:

I dont, most of the games i play right now don't even have trophies because they are old games that I missed out on since i bought the ps3 late.

I like the new ID cuz it looks nice and shows off the games you play.

At the end of the day, trophies just tell you how many games a person has played, not really how good they are at them...

i actualy think trophies are changing how i play games. im so concious of them its stupid. i have to check what i can get, lest i miss some easily obtained virtual medal.

i guess its just the 5 skin within trying to get out.

I like trophies within a game. Adding them up though kind of gets a bit dull after so much.

Depends on the person. Definately works though.

Look at how KZ2 handles multiplayer. There are cookie crumbs/unlocks everywhere to motivate you. Same goes for the trophy system. You level up.

Now some will always be affected. Most just now and again. Other wont care.

I really want a new Crazi Taxi game on the PS3. I loved the first on PS2, they should definetly give it a revamp, it was ultimate arcade goodness. Great music, mental characters and awesome jumps and stunts.