NEurope
Dante

Call of Duty: World at War

You'll be trading it in then? I certinly won't be buying, will wait for the 6th. May not even get that unless it is really good.

I would trade it in if I traded in anything.

Not to say that the game is specifically bad. It's just boring and worse than CoD4 in every way and this is from someone who really liked CoD3.

bought it.. Better than COD4??? What were they smoking? Ill play through it alright but it just feels so wrong... took a few rounds of multiplayer and it was fun enough.. slashed a few dogs with my knife. But running around just feels so strange.. Cod4 had nailed it perfectly I think.. the "weight" of your man running and jumping.. now in cod5 i feels like your just floating around like Doom 2 all those years ago..

rrod.jpg

Kurtle's Xbox, RIP: NOVEMBER 2008

Haha....Yep...Ended up with no picture a few hours later so I've got to send it in; though XBox Support is AWFUL!!!!

I'd just got GOW2 & COD too...:(

Anyway, I think people are exaggerating the badness of this game.

It's not as good as COD4, but it's good enough, especially after playing COD4 to death for a year.

I think you just have to get used to things and treat it as a mix of 2, 3 & 4.

I think you just have to get used to things and treat it as a mix of 2, 3 & 4.

The good, the bad, and the uber. :awesome:

I miss my 360 greatly. My plan for getting home at Christmas consists of hug family, take advantage of free food, see old friends at pub, take advantage of free food, pwn n00bs at CoD4.

I have still not give this a proper go yet. Only played the first level so far. Was going to wait for it till next year but when i seen it for £27 in ASDA i just got it, lol.

I will find time for it eventually.

So what's the general consensus? Good/Average/Poor?

If COD4 didn't exist would this rank better?

If COD4 didn't exist this would have gotten better public opinion, yep.

Getting this in a few weeks. Not really caring about the single player as I know it won't be as good as CoD4's. Mainly getting it for something to play online, seeing as it takes too long to get a match on Gears and can't be bothered going back to Halo 3 for online so this'll have to suffice until I pick up Battlefield: Bad Company.

So what's the general consensus? Good/Average/Poor?

If COD4 didn't exist would this rank better?

I really like it. Comparing it to CoD4 though, CoD4 wins but i still enjoyed the single player (although vetern difficulty is harder than CoD4!) and currently enjoying the multiplayer!

This is a top game. If you enjoyed Cod 4, I wouldn't hesitate in getting this, seen as it's practically the same game beneath a thin facade.

Sorry for bumpage but just informing people about the up coming DLC

New conflicts are on the horizon for Call of Duty: World at War! We're pleased to introduce the contents of our first Downloadable Content (DLC) Map Pack for World at War, which includes three new Multiplayer levels, as well as an additional level for the ever-popular bonus Co-Op mode, Nazi Zombies!

3 Multiplayer maps: Nightfire, Station, Knee Deep

1 Nazi Zombie level: Verrückt (Zombie Asylum)

The team has been very quiet regarding details of our DLC until now, and we're so excited to let this content loose. DLC Map Pack #1 is due out in March of '09 for the Xbox 360™, Playstation®3, and PC platforms. More details are soon to come, so be sure to check out CallOfDuty.com for all the latest news and updates regarding CoD:WaW!

Get Bad Company.

This is overrated. COD4 is much better. Unless you like respawning enemies till you cross an invisible line gameplay. Really shoddy.

Wait who is that aimed that, you're telling me to get Bad Company? Well too late buddy I have this game and I prefer it. We all know CoD4 is better, but alot of people (it's the most played game on Live atm) enjoy this game.

Wait who is that aimed that, you're telling me to get Bad Company? Well too late buddy I have this game and I prefer it. We all know CoD4 is better, but alot of people (it's the most played game on Live atm) enjoy this game.

This game is flipping awesome. The multiplayer is more enjoyable in my opinion due to the greater variation in weapon types. Never bought a COD game for the single-player anyway.

Anybody manage to get the new Map Pack? I've been trying allnight but the store is down :(

so anyone still play this on n-e? Im still enjoying this alot but I never had cod4.....anyone have map pack 2?

Yer I'm still going strong. I've played this game more than I played Cod 4. I've got map pack 2 but haven't really explored to it to any great extent yet - but what i've played was promising.

Just bought this last night when shopping £25 at Asda!.

Nazi Zombies is fantastic!

:yay:

Map Pack 2 has one of the best maps I have ever played, the one with the bridge. Perfect for Search & Destroy.

I bought this a couple of days ago. Completed the single player in a single sitting, going to try it on the hardest setting when i'm off work next week. Hopefully changing ISPs soon so will get online for a few games too :yay:

anyone played this and the conduit? i want to know which one to get. Id mainly like to know wich one is better online and has the better control::shrug:

anyone played this and the conduit? i want to know which one to get. Id mainly like to know wich one is better online and has the better control::shrug:

If you're choosing between the Wii version of the Conduit and the Wii version of COD:WAW go for COD:WAW. If you're comparing the Wii version of COD:WAW with the 360 version you have the following to consider:

Wii positives:

Much better controls

Much faster 'PC style' aiming

Best on the Wii

360 positives:

Much better graphics

Voice chat

More maps

More modes

DLC

I just got Map Pack 2 yesterday and it's stunning, especially the Nazi Zombies one. Map Pack 3 looks awesome, I'mma buy that when it's released too.