NEurope
Dante

Call of Duty: World at War

Finally gave this a go last night and while it uses the basis of what CoD4 did, the maps and gameplay just aren't as good. Maps such as Makin are just awful and Roundhouse is almost ruined by the presense of the tanks. The artillery thing is cool though. The dogs however piss me off enormously. That's a really stupid thing to put it. One hit by a dog and your dead. :shakehead I wasn't exactly expecting much from it but it's been confirmed that, for multiplayer, CoD4 is still better.

I have just the seen the beta for general download on the xbox live marketplace... but it says it expires on the 10th.

Think i will give it a quick go when im back from work.

Why they went back to World War 2 is beyond me......boring. I know its from a different company but god, hasn't WWII been done to death, atleast with modern warfare you can play about abit with modern warefare technology and make the game interesting, i'll be holding out for Infinity Wards next year I think.

First review is in on this courtesy of PSM who gave it 10/10 saying it was better than CoD4. From my impressions of the game so far, I wouldn't say it's a 10/10 from what I've played but then I've yet to try out the campaign. But then I won't be buying it upon release so I won't be able to pass a proper criticism on it until much later. I still stand by what I said about the dogs though. That was a stupid inclusion.

First review is in on this courtesy of PSM who gave it 10/10 saying it was better than CoD4. From my impressions of the game so far, I wouldn't say it's a 10/10 from what I've played but then I've yet to try out the campaign. But then I won't be buying it upon release so I won't be able to pass a proper criticism on it until much later. I still stand by what I said about the dogs though. That was a stupid inclusion.

Is there an Internet review or is just in the mag?

There's no way it would get a 10/10 because they've hardly improved it and even Cod 4 isn't worth of 10/10. All it was was a solid shooter.

I played the new demo at a friend's who has a 360 and thought it was decent.

CoD4 was definitely worthy of a 10 out of 10. The sniper levels set in chernobyl alone were worth 10s. By far the best levels in a FPS I've ever played.

Exactly. The levels are just not as good and the whole dog thing is still pissing me off. Lots of graphical glitches on some of the levels (and I doubt it's to do with the fact that it's a beta).

Exactly. The levels are just not as good and the whole dog thing is still pissing me off. Lots of graphical glitches on some of the levels (and I doubt it's to do with the fact that it's a beta).

It's not really a Beta in the traiditional sense, because they said that they wont be making any alterations to the game - it's just a bit of fan service. I'm thinking atm: what's the point in this? Gears 2 has just come out!

Exactly. But I see it that people, such as younger kids, may well plonk for this over Gears because their parent's won't let them have that (and quite right). Unless the reviews are stellar, I'm doubtful it'll sell anywhere near as well as CoD4. I'm waiting for the reviews to make my final judgement on purchasing it.

It's not really a Beta in the traiditional sense, because they said that they wont be making any alterations to the game - it's just a bit of fan service. I'm thinking atm: what's the point in this? Gears 2 has just come out!

more of a wilderness stress test on the net code (which seemed OK)

but yeah. Pointless in a time of Gears 2. Clearly the superior product.

Damn you eggbox owners with your immense looking Gears 2!! (Might buy a cheap premium just for that game)

Anyway, is anybody getting this on PS3? Online co-op would be cool.: peace:

I don't know why people are knocking COD5, is it because its not being made my infinity ward? probably ...people don't like change ! I think the beta is pretty good! Obviously needs patching up but i liked the maps.

I don't know why people are knocking COD5, is it because its not being made my infinity ward? probably ...people don't like change ! I think the beta is pretty good! Obviously needs patching up but i liked the maps.

Because it isn't as well made as CoD4. Plus the weapons make it much less interesting. Also, teams of up to 8 doesn't feel right in the setting.

The biggest improvement in the beta was the removal of respawn times in Hardcore, but that only lasted a day until they added them again.

I'm having problems with the picture going funny on Single Player, goes all blotchy, and also affects the XBox slidey menu thing.

Anyone know anythin?

Just a heads up ppl that i have been told by a friend that ASDA will be selling this tomoz for £27 on 360 and PS3 versions.

However i can't confirm this but i shall be checking it tomoz at my local store...

Bought this at asda for £27 at midnight.

Started at 3:30 with a friend, finished story just now, played on normal.

Fuck this game, the campaign is boring, nothing particularly memorable at all. CoD4 campaign puts it to shame. Multiplayer is essentially the same thing, I dislike the maps more but this will probably be a matter of taste. Guns mostly feel weak and boring or just the same as every other WW2 game. Graphics I would say are worse with some really appauling lighting at times.

Skip this shit.

Oh also the co op campaign split screen setup is ridiculous. It makes it into two boxes sized roughly the same as a normal 4 player sized box, if that makes any sense at all.

Wow really, that's a shame. Hmm still £27 is temptings. Suppose I could wait for Left 4 Dead instead.

Bought this at asda for £27 at midnight.

Started at 3:30 with a friend, finished story just now, played on normal.

Fuck this game, the campaign is boring, nothing particularly memorable at all. CoD4 campaign puts it to shame. Multiplayer is essentially the same thing, I dislike the maps more but this will probably be a matter of taste. Guns mostly feel weak and boring or just the same as every other WW2 game. Graphics I would say are worse with some really appauling lighting at times.

Skip this shit.

Oh also the co op campaign split screen setup is ridiculous. It makes it into two boxes sized roughly the same as a normal 4 player sized box, if that makes any sense at all.

You'll be trading it in then? I certinly won't be buying, will wait for the 6th. May not even get that unless it is really good.