NEurope
Coolness Bears

Should we stick with our glasses? or are contacts the way to go!!!

I'm constantly losing, breaking, squashing and sitting on my glasses! i have even had unfortunate incident where a pair fell in the toilet.....:shakehead

I don't have to wear them all the time but i do now as i am so clumsy with them! I was wondering about Contacts but i just can't get used to the idea of something weird being in my eye! :)

I want to know what some of the advantages of wearing contacts are? are they difficult to put in? or comfy? are things clearer?

And whether people who tried contacts stuck with their old pair of faithful glasses or went over to the contacts side as they are way cooler? :heh: (much better) :D

So Brothers, Should we stick with our glasses? or are contacts the way to go!!! :yay:

I want to switch to contacts. People see me and think "Nerd", even though I am not nerdy at all.

I did try some 12-hour daily contacts on a trial over 18 months ago. They were comfortable, but the whole thing about getting them in was a pain. Though the optician did say that it gets easier the more you do it.

I tried contacts last year. I'd never have them again.

I have astigmatism, and apparently makes it all the harder to get used to - they are weighted and have to sit the correct way up to see properly (whereas normal people can wear them any way)

And having some strange optician poke them into your eye is pretty fucking creepy.

My sister has them (she has only slight short sightedness) and she has no problems.

EDIT: max 8-10 hours in one day! Your eyes get really sore/dry if you wear them any longer!

glasses for at home and hanging around with every day m8s.contacts for parties, going to the pub,and any other big social gatherings

I have contacts and have been having them for years. To me they're a lot more comfortable than glasses, which annoy me and give me a headache.

In the very beginning they might be kind of difficult to put in and take out again, but you get used to it after a couple of weeks. I have no problems anymore with them now. And I wear them for more than 12 hours per day without a problem (though when I'm getting close to my period I always have a week where my eyes are more dry, but obviously that's not something you'll have to deal with =P ).

But yeah, contacts all the way!

I wear contacts pretty much everyday now.

I loved them, sometimes in the morning its a bitch and you cannot be bothered to put them in. And they get hella easy to put in with practice, i get mine in in about 30 seconds (from entering the bathroom to leaving) At first they are uncomfortable but once your used to them you dont notice there there.

My advice would be, go to the Eye man with his crazy chair, and ask for a 7 day trial or something. If you like them keep them!

I want to switch to contacts as well.

I dont really need to wear my glasses all the time as well, I only need them for long distances.

If I ever developed bad eyesight I don't think I could wear them because I have a dry skin / dry eyes problem.

I started to need glasses when I was 16 or 17, but went straight with glasses. I was already seen as one of the nerds at school, and didn't want to make it worse with glasses. ;) Anyway, for the first few weeks, it took me ages to get them in and out, about 20 minutes, but once they were in, they never felt uncomfortable (unless they were in inside out). Now I can pop them in and out without even thinking about it. I had to change the type of lens that I had at one point because of an astigmatism, and the liquid because of a reaction to the old one, but apart from that it's been fine.

The worst thing is when you get one trapped round the side of your eye, but that hasn't happened to me for years. It's scary when it happens, but I've never regretted going for them.

They do get dry near the end of the day, but I'm usually at home then, and put my glasses on.

When your out at school/friends then contacts, indoors then glasses.

Or get teh lazer surgery.

I wear glasses, but only if i'm reading or on the computer (so yeah, i wear them alot then).

My gran got them permanent contact lens things.

Does everyone here have bad eyes then? I'm never off the computer/ tv/ Gameboy or DS and my eyes are still holding up after all these years. My dads eyesight is a disgrace though, so its probably only a matter of time.

EDIT: DANTE! You know who you look like? Nathan Petrelli from Heroes!

I wouldn't mind wearing glasses, so I would look smart with them, and I could adjust them in cool ways:

23169513.jpg

gendo.jpg

gendo1.jpg

I couldn't find my favorite one, that you do it with the middle joint of your pointing finger.

Does everyone here have bad eyes then? I'm never off the computer/ tv/ Gameboy or DS and my eyes are still holding up after all these years. My dads eyesight is a disgrace though, so its probably only a matter of time.

Yes and Sylar & Neo & Stiffmeister. :shakehead

The worst thing is when you get one trapped round the side of your eye, but that hasn't happened to me for years. It's scary when it happens, but I've never regretted going for them.

What are you supposed to do if that happens and you can't get it out? Are you supposed to go to the doctor, or the optician? And i take it you can ask for an emergency appointment if it happens? Otherwise you'd be walking around with something painful stuck in the corner of your eye. Oh god.

I have to have glasses but only for driving and reading long distances, my eyes arn't that bad.

I was given glasses last year, but i hardly ever wear them. They really annoy me and i hate having to rely on abit of glass infront of my eyes to see. I always think that wearing glasses makes my eyes worse (I don't know if thats true, but i always believed it)

I did think of contacts but i really don't wear glasses enough as it is. I might have laser when im around 20, but i don't think they let you into the RAF or Navy (I have been considering a job after uni) after having laser.

I told him that, don't think he's too happy about it. :heh:

I told him that, don't think he's too happy about it. :heh:

I am not bit happy about it but i wish that i did have flying powers :P

Contacts all the way. I wear them 7 days a week. Now because I work and have school. I hate wearing glasses in public I feel like such a geek :( Even though hopefully people know I'm not :p

I can put them in, in under 45 seconds, it becomes like second nature and it doesn't hurt putting them in at all. At first it took me around 20minutes for both eyes! Not worth it, but then it becomes so easy.

I've worn them for over 24 hours in one go before (disposable dailys ftw), even fell asleep for like 4 hours (at reading fest) and woke up with everything hunky dory... sometimes if I have them in for long they sting when I take them out which isnt good :/

Contacts >Glasses =]